Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Power the WORLD with solar panels.

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,918 Times in 13,188 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 832 Times in 791 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by antiall View Post
    I have heard people say that solar panels cause heating and others say that it causes cooling. It doesn't make that much of a difference. The sun will heat up anything it hits. So why not solar panels. As for costing more than nuclear, I don't know. But I do know that nuclear sucks. Just ask anybody in Japan. Nuclear power isn't free either. But the electricity that comes from sunlight is. As for a solar panel company being hit with an environmental violation, what could they have done. Dump used solar panels illegally? Tell me the story.
    This isn't true either. The albedo of solar panels is different from say, a white roof. Urban heat island effect in bigger cities can be up to 30 F + and keep overnight temperatures 10 to 20 F hotter than in undeveloped areas nearby.

Nuclear is about 20 to 30 times more efficient than solar and the cost is far lower. You think "nuclear sucks" only because you know NOTHING about it other than it's "nuclear." Electricity from sunlight isn't free either. Solar panels cost money. Inverters to make it into AC power cost money. Solar panels don't last forever. Most last only 20 to 25 years.

As for Solana's fine, read that for yourself. I'm not doing your homework.

https://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/news...ntinue-8693310
    https://www.azcentral.com/story/mone...ines/91135450/

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 8 Times in 3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    This isn't true either. The albedo of solar panels is different from say, a white roof. Urban heat island effect in bigger cities can be up to 30 F + and keep overnight temperatures 10 to 20 F hotter than in undeveloped areas nearby.

Nuclear is about 20 to 30 times more efficient than solar and the cost is far lower. You think "nuclear sucks" only because you know NOTHING about it other than it's "nuclear." Electricity from sunlight isn't free either. Solar panels cost money. Inverters to make it into AC power cost money. Solar panels don't last forever. Most last only 20 to 25 years.

As for Solana's fine, read that for yourself. I'm not doing your homework.

https://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/news...ntinue-8693310
    https://www.azcentral.com/story/mone...ines/91135450/

I don't see many white roofs. So what's the difference. Also, for whatever you have covering your solar panels, glass or plastic, just tint it white. It won't effect the sunlight getting through much at all. It would only cause the light going through to be diffused to some degree. Next, did you hear me say anything about nuclear power that wasn't true? So don't tell me what I know or don't know on the matter. As for any environmental fines that some solar company got, I don't need any big song or dance. Just tell me what pollution they caused to get them fined.