Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Do Conservatives agree we have rights not mentioned in the Constitution?

1. #196 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,966 Times in 32,281 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    We are, that's why the S. Ct. has to do a balancing act. Nothing is black and white, the entire world is grey and judgements have to be made.
    why do you believe balancing acts must tip always in your favor?......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

2. #197 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by zymurgy View Post
    hundreds of thousands of women die in child birth every year. making decisions with your doctor is not murder. quit being a shithead extremist. sick of your kind in these debates
    that simply isn't true......from the CDC........

The death of a woman during pregnancy, at delivery, or soon after delivery is a tragedy for her family and for society as a whole. Sadly, about 700 women die each year in the United States as a result of pregnancy or delivery complications.
    https://www.cdc.gov/reproductiveheal...dmortality.htm

in related information from the CDC around 100-200 women die each year from complications following legal abortions.....

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4554338/

not a significant difference.....
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

3. #198 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    So rightys want us to return to the good old days of back-alley abortions. They want young girls to do self abortions too. Won't that be terrific? It was that way before. Girls would contact a person who promised an abortion. They were robbed, raped and murdered. Some got botched abortions and wound up in an emergency. Some actually got one at great expense.
    You cannot stop desperate girls from having an abortion. You can make them more dangerous.
    Of course, the people with means will send their kid to a place that has safe and legal abortions.
    sure you can.......jail all the illegal abortion providers.......

4. #199 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 9,824 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BidenPresident View Post
    I do not think 9 political appointments to the Supreme Court should be deciding these issues. I am starting to think the Supreme Court should be eliminated.
    you're a fucking idiot.

5. #200 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
    if something is not alive, it has no citizenship status, dildo. that is like saying the kidneys of a woman are the same as that of the mother, until birth. whatever the hell that means. a fetus is not alive until its brain is developed enough for it to be sentient and conscious. an adult is not alive if its brain is not sentient and conscious. you cannot kill something that is not alive.
    I think we are nearing a consensus on at least one issue......non citizens may be killed at will in the US........

6. #201 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
    go back and finish grade school, stupid fuck. a fetus is not alive. moron.
    ignorance is winning........

7. #202 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Its not murder if the embryo is not able to survive without a host, its a parasite.
    most lib'ruls are parasites......lets kill them.....

8. #203 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by zymurgy View Post
    100% are performed under a reasonable concern for life and health problems
    bullshit

9. #204 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,316 Times in 9,824 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Tell that to Truth Detector.
    truth detector, the right to privacy is in the constitution.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Blackwater Lunchbreak For This Post:

AProudLefty (12-03-2021)

11. #205 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    The same could be said about the left. Pretending that it is some perfect decision because it agreed with what you like doesn't change that one or the other side will be disappointed in any decision made.

IMHO we should let science decide. The same way we determine death. Brain activity. As soon as the fetus can wonder what their fingers are for, that is the time that they become a person, just as as soon as you can no longer wonder what your fingers are for you are no longer determined to be alive.
    the problem faced by the Roe v Wade decision is that the standard of 23 weeks was simply an arbitrary standard......by legal definition, any law which is arbitrarily applied is unconstitutional.........the SC is not a substitution for science........I predict the decision of the court will use words similar to that statement somewhere in its text......

12. #206 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BidenPresident View Post
    I do not think 9 political appointments to the Supreme Court should be deciding these issues. I am starting to think the Supreme Court should be eliminated.
    good point......who really needs a check and balance on presidents and Congress......

13. #207 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,581 Times in 9,703 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,312 Times in 1,210 Posts
    Blog Entries

Do you small government types agree we have a right to privacy from the Government regarding our own medical decisions, or does the Government have a right to dictate our medical care if they so choose?

I am not talking about insurance or what they will pay for, I am talking about making decisions with your doctor.

Does the Constitution protect your right to choose Chemotherapy or decline it, or should the government be allowed to outlaw or mandate certain medical and other personal decisions?

What about deciding who you can marry? What about who can use contraception? What about who can have or not have children?

Does the Constitution make us free from government intrusion in our most personal of private decisions about ourselves?
    Yes.

14. #208 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,870 Times in 21,642 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,675 Times in 5,179 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gemini104104 View Post
    RepubliCONs have no concept of abiding by their oaths to defend the U.S. Constitution but engage in a war effort against Democracy and the Constitutional rights of society at doing all they can to wage war against U.S. Constitutional law too, especially when it comes to the right to vote. Also, the right to privacy is not mentioned in the U.S. Constitution but SCOTUS stated that several amendments created that right.

In the United States, the Ninth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution protects against federal infringement of unenumerated rights. The text reads:

The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

The Supreme Court of the United States has also interpreted the Fourteenth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution to protect against state infringement of certain unenumerated rights including, among others, the right to send one's children to private school and the right to marital privacy.

The Supreme Court has found that unenumerated rights include such important rights as the right to travel, the right to vote, and the right to keep personal matters private.[4]"
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unenumerated_rights
    Have you read "The Right to Privacy" by Caroline Kennedy?

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

15. #209 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine View Post
    1. Murder is not legal, the Supreme just didn't have the balls to tell baby killers to pound sand, and invented a right!
    2. Of course you don't, you have no morals!
    3. No it was self defense! Trying to make a comparison of a man coming at you with a knife, with innocent human life, is laughable
    1) Murder is not illegal, but abortion is.
    2) Morals can come from a place other than the Bible, unless you are a total degenerate.
    3) So you are saying it was the LAW that made Rittenhouse not-guilty of murder, even though he killed two people?

44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

16. #210 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    there are rights which are not protected by the constitution.........there are also rights not covered by statutes like the Civil Rights Act......and there are rights which are not protected by anything except your own ability to act.........so in answer to your question, no.....the constitution doe not make us free from government intrusion in matters not covered by the constitution.......but other laws and personal prevention can.......
    Wow, what an odd interpretation, so you do not believe the Supreme Court should protect us from government intrusion on certain rights? The Government can legally try to take those rights unless you stop them without the use of the law?

LOCK HIM UP!