Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast

Thread: College football conference championships, CFP predictions

1. #181 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 12 Times in 11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    SEC will absorb the State schools in the ACC and the rest of the Big 12, while the Big Ten and PAC 12 combine, two super conferences, which will eventually dwindle down into twelve school each. Problem is they will lose the major TV markets of the East, and with the money involved will be viewed as Triple AAA football
    How many teams are drawing major TV markets of the east now?

2. #182 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

SEC will absorb the State schools in the ACC and the rest of the Big 12, while the Big Ten and PAC 12 combine, two super conferences, which will eventually dwindle down into twelve school each. Problem is they will lose the major TV markets of the East, and with the money involved will be viewed as Triple AAA football
    How many teams are drawing major TV markets of the east now?

3. #183 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Yup. Boosters are going to have a field day. That won’t be a problem for my Buckeyes but it’s going to concentrate talent with the teams willing to spend the most. I definitely see more consolidation in the future. The next one I see is the BIG10 and PAC 12 forming a coalition.
    There's already a PAC 12, Big 10 & ACC alliance created last year

https://www.si.com/college/2021/09/1...all-scheduling

4. The Following User Says Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

Mott the Hoople (01-11-2022)

5. #184 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    I don’t think that’s true in that ratings would decline because Bama is in the NCG. I don’t believe they did last year. You’re right that someone needs to step as long as that doesn’t mean a lowering of academic standards.

Most of the nation doesn’t want to see any preferences towards a particular conference. Particularly after one team in that conference proved superior. Bama was the SEC’s best team this year.

Mott, I had a laugh today thinking about the game and you.

You have often talked about wishing SEC teams would play up north in the winter. Well tonight they do. The only problem is they are BOTH SEC teams and the game is being played in a dome.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to WinterBorn For This Post:

Mott the Hoople (01-12-2022)

7. #185 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,676 Times in 14,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

8. #186 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Congrats to Georgia. Helluva game. Their defense finally lived up to the hype.

9. #187 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,483 Times in 7,579 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 274 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WinterBorn View Post
    Congrats to Georgia. Helluva game. Their defense finally lived up to the hype.
    4th qtr. was the difference. Didn't think the 'Bama D would look winded after 'Bama's O pushing GA around much of the night.
    Great game!
    Hats off to Saban once again, making what would be a 3 loss team w/ any other coach into a solid chance to win it all .

10. #188 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,931 Times in 5,908 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 444 Times in 424 Posts
    Blog Entries

didnt I say 'give to GA now' ?

go Dawgs !
    "Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything." Joseph Stalin
    The USA has lost WWIV to China with no other weapons but China Virus and some cash to buy democrats.

11. #189 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    4th qtr. was the difference. Didn't think the 'Bama D would look winded after 'Bama's O pushing GA around much of the night.
    Great game!
    Hats off to Saban once again, making what would be a 3 loss team w/ any other coach into a solid chance to win it all .
    The Georgia defense finally lived up to the hype. They were solid as hell.

The difference was the loss of our two 1,000 yard receivers. (and 2 best CBs and 3 best RBs)

12. #190 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Did I hear correctly that that was the second worst loss (points differential wise) of the Saban era? That is absolutely unbelievable. The fact they were driving for a potential tie with a minute left and that game is your second worst defeat? Unreal.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

leaningright (01-11-2022), TOP (01-11-2022)

14. #191 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,549 Times in 2,989 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 107 Times in 102 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Did I hear correctly that that was the second worst loss (points differential wise) of the Saban era? That is absolutely unbelievable. The fact they were driving for a potential tie with a minute left and that game is your second worst defeat? Unreal.
    Absolutely unreal. It was an entertaining game. Lots of folks around here claimed they weren't interested but I'm a football fan over here thinking, "how can a football fan not be interested in this game?" I like watching football games. This was a good NC game between the two best teams this year, IMO.

Now I'm ready to see how next year plays out. Looking forward to seeing that playoff expansion down the road that many are fighting against. We'll see. Doesn't matter, I'll continue to watch. As a guy who went to a school and teaches at a school that doesn't have football, football is my favorite spectator sport ... both College and NFL.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to leaningright For This Post:

anonymoose (01-11-2022), TOP (01-11-2022)

16. #192 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,185 Times in 13,935 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,051 Times in 2,846 Posts

Now will Georgia play Jacksonville next?

Watched part of ESPN’s coverage of the game via Georgia radio, now that was entertaining, referees couldn’t do anything correct, anything, even the calls in their favor were just portrayed as make up calls. And with the Georgia quarterback fumble in the fourth quarter they went ballistic.

Next moved on to Jimbo Fisher’s staff doing the commentary, one coach monopolizing the coverage made it tedious, but the zoomed version I liked, could watch the linemen play, end zone seats, plus, no commentary, meaning no superlatives

17. #193 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,549 Times in 2,989 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 107 Times in 102 Posts

Now will Georgia play Jacksonville next?

Watched part of ESPN’s coverage of the game via Georgia radio, now that was entertaining, referees couldn’t do anything correct, anything, even the calls in their favor were just portrayed as make up calls. And with the Georgia quarterback fumble in the fourth quarter they went ballistic.

Next moved on to Jimbo Fisher’s staff doing the commentary, one coach monopolizing the coverage made it tedious, but the zoomed version I liked, could watch the linemen play, end zone seats, plus, no commentary, meaning no superlatives
    I was having trouble with my Hulu Live streaming service so I ended up watching a coverage that just showed the game and the audio was the announcer at the field. It ended up being kind of a fun way to watch it. I didn't have to listen to Herbstreit at all. Just some guys named Anish Shroff and Kelly Stouffer, and they only talked briefly out of commercial breaks.

18. #194 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,185 Times in 13,935 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,051 Times in 2,846 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by leaningright View Post
    I was having trouble with my Hulu Live streaming service so I ended up watching a coverage that just showed the game and the audio was the announcer at the field. It ended up being kind of a fun way to watch it. I didn't have to listen to Herbstreit at all. Just some guys named Anish Shroff and Kelly Stouffer, and they only talked briefly out of commercial breaks.
    I like that, can’t stand commentators in any sport, largely cause they never shut up, if there is silence for a minute, one of them immediately jumps in with useless information, I don’t need to know some particular player’s biography or back story or what sideline shots of coaches.

But the Georgia radio crew were a treat, it was almost like they were at a different game, funny, if I watched any longer I’d become a rabid Georgia fan

19. #195 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Yes it was. I had to scroll through the Saban seasons to check. We lost to Clemson by 28 in the 2018 season, and now this loss by 15.

Oddly, we lost by the exact margin that Georgia lost to us in the SEC Championship.