Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Do Conservatives agree we have rights not mentioned in the Constitution?

1. #181 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    We will find out if your pResident makes political appointments to make it reflect his own political image. Once that is done there will be no going back, it will be a simple political tool, no more checks and balance, only another arm of the Executive. I do not believe he will "add seats" in order to make it reflect his political image because I believe that there would be backlash and his handlers know it.
    I think its probably too late for him to get the bench widened.
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

2. #182 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,548 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 215 Times in 201 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    The previous admin basically changed the Supremes to match their political views. Did you miss that? That was the beginning of Fascism and we are trying to fight it off.
    That kind of fool would prefer anything other then the style of government we have, and the ideology of the Founders. To them it is "trump or nothing"
    "2Timothy 3 "But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away"

3. #183 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,386 Times in 3,225 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 189 Times in 178 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    1) Its not murder if its legal.
    2) When deciding what the Government should do, I do not give a SHIT what the bible says.
    3) Was it murder when Rittenhouse killed two people?
    1. Murder is not legal, the Supreme just didn't have the balls to tell baby killers to pound sand, and invented a right!
    2. Of course you don't, you have no morals!
    3. No it was self defense! Trying to make a comparison of a man coming at you with a knife, with innocent human life, is laughable

4. #184 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by BidenPresident View Post
    I do not think 9 political appointments to the Supreme Court should be deciding these issues. I am starting to think the Supreme Court should be eliminated.
    Unless it's in your favor, you are absolutely transparent in your seeking of more power!

5. #185 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by zymurgy View Post
    I don't have to wait for it to become a medical emergency

that' s like saying I have to be stabbed before I can claim self defense. a reasonable fear of being stabbed is all I need - and you know it
    Claiming a man with a knife, and an innocent Baby are the same, is beyond ridiculous, and you know it!

6. #186 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,785 Times in 32,151 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Do you small government types agree we have a right to privacy from the Government regarding our own medical decisions, or does the Government have a right to dictate our medical care if they so choose?

I am not talking about insurance or what they will pay for, I am talking about making decisions with your doctor.

Does the Constitution protect your right to choose Chemotherapy or decline it, or should the government be allowed to outlaw or mandate certain medical and other personal decisions?

What about deciding who you can marry? What about who can use contraception? What about who can have or not have children?

Does the Constitution make us free from government intrusion in our most personal of private decisions about ourselves?
    there are rights which are not protected by the constitution.........there are also rights not covered by statutes like the Civil Rights Act......and there are rights which are not protected by anything except your own ability to act.........so in answer to your question, no.....the constitution doe not make us free from government intrusion in matters not covered by the constitution.......but other laws and personal prevention can.......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

7. #187 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Thank you, so you see that R v. W is a situation where we are forced to balance two conflicting rights? !
    of course its a balance between two conflicting rights.......what is unbelievable is that the rights of the unborn child to live didn't win........
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

8. #188 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Jarod,

An individual's freedom should extend no further than the point at which it begins to affect others.

If that line is crossed, then that is crossing the line.
    agreed.....letting someone kill someone else at whim, crosses the line.....

9. #189 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I agree, and at what point do the rights of the pregnant woman outweigh the rights of the embryo or fetus?
    privacy versus life?.......never........life versus life, sure......

10. #190 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

So you call it murder, but others do not. The law does not, not even the Texas law.
    So your argument then is that we do have a right to privacy in the Constitution, but that right is limited?
    of course, every right has limits......tell me one that isn't.....

11. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Jarod (12-03-2021)

12. #191 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Jarod,

I do not believe a fetus has any rights. A fetus is not a person.

-raises shields-
    and yet that is an arbitrary, anti-science decision........

13. #192 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Poor Richard Saunders View Post
    And the government can't legislate that a woman has to die if she carries a fetus that will kill her? Or is it not murder if it's a conservative government killing people?
    as I said, life versus life.......the issue of disagreement is privacy versus life.....

14. #193 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

And who pays for all the prenatal care as the woman carries the child for 9 months? Who pays for her time off from work?

Carrying and giving birth to a child is not the same thing as going out for pizza.
    1) insurance companies.....2) adoptive parents generally are willing to do that.......

15. #194 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

So a woman can simply demand that her fetus be deported. And the government can't deport her if she is a citizen.

It seems to be a quandary as to how that will happen. But then conservatives don't really care about the law as we have seen repeatedly.
    there are no wheels on your strawman.......

16. #195 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

They are here but did not enter through a port
    every unborn child got to the womb through a "port".....