Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WinterBorn View Post
    The latest CFP rankings are out.

#1 - Alabama
    #2 - Michigan
    #3 - Georgia
    #4 - Cincinnati

Seems reasonable to me. Especially with Notre Dame on the outside looking in.
    Yup… so they switched the order between UM and UGA that I predicted but it still resulted in the same matchup.

No knock on Bama but the CFP is clearly showing the Group of Five teams don’t belong in the CFP. I’ll obviously be pulling for UC but even if Bama wins but it’s a close game it would be one of the few moral victories in football.

The CFP Committee should be ashamed of themselves and I hope it bites them in the ass.
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

2. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 12 Times in 11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Even a UCLA grad (translation: not very smart) could read this thread alone and pick up that you're a 'Bama guy.
    I would have thought so too. Maybe they are an auburn grad (dumber than UCLA grads).

3. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    What did I think? I thought a little revenge was in order so I sold my 3 BIG10 Championship Game Tickets to some sheep dipper from michigan for $400 each. :-) (I paid $75 ea for them).
    Let me help you out, Mott.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WinterBorn For This Post:

cawacko (12-07-2021), Mott the Hoople (12-08-2021), TOP (12-13-2021)

5. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Yup… so they switched the order between UM and UGA that I predicted but it still resulted in the same matchup.

No knock on Bama but the CFP is clearly showing the Group of Five teams don’t belong in the CFP. I’ll obviously be pulling for UC but even if Bama wins but it’s a close game it would be one of the few moral victories in football.

The CFP Committee should be ashamed of themselves and I hope it bites them in the ass.
    I am actually more nervous about the Cincy game than about facing Michigan or a rematch with Georgia.

Now here is a tough question for you, Mott. If Bama beats Cincy, and Michigan beats Georgia, who will you pull for?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to WinterBorn For This Post:

Mott the Hoople (12-08-2021)

7. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,360 Times in 14,088 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Let me help you out, Mott.

Wish I could thank this more than once. I remember my folks playing this song when I was a kid. Love it!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

Mott the Hoople (12-08-2021), WinterBorn (12-07-2021)

9. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,536 Times in 2,978 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 107 Times in 102 Posts

I am actually more nervous about the Cincy game than about facing Michigan or a rematch with Georgia.

Now here is a tough question for you, Mott. If Bama beats Cincy, and Michigan beats Georgia, who will you pull for?
    Lol…he’s still thinking on that one. I think he’ll root for the defense. That’s what I do when the Redskins play the Raiders.

And to the being about Cincinnati part … I agree. Cincinnati has nothing to lose and you can bet they’ll pull out all the stops to try to win … or at least keep it close to try to prove they belong.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to leaningright For This Post:

11. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,417 Times in 7,536 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 270 Times in 253 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leaningright View Post
    Lol…he’s still thinking on that one.
    Still thinking.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to anonymoose For This Post:

13. #68 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans

“Pull for” would be to strong a term. My expectations are that those Northern Stanky Oversized Weasels defend the BIG10’s honor so I’m pretty sure to be disappointed.

What I really like though is Bama, for the first time ever in the BCS/CFP era, would be playing a post season game where the opponent essentially has the home field advantage. That should be interesting though I don’t think it will be to big of an advantage and considering how long it’s been since michigan has had a Championship caliber team, the stanky weasels in that State Up North will pay dearly to attend the game so it will largely be a pro Weasel crowd.

That is a huge turnaround BIG10 fans are going to appreciate. We have long bitched up here that we essentially have played SEC teams in the post season where they have always had a home field advantage, so that’s a nice change to be playing at Indy.

14. #69 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

“Pull for” would be to strong a term. My expectations are that those Northern Stanky Oversized Weasels defend the BIG10’s honor so I’m pretty sure to be disappointed.

What I really like though is Bama, for the first time ever in the BCS/CFP era, would be playing a post season game where the opponent essentially has the home field advantage. That should be interesting though I don’t think it will be to big of an advantage and considering how long it’s been since michigan has had a Championship caliber team, the stanky weasels in that State Up North will pay dearly to attend the game so it will largely be a pro Weasel crowd.

That is a huge turnaround BIG10 fans are going to appreciate. We have long bitched up here that we essentially have played SEC teams in the post season where they have always had a home field advantage, so that’s a nice change to be playing at Indy.
    We played Ohio State for the National Championship in Miami FL. Granted, we are closer. But it is a stretch to say it is a home field for Bama.

15. #70 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans

We played Ohio State for the National Championship in Miami FL. Granted, we are closer. But it is a stretch to say it is a home field for Bama.
    Meh I hear what you’re saying but you do understand just how often things like playing USC in the Rose Bowl or Playing LSU in the Sugar Bowl has happened to us so it’s nice to see a turn about for a change though I would agree in most cases Home Field advantage isn’t as significant as it post season play as it is in the regular season, though for BIG10 there has been quite a few times where our opponents flat out had a home field advantage in the post season. It doesn’t happen all the time but often enough.

Having said that, I’ve never used that as an excuse for losing.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Mott the Hoople For This Post:

WinterBorn (12-08-2021)

17. #71 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Meh I hear what you’re saying but you do understand just how often things like playing USC in the Rose Bowl or Playing LSU in the Sugar Bowl has happened to us so it’s nice to see a turn about for a change though I would agree in most cases Home Field advantage isn’t as significant as it post season play as it is in the regular season, though for BIG10 there has been quite a few times where our opponents flat out had a home field advantage in the post season. It doesn’t happen all the time but often enough.

No, you have not used that as an excuse.

To me Home Field advantage is about playing at home. The rest is just a matter of your fans and supporters making the trip. Before Saban came to Bama we played a bowl game in Hawaii. I think somewhere in the neighborhood of 15,000 Bama fans went to the game. They dominated.

18. #72 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,417 Times in 7,536 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 270 Times in 253 Posts
    Blog Entries

In the 2019 NCG the Clemson players must have felt like Christians walking into the lion's den in the Roman coliseum when they arrived in N.O. with all the hoopla going on in that town. The Super Dome must've felt like a safe haven.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to anonymoose For This Post:

Mott the Hoople (12-11-2021)

20. #73 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Default What was the dogs name on the Brady Bunch?

21. #74 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,360 Times in 14,088 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Third Mater Dei kid to win the Heisman. And to think he was verbally committed to Clay Doh Helton at one point. It’s painful to say but Mr. Young pretty clearly seems to have made the right decision going to ‘Bama. He’s an outstanding man and well deserving.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

TOP (12-13-2021)

23. #75 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Third Mater Dei kid to win the Heisman. And to think he was verbally committed to Clay Doh Helton at one point. It’s painful to say but Mr. Young pretty clearly seems to have made the right decision going to ‘Bama. He’s an outstanding man and well deserving.
    One of the things that impressed me (that I did not know) was the reason he decided to come to Alabama. He wanted to play for a tough coach. He wanted to play where the competition was fierce. I admire that.