Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Detroit's superintendent of schools admits they use CRT

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,264 Times in 13,400 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 840 Times in 799 Posts

Default Detroit's superintendent of schools admits they use CRT

Yep, Nikolai Vitti superintendent of Detroit's school system says it is "Deeply using critical race theory."

Detroit public schools are “deeply using critical race theory (CRT),” and school administrators are relying on Democrat Gov. Gretchen Whitmer to veto a bill that would ban them from continuing to use it, according to Detroit’s top education official.

Nikolai Vitti, superintendent of Detroit Public Schools Community District (DPSCD), the largest public school district in Michigan, touted that CRT was a part of Detroit’s social studies, English, and language arts curriculums as he spoke during a regular school board meeting this month.

“Our curriculum is deeply using critical race theory, especially in social studies, but you’ll find it in English, language arts, and the other disciplines,” Vitti said on November 9. “We’re very intentional about creating a curriculum, infusing materials, and embedding critical race theory within our curriculum.”
    https://www.educationviews.org/detro...l-race-theory/

Yet, Democrat politicians in Michigan continue to deny what Vitti said is true:

State Rep. Laurie Pohutsky (D-Livonia), who represents an area in Metro Detroit, said last week in a livestream on social media about H.B. 5097, “I want to be very, very clear. CRT is not taught in any of our K–12 schools.”
    Seems somebody's lying and in this case, I bet it isn't the superintendent of schools...

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to T. A. Gardner For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (12-01-2021), Matt Dillon (12-01-2021), TOP (12-01-2021)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

What? Not a single Leftist here, many of whom for weeks have been telling us that there's no proof that CRT is being taught or used in any public schools, is willing to defend that position now?

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,460 Times in 7,746 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 503 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    What? Not a single Leftist here, many of whom for weeks have been telling us that there's no proof that CRT is being taught or used in any public schools, is willing to defend that position now?

None of them. They will scurry like the cockroaches they are.

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Dillon View Post
    I knew that, but it's very cathartic to point it out.

6. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,784 Times in 17,103 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,343 Times in 2,262 Posts
    Blog Entries

So where's the curriculum? Lesson plans?

7. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Dillon View Post
    And yet here I am!

8. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,041 Times in 8,401 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 595 Times in 591 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    And yet here I am!
    The only not bright enough to realize the retard admitted to teaching CRT which you retarded cunts have repeatedly said is not being taught. The other leftist dingbats have enough sense to avoid the thread but apparently you arent so burdened.

9. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,460 Times in 7,746 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 503 Posts

I knew that, but it's very cathartic to point it out.

Tact isn't my strong suit.

The Detroit school system is incredibly corrupt and a failure.

They brought in a comptroller to try and fix things a few years back, but it was so bad she gave up.

There's a documentary about it someplace on YouTube. Mind-boggling corruption, and it's the kids that suffer.

10. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

So where's the curriculum? Lesson plans?
    This is a classic Trivial objections fallacy. When a position is difficult to refute, the rebuttal becomes one of demands for ever more proof no matter how minute it may be.

It is a form of red herring response meant to distract from the original position.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to T. A. Gardner For This Post:

Matt Dillon (12-01-2021)

12. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yakuda View Post
    The only not bright enough to realize the retard admitted to teaching CRT which you retarded cunts have repeatedly said is not being taught. The other leftist dingbats have enough sense to avoid the thread but apparently you arent so burdened.
    So it should be easy to link us to the curriculum, no? Any kind of lesson plans? Anything? Were the teachers interviewed? Students?

13. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

This is a classic Trivial objections fallacy. When a position is difficult to refute, the rebuttal becomes one of demands for ever more proof no matter how minute it may be.

It is a form of red herring response meant to distract from the original position.
    Your deflection is noted.

14. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,041 Times in 8,401 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 595 Times in 591 Posts
    Blog Entries

So it should be easy to link us to the curriculum, no? Any kind of lesson plans? Anything? Were the teachers interviewed? Students?
    Go look it up. I'm not your fucking secretary. And before you start pissing and moaning I didn't make the claim the retarded leftist superintendent of Detroit "schools" (imagine how fucking pathetic those are) said it not me.

15. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Of course, Detroit is hardly alone. Here's some more examples of it being used in K - 12 schools elsewhere:

A Philadelphia elementary school recently forced fifth-grade students to celebrate “black communism” and simulate a Black Power rally in honor of political radical Angela Davis.

According to whistleblower documents and a source within the school, a fifth-grade teacher at the inner-city William D. Kelley School designed a social studies curriculum to celebrate Davis, praising the “black communist” for her fight against “injustice and inequality.” As part of the lesson, the teacher asked students to “describe Davis’ early life,” reflect on her vision of social change, and “define communist”—presumably in favorable terms.

Unfortunately, the programs at William Kelley are no aberration. In recent years, the entire Philadelphia public school system has embraced the philosophy of “antiracism.” Last summer, the superintendent released an Antiracism Declaration promising to “[dismantle] systems of racial inequity” and circulated a memo recommending racially segregated training programs for white and black educators.
    https://www.city-journal.org/philade...it_nosession=1

The Office of Culturally and Linguistically Responsive Initiatives in Buffalo, New York, announced a new curriculum for fifth-grade students last July centered on Black Lives Matter. The lessons include learning the Black Lives Matter "declaration on Black Villages."

"We are committed to disrupting the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and 'villages' that collectively care for one another, and especially 'our' children to the degree that mothers, parents and children are comfortable," the lesson read.

One of the core tenants of Black Lives Matter had long been rebuking the "Western-prescribed nuclear family structure." After much criticism, the organization took that goal off its website .
    https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...ory-in-schools

Decentering Whiteness at Home and in Your Family
    As the parent of three children (ages 8, 7, and 3), I’ve been thinking a lot about how our family is dominated by and/or perpetuates the values of white culture, and how I might replace our center with multiracial values. By saying that whiteness is “at the center” of American society is to say that access to power, control of resources, and the ability to enforce cultural values and policies disproportionately belongs to white people. After reading Decentering Whiteness by Jeff Hitchcock and Charley Flint, here is a sampling of four practices that have helped move my family and me closer to this shift:
    https://blogs.shipleyschool.org/dece...in-your-family

Las Vegas charter school sued for curriculum covering race, identity
    https://www.nevadacurrent.com/2021/0...race-identity/

16. The Following User Says Thank You to T. A. Gardner For This Post:

Matt Dillon (12-01-2021)

17. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yakuda View Post
    Go look it up. I'm not your fucking secretary. And before you start pissing and moaning I didn't make the claim the retarded leftist superintendent of Detroit "schools" (imagine how fucking pathetic those are) said it not me.
    I know, Dumbo.

So what are they teaching, exactly? All he said that the schools were using CRT, whatever that means. There is no explanation.

18. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,224 Times in 1,063 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 185 Times in 180 Posts

Its all a conspiracy I tellz ya.