Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Shocking, the infotainment cable networks actually did something credible today,

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,178 Times in 7,089 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,196 Times in 1,111 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel View Post
    Congress can't modify the Constitution.
    You never modify the Constitution- the proper term is AMEND- WE AMEND THE CONSTITUTION here in the USA!

2. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

It doesn't matter what most Americans think. Justice cannot be decided by majority rule. Fundamental truths have to be true even when humans are stupid.

That a woman, and a man, have a right to control their own bodies and make their own medical decisions is a fundamental truth.
    I'm really not trying to conflict with what you are trying to say!

But, if we are to be a Democratic country as we claim to be- then a majority will always decide every law- AND ELECTION! That is all I am trying to say here friend!

If it is not that way- THAT IS THE WAY A MAJORITY OF AMERICANS WANT IT TO BE!

TRUMPTARDS? Which are a minority- NOT SO MUCH!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Geeko Sportivo For This Post:

Diesel (12-02-2021)

4. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,674 Times in 14,047 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Jefferson was a strict constructionist, and his party was the Democrat Republican, so I don’t know where you got him as the founder of the Democrat Party, and the Federalists, as shown in Hamilton, were the exact opposite. Have no idea where you came up with the notion any of them opposed a written constitution, which by the way, the British don’t have but seem to be functioning fine as a Democratic Gov’t
    Have you ever heard of Jefferson-Jackson Dinners? Also, there's a pair of biographies entitled Grand Old Party and Party of the People. Needless to say, the Dems trace themselves back to Jefferson. Which makes sense, because the true origin of the party was the founding of Tammany Hall in 1798 by Aaron Burr. Progressives fail to understand that the FP was the conservative party and the DRP was the liberal party. Ideology and leftism were just starting to be pioneered at that time, and would come to dominate late modernity and postmodernity.

Adams believed written constitutions were necessary to avoid the tyranny of the British model. He called upon the states to draft their own, and personally wrote the Massachusetts version. His major work of three volumes is on the constitutions of government in the US, and not on the singular national document.

5. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,786 Times in 32,152 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Geeko Sportivo View Post
    YOU CAN KEEP THE GUILT TRIP!
    !
    dude I will paint you with that brush for the rest of your baby killing life.....
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

6. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,786 Times in 32,152 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Let me just remind you- YOU LIVE IN THE UNITED STATES- !
    I don't need a reminder of that.......just keep your country fucking hands off where I live ......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

7. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,041 Times in 13,848 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,042 Times in 2,838 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gin Saké View Post
    Have you ever heard of Jefferson-Jackson Dinners? Also, there's a pair of biographies entitled Grand Old Party and Party of the People. Needless to say, the Dems trace themselves back to Jefferson. Which makes sense, because the true origin of the party was the founding of Tammany Hall in 1798 by Aaron Burr. Progressives fail to understand that the FP was the conservative party and the DRP was the liberal party. Ideology and leftism were just starting to be pioneered at that time, and would come to dominate late modernity and postmodernity.

Adams believed written constitutions were necessary to avoid the tyranny of the British model. He called upon the states to draft their own, and personally wrote the Massachusetts version. His major work of three volumes is on the constitutions of government in the US, and not on the singular national document.
    No, and why would some dinner somewhere indicate anything, plus two individual books hardly define anything other than what the authors of those two books was trying to define, and now you got Tammany Hall and Jefferson representing the same thing?

And lets look at the Federalist Party, adamant advocates of a strong Federal Gov't and centralized power, geographically based in the NorthEast, plus loose constructionists, and you are selling that represents conservatism? You aren't going to tell us next the Radical Republicans and Lincoln were also conservative are you?

8. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,815 Times in 3,615 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 367 Times in 352 Posts

It can't survive for one minute with them.
    It can and it does. You're stupid.

9. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You never modify the Constitution- the proper term is AMEND- WE AMEND THE CONSTITUTION here in the USA!
    Congress can't amend the Constitution either.

10. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    No, and why would some dinner somewhere indicate anything, plus two individual books hardly define anything other than what the authors of those two books was trying to define, and now you got Tammany Hall and Jefferson representing the same thing?

And lets look at the Federalist Party, adamant advocates of a strong Federal Gov't and centralized power, geographically based in the NorthEast, plus loose constructionists, and you are selling that represents conservatism? You aren't going to tell us next the Radical Republicans and Lincoln were also conservative are you?
    They were annual Democratic Party events until last year, when both presidents were cancelled. The GOP has its own version, which is Lincoln Day dinners. The books reflect a general consensus of the historical-political establishment in this country. I cited them because they focus exclusively on the topic at hand.

A lot of people confuse the libertarian and neoconservative orthodoxy of the past 30 years within the GOP for "conservatism." An Adams, Lincoln, Taft (father and son), Kirk, or Buckley would have no problem wielding power against the left.

11. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Congress can't amend the Constitution either.
    Please stop arguing for argument's sake!

The Constitution provides that an amendment may be proposed either by the Congress with a two-thirds majority vote in both the House of Representatives and the Senate or by a constitutional convention called for by two-thirds of the State legislatures. None of the 27 amendments to the Constitution have been proposed by constitutional convention. The Congress proposes an amendment in the form of a joint resolution. Since the President does not have a constitutional role in the amendment process, the joint resolution does not go to the White House for signature or approval. The original document is forwarded directly to NARA's Office of the Federal Register (OFR) for processing and publication. The OFR adds legislative history notes to the joint resolution and publishes it in slip law format. The OFR also assembles an information package for the States which includes formal "red-line" copies of the joint resolution, copies of the joint resolution in slip law format, and the statutory procedure for ratification under 1 U.S.C. 106b.

Now granted, the days of a 2/3rd's vote happening in Congress are seemingly impossible these days- the rule is still there!

But yes, Congress can amend the Constitution and has done it 27 times!

12. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Please stop arguing for argument's sake!

The Constitution provides that an amendment may be proposed either by the Congress with a two-thirds majority vote in both the House of Representatives and the Senate or by a constitutional convention called for by two-thirds of the State legislatures. None of the 27 amendments to the Constitution have been proposed by constitutional convention. The Congress proposes an amendment in the form of a joint resolution. Since the President does not have a constitutional role in the amendment process, the joint resolution does not go to the White House for signature or approval. The original document is forwarded directly to NARA's Office of the Federal Register (OFR) for processing and publication. The OFR adds legislative history notes to the joint resolution and publishes it in slip law format. The OFR also assembles an information package for the States which includes formal "red-line" copies of the joint resolution, copies of the joint resolution in slip law format, and the statutory procedure for ratification under 1 U.S.C. 106b.

Now granted, the days of a 2/3rd's vote happening in Congress are seemingly impossible these days- the rule is still there!

But yes, Congress can amend the Constitution and has done it 27 times!
    That's not what I'm doing. I'm trying to correct you because I want your good opinions to be backed up by facts.

After 2/3s of Congress approve a constitutional amendment it still has to be ratified by 3/4s of the states. Congress cannot amend the Constitution.

13. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

That's not what I'm doing. I'm trying to correct you because I want your good opinions to be backed up by facts.

After 2/3s of Congress approve a constitutional amendment it still has to be ratified by 3/4s of the states. Congress cannot amend the Constitution.
    You are referring to the other option for amendment- by CONSTITUTIONAL CONVENTION- where if 3/4th of the states legislators want an amendment- they do not need Congressional approval at all for it to become an AMENDMENT TO THE CONSTITUTION.

As I noted previously, in all 27 Amendments so far, none were by CONSTITUTIONAL CONVENTION and totally carried through and brought about by Congress and Congress alone!

14. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You are referring to the other option for amendment- by CONSTITUTIONAL CONVENTION- where if 3/4th of the states legislators want an amendment- they do not need Congressional approval at all for it to become an AMENDMENT TO THE CONSTITUTION.

As I noted previously, in all 27 Amendments so far, none were by CONSTITUTIONAL CONVENTION and totally carried through and brought about by Congress and Congress alone!
    NO. Now your ignorance is starting to annoy me. Get a fourth grade education about the Constitution.

Congress may submit a proposed constitutional amendment to the states, if the proposed amendment language is approved by a two-thirds vote of both houses.
    Congress must call a convention for proposing amendments upon application of the legislatures of two-thirds of the states (i.e., 34 of 50 states).
    Amendments proposed by Congress or convention become valid only when ratified by the legislatures of, or conventions in, three-fourths of the states (i.e., 38 of 50 states).

https://www.ncsl.org/research/about-...stitution.aspx

2/3s of both houses of Congress or 2/3s of the state legislatures can propose constitutional amendments. Then 3/4s of the states have to approve that amendment.

GET AN EDUCATION. CONGRESS CANNOT AMEND THE CONSTITUTION.

Jesus fucking christ.

15. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

NO. Now your ignorance is starting to annoy me. Get a fourth grade education about the Constitution.

Congress may submit a proposed constitutional amendment to the states, if the proposed amendment language is approved by a two-thirds vote of both houses.
    Congress must call a convention for proposing amendments upon application of the legislatures of two-thirds of the states (i.e., 34 of 50 states).
    Amendments proposed by Congress or convention become valid only when ratified by the legislatures of, or conventions in, three-fourths of the states (i.e., 38 of 50 states).

https://www.ncsl.org/research/about-...stitution.aspx

2/3s of both houses of Congress or 2/3s of the state legislatures can propose constitutional amendments. Then 3/4s of the states have to approve that amendment.

GET AN EDUCATION. CONGRESS CANNOT AMEND THE CONSTITUTION.

Jesus fucking christ.
    Learn to read. Then read Article V.

16. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Learn to read. Then read Article V.
    Jesus butt fucking christ. You're dumber than Geeko. Why don't you read Article V and get back to me? You both proved my point several times and still argue with yourselves. Fucking morons.