Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: WTF!!! Baldwin now says "The trigger wasn't pulled. I didn't pull the trigger"

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,969 Times in 14,556 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 949 Times in 933 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Poor Richard Saunders View Post
    First of all, when filming a western they would be likely to be using the old Colt's and not something manufactured in the last 75 years. So the safety features on the new guns wouldn't be relevant. Secondly, you are assuming the gun wasn't modified in any way. All it would take is 15 minutes with a screwdriver and a file and the hammer pulled back would not engage the trigger so it would not cock. This would allow fanning the gun without having to pull the trigger. A stupid thing to do with a gun people normally use but it might be preferable on a film set for a gun fight scene so you don't have to worry about the actor/stunt person failing to pull the trigger when fanning.

True on this one.
    The article I read said the gun was a modern reproduction.
    That firearm was a F.lli Pietta long Colt 45 revolver," said Sheriff Adan Mendoza, at a news conference on Wednesday.
    Pietta has been making guns since the 70s but hasn't been making Colt 45s expect the last 20 years.
    Last edited by ExpressLane; 12-03-2021 at 10:10 PM.
    IMPEACH 46 FOR TREASON
    Biden/Harris 2024
    IT'S A NO BRAINER!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ExpressLane For This Post:

Earl (12-06-2021)

3. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,989 Times in 3,362 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 637 Times in 605 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    How many single action handguns do you own? Do you own a Colt peacemaker?
    So unless I own a specific gun, I have no clue of the mechanics of how it works or how to modify it? That seems to be your idiotic argument. I guess that would mean you have no clue how to change the brake pads on a Porsche because you don't own one.

Are you arguing that the simple mechanism can't be altered with a file? The simple fact is we don't know the condition of the gun or if it has been modified. I am merely pointing out that it is possible to modify the gun so the trigger doesn't need to be pulled because the notches on the hammer can be filed off.
    "We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."

"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain - and most fools do."

4. #48 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,512 Times in 16,974 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

So unless I own a specific gun, I have no clue of the mechanics of how it works or how to modify it? That seems to be your idiotic argument. I guess that would mean you have no clue how to change the brake pads on a Porsche because you don't own one.

Are you arguing that the simple mechanism can't be altered with a file? The simple fact is we don't know the condition of the gun or if it has been modified. I am merely pointing out that it is possible to modify the gun so the trigger doesn't need to be pulled because the notches on the hammer can be filed off.
    Yes. That is what I am saying. Oh, and my friend has a GT4.

Notches on the hammer? What "notches"? See above.
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

5. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,569 Times in 17,095 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

The claim that he did not pull the trigger seems unlikely. It will require an expert to examine the gun and see if it was faulty.

6. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Yes. That is what I am saying. Oh, and my friend has a GT4.

Notches on the hammer? What "notches"? See above.
    I am curious how you think the mechanics work of the trigger holding the hammer from falling until it is pulled. If you do understand the mechanics then you would know how easy it is to defeat them with a file.

7. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I am curious how you think the mechanics work of the trigger holding the hammer from falling until it is pulled. If you do understand the mechanics then you would know how easy it is to defeat them with a file.
    The same mechanism that releases the hammer also rotates the cylinder. If you file that, the cylinder will not lock in place. Basically, it is then just a non-functioning paperweight.
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to RB 60 For This Post:

Earl (12-06-2021)

9. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

The same mechanism that releases the hammer also rotates the cylinder. If you file that, the cylinder will not lock in place. Basically, it is then just a non-functioning paperweight.
    Correct. Poor Richard talks out his ass about everything.

10. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

OK. I am curious how you think the hammer is held in place by the trigger when cocked.

Do you see the notches on the lower part of the hammer? I am curious how a slight modification in the notches will prevent the cylinder from moving since the cylinder is rotated by the hand that connects to the hammer by a pin.

But just for the hell of it, let's rely on the manufacturer for the warnings of what can happen that you claim can never happen.

NEVER perch the gun on the half-cock notch as it may fall and
    discharge, causing damage to property, injury or death. The half

cock position provides only partial security from accidental

discharges. If damaged or modified it provides NO Safety. NEVER
    depend on this device to prevent accidental discharge!
    https://www.traditionsfirearms.com/d...1406058505.pdf

Who could have possibly thought that modifying the notch on the hammer could cause it to fire without pulling the trigger?

11. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    He might have needed it for self-defense.
    obviously, that bitch was pointing a fucking CAMERA at him !
    everyone knows those things steal your soul !
    she had it coming in spades !
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

12. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    Correct. Poor Richard talks out his ass about everything.
    It's not as easy as getting in there and start filing. Many of the internals are case hardened anyway.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RB 60 For This Post:

Earl (12-06-2021), Sailor (12-07-2021)

14. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

OK. I am curious how you think the hammer is held in place by the trigger when cocked.

Do you see the notches on the lower part of the hammer? I am curious how a slight modification in the notches will prevent the cylinder from moving since the cylinder is rotated by the hand that connects to the hammer by a pin.

But just for the hell of it, let's rely on the manufacturer for the warnings of what can happen that you claim can never happen.

Who could have possibly thought that modifying the notch on the hammer could cause it to fire without pulling the trigger?
    That is the typical ORIGINAL Colt Peacemaker hammer. Pietta doesn't use them. No one does.
    On my Peacemaker (with the above pictured hammer), when the trigger is released, it retracts and locks the hammer back.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to RB 60 For This Post:

Earl (12-06-2021)

16. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,628 Times in 21,489 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,632 Times in 5,140 Posts
    Blog Entries

WHy do you guys care so much about Hollywood actors? Who gives a shit about these dumbshits?

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

17. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Do you know how to read a drawing? Look up Pietta's Single Six (it's similar to the .45) schematic and you'll see there's a lot more internal parts than you list above, just as the original Colt Peacemakers had.

18. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,531 Times in 10,535 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

He's still trying to figure out a way where the gun being in your hands doesn't mean you are responsible. They know that someone will be charged for her death, and Alec is just trying to pretend it couldn't possibly be his responsibility.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Damocles For This Post:

Earl (12-06-2021)

20. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,568 Times in 17,849 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,238 Times in 3,042 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    He's still trying to figure out a way where the gun being in your hands doesn't mean you are responsible. They know that someone will be charged for her death, and Alec is just trying to pretend it couldn't possibly be his responsibility.
    His "infomercial" was accompanied by soft background music.

I wonder how long he practiced his lines.

He held that gun that was pointed at the victim who died.

The man who spent a great deal of his life trying to prevent lawful American citizens who never used their guns to commit a crime, from owning a gun to protect their families and themselves, has killed a woman...with a gun...a crime.