Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Shocking, the infotainment cable networks actually did something credible today,

1. #61 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,454 Times in 9,909 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 867 Times in 825 Posts

Libtards ripping each other apart. It never fails. All we have to do is not engage them and after a short while they turn on each other because it is what they are used to doing. Without it they become bored. Ahhhhhhhh,...I just love the smell of burnt Libtard in the evening. Goes well with a nice blood red wine. CHEERS!

2. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,660 Times in 4,439 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 184 Times in 180 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Geeko Sportivo View Post

This will be referred back to Congress by the Supreme Court.

The Supreme Court Justices do not want to try and legislate this! They will make Congress do it's job!
    Refer it back to Congress for what purpose? It was not based on federal legislation.

3. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You never modify the Constitution- the proper term is AMEND- WE AMEND THE CONSTITUTION here in the USA!
    The courts change the meaning of the Constitution all the time without amending it.

4. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You are referring to the other option for amendment- by CONSTITUTIONAL CONVENTION- where if 3/4th of the states legislators want an amendment- they do not need Congressional approval at all for it to become an AMENDMENT TO THE CONSTITUTION.

As I noted previously, in all 27 Amendments so far, none were by CONSTITUTIONAL CONVENTION and totally carried through and brought about by Congress and Congress alone!
    There are two ways to propose amendments and two ways to ratify amendments. Ratification is a function of the states. All amendments have been proposed by a 2/3 vote of Congress but one was ratified by a convention held in the states (to repeal prohibition).

5. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,178 Times in 7,089 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,196 Times in 1,111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    Refer it back to Congress for what purpose? It was not based on federal legislation.
    I never said abortion issues were based on federal legislation. Why do people try to put words in my mouth?

Anytime legislation is required to legalize something or make it illegal- it must be referred to congress!

Congress legislates- THE SUPREME COURT DOES NOT! Based on Legislation, abortions are neither legal or illegal- because THE ISSUE HAS NEVER BEEN LEGISLATED THROUGH CONGRESS to either make it FEDERALLY legal or illegal.

SO THAT IS WHY I SAID THE SUPREME COURT WOULD REFER THE ABORTION ISSUE TO CONGRESS.

I am not sure why my words are confusing anyone!
    Last edited by Geeko Sportivo; 12-06-2021 at 12:04 PM.

6. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I never said abortion issues were based on federal legislation. Why do people try to put words in my mouth?

Anytime legislation is required to legalize something or make it illegal- it must be referred to congress!

Congress legislates- THE SUPREME COURT DOES NOT! Based on Legislation, abortions are neither legal or illegal- because THE ISSUE HAS NEVER BEEN LEGISLATED THROUGH CONGRESS to either make it FEDERALLY legal or illegal.

SO THAT IS WHY I SAID THE SUPREME COURT WOULD REFER THE ABORTION ISSUE TO CONGRESS.

I am not sure why my words are confusing anyone!

Congress cannot legalize something the Supreme Court ruled is unconstitutional. If states do not have the constitutional power to prohibit abortion the first and second trimesters Congress cannot give them the legal power to do so. So, I don't understand your statement that the SC would refer the case to Congress.