Thread: How Long Can Claiming 'Witch Hunt' Work?

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default How Long Can Claiming 'Witch Hunt' Work?

The man who cried 'Witch Hunt' is testing the fable of the boy who cried wolf. How long can it work?

Is 'Witch Hunt Man' Credible? Clearly he is for some. But is that a fixed number? Is it declining? If so, by how much, and how quickly?

Is it possible to break the law repeatedly, simply claim any investigation is a 'witch hunt,' and get away with it forever?

It almost seems so in this political climate.

Abraham Lincoln said: “You can fool all the people some of the time and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.”

Trump has never fooled all the people.

He has shown that he can fool some of the people all the time.

But is that a fixed number? Or is he losing support and losing the political power he needs to keep his BS fresh?

Trump faces flurry of investigations beyond Jan. 6 probe

"NEW YORK (AP) — As Donald Trump’s lawyers try to block the White House from releasing records to the congressional committee investigating the Jan. 6 Capitol insurrection, the former president faces a flurry of other investigations that could come to a head in the coming weeks and the new year.

That includes two major state criminal investigations — one in New York and one in Georgia — and lawsuits concerning sexual assault allegations, a fight over an inheritance and questions of whether he should be held personally liable for inciting the insurrection.

Trump has long dismissed the investigations as nothing more than a politically motivated “witch hunt” that began with the probe into Russian meddling in the 2016 election. But while Trump has spent most of his life dodging legal consequences, he is no longer shielded by the protections against indictment enjoyed by sitting presidents. And any charges — which would be the first against a former president in the nation’s history — could affect both his businesses and his future political prospects as he mulls running for a second term."
    Last edited by PoliTalker; 12-03-2021 at 05:52 AM.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (12-03-2021)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (12-03-2021)

4. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,029 Times in 12,559 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,401 Times in 1,345 Posts
    Blog Entries

For as long as the abuse continues.
    This illegal illegitimate regime that runs America is at fault...not me.... they do not represent me and I have long objected to their crimes against humanity.

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Vance is due to retire at the end of the year. Will his investigation continue?
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,917 Times in 1,477 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 77 Times in 75 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    The man who cried 'Witch Hunt' is testing the fable of the boy who cried wolf. How long can it work?
    How long did the howl about watergate work ???

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,780 Times in 32,146 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Is 'Witch Hunt Man' Credible? Clearly he is for some. But is that a fixed number? Is it declining? If so, by how much, and how quickly?

Is it possible to break the law repeatedly, simply claim any investigation is a 'witch hunt,' and get away with it forever?

It almost seems so in this political climate.

Abraham Lincoln said: “You can fool all the people some of the time and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.”

Trump has never fooled all the people.

He has shown that he can fool some of the people all the time.

But is that a fixed number? Or is he losing support and losing the political power he needs to keep his BS fresh?

Trump faces flurry of investigations beyond Jan. 6 probe

"NEW YORK (AP) — As Donald Trump’s lawyers try to block the White House from releasing records to the congressional committee investigating the Jan. 6 Capitol insurrection, the former president faces a flurry of other investigations that could come to a head in the coming weeks and the new year.

That includes two major state criminal investigations — one in New York and one in Georgia — and lawsuits concerning sexual assault allegations, a fight over an inheritance and questions of whether he should be held personally liable for inciting the insurrection.

Trump has long dismissed the investigations as nothing more than a politically motivated “witch hunt” that began with the probe into Russian meddling in the 2016 election. But while Trump has spent most of his life dodging legal consequences, he is no longer shielded by the protections against indictment enjoyed by sitting presidents. And any charges — which would be the first against a former president in the nation’s history — could affect both his businesses and his future political prospects as he mulls running for a second term."
    well, I suppose it would be different if you found something......its been five years now and so far you haven't found anything Trump did wrong......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Earl (12-03-2021), Grumpy (12-03-2021)

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,568 Times in 17,849 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,238 Times in 3,042 Posts
    Blog Entries

It is a witch hunt.

The investigation should be about a Capitol policeman who shot and killed an unarmed AF woman veteran.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Earl For This Post:

Grumpy (12-03-2021)

11. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    It is a witch hunt.

The investigation should be about a Capitol policeman who shot and killed an unarmed AF woman veteran.
    When a black person is killed, all we hear from the left is UNARMED!

A white UNARMED AF woman and a veteran...crickets.
    Last edited by Earl; 12-03-2021 at 06:45 AM.

12. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

If Trump was really a good person nobody would be attacking him.

There would be no unjustified investigations.

The world does not attack truly good people.

13. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (12-03-2021)

14. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

OP link:

"New York prosecutors are investigating the former president’s business dealings and recently convened a new grand jury to hear evidence after the previous panel’s term ran out.

The Manhattan district attorney’s office is weighing whether to seek more indictments in the case, which resulted in tax fraud charges in July against Trump’s company, the Trump Organization, and its longtime chief financial officer, Allen Weisselberg. They are accused of cheating tax authorities through lucrative, untaxed fringe benefits.

Weisselberg is due back in court in July 2022."

"“I think it’s pretty clear that our investigation is active and ongoing,” Vance said Tuesday."

15. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (12-03-2021)

16. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Is the investigation of the Capitol policeman who murdered an UNARMED woman AF veteran continuing?

17. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Look at Al Gore.

He is a truly good person.

Why are there no 'witch hunt' investigations into Al Gore?

It is because the world does not attack truly good people.

18. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

Earl (12-03-2021)

19. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

OP link:

"In Atlanta, Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis opened an investigation in January into possible attempts to interfere with the administration of the state’s 2020 election, which Trump narrowly lost.

In letters sent in February to top elected officials in the state — including Gov. Brian Kemp and Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger — Willis instructed them to preserve all records related to the election, particularly those that may contain evidence of attempts to influence election officials.

The investigation includes a Jan. 2 phone call between Trump and Raffensperger in which Trump repeatedly and falsely asserts that the Republican secretary of state could change the certified results of the presidential election. A recording of the call was obtained the next day by multiple news organizations, including The Associated Press.

“I just want to find 11,780 votes, which is one more than we have,” Trump said. “Because we won the state.”

Willis has been relatively tight-lipped about the investigation, but her office has confirmed it is ongoing."

20. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

This is interesting from the OP link:

"Trump is also facing a defamation case brought by columnist E. Jean Carroll, who says Trump raped her in the mid-1990s in an upscale Manhattan department store. Trump has said that Carroll is “totally lying” and that she is “not my type.”"

What the heck does THAT mean?

'Not my type.'

That implies that if a woman is a man's 'type,' then he would be justified in raping her?

"U.S. Justice Department lawyers argued earlier this year that Trump cannot be held personally liable for “crude and disrespectful” remarks he made about a woman who accused him of rape because he made the comments while he was president. The 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals is set to hear oral arguments in the case Friday."

No more presidential immunity from rape or defamation charges.

Rut r'oh.

21. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

This is interesting from the OP link:

"Trump is also facing a defamation case brought by columnist E. Jean Carroll, who says Trump raped her in the mid-1990s in an upscale Manhattan department store. Trump has said that Carroll is “totally lying” and that she is “not my type.”"

What the heck does THAT mean?

'Not my type.'

That implies that if a woman is a man's 'type,' then he would be justified in raping her?

"U.S. Justice Department lawyers argued earlier this year that Trump cannot be held personally liable for “crude and disrespectful” remarks he made about a woman who accused him of rape because he made the comments while he was president. The 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals is set to hear oral arguments in the case Friday."

No more presidential immunity from rape or defamation charges.

Rut r'oh.
    TRUMP, TRUMP, TRUMP!

The left is terrified of TRUMP.

22. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You can fool some of the people all the time but 'some' is not a fixed number.

People are losing confidence in Trump.

After all, he lost the election, and nothing is going to change that.

Who wants to continue to support a crook who is accused of so many crimes?

As soon as it gets to be a fad to walk away from Trump?

They will be leaving him in droves.

After that, only the kooks will remain.