Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Will the death of R v W kill the Republicans chances?

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,617 Times in 21,480 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,632 Times in 5,140 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Will the death of R v W kill the Republicans chances?

If the supreme court overturns row versus Wade, the Democrats and liberals and independence will be fired up for the midterms. I think Mitch McConnell is quaking in his boots in fear that he will never again be majority leader. I suspect the court is going to come down with a split decision simply limiting Roe, not killing it, but we will see.

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

2. The Following User Groans At Jarod For This Awful Post:

Earl (12-02-2021)

3. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jarod For This Post:

AProudLefty (12-02-2021), evince (12-03-2021), martin (12-02-2021), PoliTalker (12-02-2021), signalmankenneth (12-02-2021), ThatOwlWoman (12-02-2021)

4. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,386 Times in 3,225 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 189 Times in 178 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    If the supreme court overturns row versus Wade, the Democrats and liberals and independence will be fired up for the midterms. I think Mitch McConnell is quaking in his boots in fear that he will never again be majority leader. I suspect the court is going to come down with a split decision simply limiting Roe, not killing it, but we will see.
    It's about right and wrong, it's right to kill RoeVWade, it is not constitutional as it has been described. It does not permit for equal protection, it is a fabricated right! Politics be damned, God will allow whom he wants to be in charge of the government, according to his plan, and his will!

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wolverine For This Post:

Earl (12-02-2021), Stringfellow Hawk (12-02-2021), Truth Detector (12-03-2021)

6. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,785 Times in 32,151 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

do you think Mississippi will go blue?........meanwhile, if you want to kill your unborn children you can always go to California........I believe they have a right to abort in their constitution......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Earl (12-02-2021), Truth Detector (12-03-2021)

8. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,917 Times in 1,477 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 77 Times in 75 Posts
    Blog Entries

ANOTHER WORTHLESS WHAT IF THREAD

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Grumpy For This Post:

Earl (12-02-2021), Truth Detector (12-03-2021)

10. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,568 Times in 17,849 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,238 Times in 3,042 Posts
    Blog Entries

So, Democrats and liberals will be fired up if they can not murder babies.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Earl For This Post:

Truth Detector (12-03-2021)

12. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 96 Times in 88 Posts
    Blog Entries

In a very sharp and clear way, this could be a good thing for democrat voters and here's why....the SC wants states to decide on a woman's right to choose....the same very states, these lame duck sorry negro's and white trash cans ignore when its time to vote locally...what better way to get these lot of creatures off the couch, out of their trailers than to vote for something that is fundamentally their right? They took away their votes, stripped em of all the social safety nets dem's provided, said the hell with mask and clean water etc etc etc and still got elected to office now this....if they chose once again to look the other way and let the GOP in charge, I say the hell with em all and fuck em.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tigerred59 For This Post:

domer76 (12-02-2021), NiftyNiblick (12-02-2021)

14. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,762 Times in 7,265 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,060 Times in 1,005 Posts

Women will retain their personal rights in civilized states like Massachusetts, New York, and California.
    If they choose to live in Handmaiden states, don't get knocked up if you can't afford a trip for a Blue state abortion.
    You can't afford kids in that circumstance anyway.

I truly loathe the misogyny and theocracy of Red State America, but the women in my life were thankfully never subjected to it.
    Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel. Samuel Johnson, 1775
    Religion....is the opiate of the people. Karl Marx, 1848
    Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose. Kris Kristofferson, 1969

15. The Following User Says Thank You to NiftyNiblick For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (12-02-2021)

16. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,517 Times in 52,735 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

It's been their driving issue now for almost 50 years. A lot of (R) voters, esp. during the #TRE45ON campaigns, focused solely on abortion and swallowed their disgust at the candidate. Take that away and what do they have? Bupkes.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

17. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,517 Times in 52,735 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NiftyNiblick View Post
    Women will retain their personal rights in civilized states like Massachusetts, New York, and California.
    If they choose to live in Handmaiden states, don't get knocked up if you can't afford a trip for a Blue state abortion.
    You can't afford kids in that circumstance anyway.

I truly loathe the misogyny and theocracy of Red State America, but the women in my life were thankfully never subjected to it.
    If the red states, particularly the poorest of them, get into the forced-birth business, they are going to see their poverty rates skyrocket. Then we can watch them beg the rest of us to feed and care for all the extra kids that the parents -- and those states -- can't afford. Wait for it.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

18. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

NiftyNiblick (12-02-2021)

19. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I would love to see an IQ test comparison between "pro-lifers" and "pro-choicers."

Also between fundamentalists and agnostics.

Let's face it--between rank and file Democrats and Republicans,

There are many JPP denizens who would not like to see those results, although I'm certainly not one of them.
    As I said, I'd love to see them.

And quite frankly, I had a pretty good idea how the scores would turn out just from the posting grammar alone--
    before I put most of the pachys on "ignore."

20. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,568 Times in 17,849 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,238 Times in 3,042 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NiftyNiblick View Post
    I would love to see an IQ test comparison between "pro-lifers" and "pro-choicers."

Also between fundamentalists and agnostics.

Let's face it--between rank and file Democrats and Republicans,

There are many JPP denizens who would not like to see those results, although I'm certainly not one of them.
    As I said, I'd love to see them.

And quite frankly, I had a pretty good idea how the scores would turn out just from the posting grammar alone--
    before I put most of the pachys on "ignore."
    “Let's face it--between rank and file Democrats and Republicans,”

You ended a declarative sentence with a comma.

Grammar indeed.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Earl For This Post:

Grumpy (12-02-2021), Truth Detector (12-03-2021)

22. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,173 Times in 10,391 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,876 Times in 4,194 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine View Post
    It's about right and wrong, it's right to kill RoeVWade, it is not constitutional as it has been described. It does not permit for equal protection, it is a fabricated right! Politics be damned, God will allow whom he wants to be in charge of the government, according to his plan, and his will!
    If your god is so fucking in charge of everything, why did he allow RvW in the first place?

23. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by domer76 View Post
    If your god is so fucking in charge of everything, why did he allow RvW in the first place?
    He drinks a lot?

24. The Following User Groans At NiftyNiblick For This Awful Post:

Earl (12-02-2021)

25. The Following User Says Thank You to NiftyNiblick For This Post:

domer76 (12-02-2021)

26. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Jarod,

And the decision will come down just as the midterm campaigns will be heating up.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

27. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,617 Times in 21,480 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,632 Times in 5,140 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine View Post
    You do not believe that Americans have the Constitutional right to privacy from the government when making medical decisions?