Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Students at AZ State Univ. demand Rittenhouse be EXPELLED.

1. #91 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,304 Times in 13,425 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 843 Times in 802 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RyszardKuklinski View Post
    For some Chicanos, Aztlan refers to the Mexican territories annexed by the United States as a result of the Mexican–American War of 1846–1848. Aztlán became a symbol for mestizo activists who believe they have a legal and primordial right to the land. In order to exercise this right, some members of the Chicano movement propose that a new nation be created, a República del Norte.[12]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aztl%C3%A1n
    MEChA repeatedly states that Atzlan is Por la Raza. That is "For our race." Laced through all their stuff is the idea that for la raza everything, for anyone else, nothing. They see themselves in a struggle for liberation of Atzlan.

Of course, Mexican claims over the Southwest US (what it is today) are tenuous at best. In Arizona, the furthest north that there was any official Mexican presence was at the presidio of Tucson, an adobe fort with at most a couple dozen troops and government officials. The Gadsen purchase is also problematic as Mexico sold that to the US in a straight up real estate deal.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to T. A. Gardner For This Post:

BattleofHodow (11-29-2021)

3. #92 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,068 Times in 3,418 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 643 Times in 611 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    not at all......I merely pointed out that you interpreted the statute wrong, probably intentionally........there is no question that murder is a subcategory of homicide.......but you are pretending that homicide is a subcategory of murder.........it is proper to call a murderer a murderer........it is not proper to call someone who isn't a murderer a murderer.....
    To call someone that committed a homicide a murderer doesn't rise to the level of defamation since the distinction you are making is not one that would be considered by the average person. An average person would call someone that committed 3rd degree manslaughter a murderer. Under your interpretation anyone that is not convicted of felony murder could sue anyone that called them a murderer. I doubt any court would agree with you.
    "We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."

"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain - and most fools do."

4. #93 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,616 Times in 9,137 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,428 Times in 1,257 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Text Drivers are Killers View Post
    They call him a murderer which makes it look like they want to be sued!!
    I hope the school concurs with the students?!! No one wants a murder in class with them?!! Kyle would be too much of a distraction in classes and on campus too?!! I recommend Bob Jones or Liberty university?!! It's a shame Trump University is no longer around?!!

5. #94 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by stupidmankenneth View Post
    No one wants a murder in class with them?!!

6. #95 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Poor Excuse for a Human View Post
    To call someone that committed a homicide a murderer doesn't rise to the level of defamation since the distinction you are making is not one that would be considered by the average person. An average person would call someone that committed 3rd degree manslaughter a murderer.
    Is that so?

7. #96 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,761 Times in 4,510 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 185 Times in 181 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Poor Richard Saunders View Post
    All you people that keep claiming Rittenhouse can sue people for expressing their opinion after he killed people don't seem to understand how suits work. Rittenhouse has to prove financial damages of some sort. I guess the first thing any such suit would do is request the financials of everyone that collected donations for Rittenhouse. Then the suit would get thrown out because Rittenhouse's actions did not financially harm him nor did any of the comments about his guilt harm him.
    And it has to be false.

8. #97 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by stupidmankenneth View Post
    I hope the school concurs with the students?!!
    I suspect Mr. Rittenhouse's legal advisers are hoping the same thing.

9. #98 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,068 Times in 3,418 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 643 Times in 611 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    Is that so?
    The only thing that's sew is the buttons on your underwear.
    "We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."

"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain - and most fools do."

10. #99 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,976 Times in 32,291 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

To call someone that committed a homicide a murderer doesn't rise to the level of defamation .
    okay.....then calling someone a pedophile is no worse than saying he has sex.......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

11. #100 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

All you people that keep claiming Rittenhouse can sue people for expressing their opinion after he killed people don't seem to understand how suits work. Rittenhouse has to prove financial damages of some sort. I guess the first thing any such suit would do is request the financials of everyone that collected donations for Rittenhouse. Then the suit would get thrown out because Rittenhouse's actions did not financially harm him nor did any of the comments about his guilt harm him.
    Since my learned opponent still appears to be slow on the uptake, I'll repeat my former statement.

A slander per se claim does not require that the plaintiff prove special damages.

This is because slander per se claims involve categories of defamatory statements that are presumed to be damaging to the plaintiff.

While the categories may change a little from state to state, and evolve over the years, one of the most common slander per se categories is imputing criminal conduct to the plaintiff.

If the defamatory statement falls into the category of libel, the plaintiff only needs to prove the essential elements, i.e. 1) the defendant published a defamatory statement about the plaintiff and 2) other people were exposed to the statement.

There are no additional requirements because the law presumes that once the publication of a defamatory statement has been made in written or other formats, the statement will remain in the public sphere for a long time and continue to do harm.

Once the plaintiff has successfully proved defamation, "general damages" are presumed.

The plaintiff is not simply limited to damages reflecting his or her economic losses, but the mental anguish and other emotional distress that the law presumes to result from having your reputation harmed.

Depending on what the plaintiff proves about the defendant's intentions, and the type of defendant, punitive damages may also be awarded to the plaintiff.

https://www.alllaw.com/articles/nolo/civil-litigation/defamation-libel-slander.html

12. #101 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by signalmankenneth View Post
    [SIZE=3] No one wants a murder in class with them?!!
    here is an example of the class of people who Kyle can sue and win.......unfortunately, singleman kenny is one of those people who has sex......and you know what I mean (wink, wink)......
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

13. #102 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The only thing that's sew is the buttons on your underwear.
    My suspicions that you could not support your ill-advised assertions were well-founded, I see.

14. #103 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Rittenhouse has to prove financial damages of some sort.
    we are already seeing people claim he should be denied a college degree because "he is a murderer".........if a college would be stupid enough to agree, that IS financial damage.......

15. #104 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    if a college would be stupid enough to agree, that IS financial damage.......
    It's also potentially discriminatory and defamatory, isn't it?

16. #105 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,110 Times in 12,635 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,444 Times in 1,388 Posts
    Blog Entries

My understanding is that Rittenhouse was enrolled in an online only program, he was never admitted to campus, but I suppose this is like when those working from home on their computers are forced to get the fake COVID vaccines...truth and logic and reason do not apply.
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!