Members banned from this thread: evince, katzgar, gemini104104 and BidenPresident

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: An observation on Red & Blue team members…

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,405 Times in 9,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    Sure, in retrospect that's exactly what he should have done. Ever kill someone? I haven't. I have no idea what I would do in that situation but I'm sure I'd be in shock. Only a few seconds earlier he never woulda dreamed he'd have to kill an attacker.
    Yeah, he's a stupid punk and he shoulda thought beforehand what might happen. His mother is incredibly stupid too.
    BTW, I perused a couple of volsrock's posts on the McMurphy's. He's dead wrong. But that's the only one I could see on the red team that felt that way.
    Look at BidenPresident, e.g. He still thinks Rittenhouse is guilty. Althea still thinks Rittenhouse did the pursuing in spite of the verdict, in spite of all the video evidence. Look at domer's posts, gemini's, owl woman's. That's off the top of my head. And they still consider Rittenhouse to be a murderer.
    Can you name five from the red team that even thought the McMichaels weren't guilty even before the verdict? Admittedly I didn't follow that as closely. Could be that's why I didn't see the reds defending the McMichaels but I don't recall them loudly proclaiming the McMichaels' innocence. Especially from those that followed the trial.
    And that's what this thread and OP is about. It's confined to comparing and contrasting the reds and blues attitudes in these two cases.
    Then what Rittenhouse did was reckless. Which, well, duh. And he should have been convicted for that. He didn't know the difference between a full metal jacket and hollow point. He bought the gun because he thought it looked cool. He had NO BUSINESS being on the streets with that weapon. You want me to FEEL SORRY FOR HIM because he didn't know what to do after he shot the weapon he displayed so much joy in brandishing? I don't. He was reckless, irresponsible, ignorant, and trying to be a big shot. Three people are dead, and you think he should have NO accountability for that, even though it was his gun that killed them. Sorry, not buying. The idea that he is then turned into a right wing hero is sickening.

And my Packers/Lions point was confined to that one potential upset. I have yet to see a single 'rational' post from any of the 'Red Team'. They simply went to their corner. Should I give some of them credit because they think lynching is a bridge too far. Okay, congrats.

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 40 Times in 35 Posts

Plenty of Red Team members claiming the guilty verdict is a result media intimidating the jury.

Plenty of Blue Team members acknowledging the verdict being correct while also being disgusted by the actions.

All should be disgusted by the attemp to declare Rittenhouse a hero, provide him with a National Holiday, a job within our legislature, and a meeting with the former president.

Legal or not, he deserves no credit for his behavior. The country will benefit from less, not more, Americans following his lead.

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Conman View Post
    Trump

4. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,496 Times in 7,584 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 274 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Whythink View Post
    Plenty of Red Team members claiming the guilty verdict is a result media intimidating the jury.
    Plenty? Name one besides volrock. TDAK is not red team. Even if he claimed he was he’s been disavowed by them.

Plenty of Blue Team members acknowledging the verdict being correct while also being disgusted by the actions.
    Plenty of Red Team members acknowledging the verdict being correct while also being disgusted by the actions.

All should be disgusted by the attemp to declare Rittenhouse a hero, provide him with a National Holiday, a job within our legislature, and a meeting with the former president.

Legal or not, he deserves no credit for his behavior. The country will benefit from less, not more, Americans following his lead.
    He successfully defended himself against an attacker and successfully defended himself against a lynch mob, then was persecuted by leftist media , politicians and prosecuted by a woke D.A. for doing so.
    YOU created the hero they celebrate .
    Same as a rogue cop who created a hero out of a Georgia Floyd who otherwise had a useless and destructive life.
    Last edited by anonymoose; 11-26-2021 at 01:43 PM.

5. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Plenty? Name one besides volrock. TDAK is not red team. Even if he claimed he was he’s been disavowed by them.

Plenty of Red Team members acknowledging the verdict being correct while also being disgusted by the actions.

He successfully defended himself against an attacker and successfully defended himself against a lynch mob, then was persecuted by leftist media , politicians and prosecuted by a woke D.A. for doing so.
    YOU created the hero they celebrate .
    Same as a rogue cop who created a hero out of a Georgia Floyd who otherwise had a useless and destructive life.
    So, Red Team can pick and choose who represents them while you generalize Blue Team, including me, creating a hero. Lol, the hypocrisy is never disappointing.

Rittenhouse successfully chose to enter an area with curfew with advice from authorities to avoid the area. Shockingly, he found trouble in the area and killed 2 people.

He isn't a hero of anyone's creation but the extreme right wing.

George Floyd, regardless of his past, was a victim.

I am disappointed in the outcome because I assumed the law discouraged ignoring authority, finding trouble, and claiming self-defense after. The verdict was correct based on my novice understanding of the law. I will never understand how a 17 year old kid from another state was able to enter this area armed with a curfew in place and plenty of law enforcement. Something should have prevented that... parents, police, logic, common sense, etc...

I wonder, if he was black, would he have been stopped? Honest curiosity not trying to be off-base.

Fyi, i am a progressive but you are ignorant to generalize the Blue Team the way you did.

The majority of Blue Team and Red Team are good people who love this country. We need more team USA and less blue v Red BS.

6. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,496 Times in 7,584 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 274 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

So, Red Team can pick and choose who represents them while you generalize Blue Team,
    Blue team is free to disavow their rogues like moon, guno and IQ64 but I never see them do it. TDAK doesn't even pretend to be a repub. , he's in his own world, and I've seen several Reds call out volsrock on his racism.
    including me, creating a hero.
    You seem quite blue to me.

Rittenhouse successfully chose to enter an area with curfew with advice from authorities to avoid the area. Shockingly, he found trouble in the area and killed 2 people.
    Trouble found him. He was ambushed, chased and cornered. It was seen in all the videos and testimony , even from prosecution witnesses at the trial. Prior to that he was just walking around putting out fires arsonists started. Totally non-aggressive. Or do you still refuse to acknowledge that like some of the Blues here do?
    He isn't a hero of anyone's creation but the extreme right wing.
    He wouldn't be a hero if the far left media and Biden, in his tweet, didn't brand him as a murderer and white supremacist before waiting for the facts to come out.
    George Floyd, regardless of his past, was a victim.
    No shit. That's why he's been canonized despite his past.
    I am disappointed in the outcome because I assumed the law discouraged ignoring authority, finding trouble, and claiming self-defense after. The verdict was correct based on my novice understanding of the law. I will never understand how a 17 year old kid from another state
    Truly pathetic how you guys continually bring that up. Do you realize that the WI state line is a 7 minute bicycle ride from the state line? You forgot to add that he crossed that line under the cloak of darkness.
    was able to enter this area armed with a curfew in place and plenty of law enforcement.
    Yet you don't have a problem with mostly peaceful protesters burning private property and looting. Which is worse? Walking around with a weapon putting out fires or rioters committing arson?
    Something should have prevented that... parents, police, logic, common sense, etc...
    Maybe the police were more overwhelmed with rioters committing actual crimes? That simply doesn't come to your mind, does it?

Fyi, i am a progressive but you are ignorant to generalize the Blue Team the way you did.
    Well it certainly does appear to me that every prog, dim or left leaning poster on this board is far more tolerant to actual criminals than those who aren't.
    The majority of Blue Team and Red Team are good people who love this country. We need more team USA and less blue v Red BS.
    Yes, I see more of that in real life but certainly not here.
    Last edited by anonymoose; 11-27-2021 at 02:30 PM.

7. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Blue team is free to disavow their rogues like moon, guno and IQ64 but I never see them do it. TDAK doesn't even pretend to be a repub. , he's in his own world, and I've seen several Reds call out volsrock on his racism. You seem quite blue to me. Trouble found him. He was ambushed, chased and cornered. It was seen in all the videos and testimony , even from prosecution witnesses at the trial. Prior to that he was just walking around putting out fires arsonists started. Totally non-aggressive. Or do you still refuse to acknowledge that like some of the Blues here do?
    He wouldn't be a hero if the far left media and Biden, in his tweet, didn't brand him as a murderer and white supremacist before waiting for the facts to come out.
    No shit. That's why he's been canonized despite his past.
    Yet you don't have a problem with mostly peaceful protesters burning private property and looting. Wlhich is worse? Walking around with a weapon putting out fires or rioters committing arson?
    Maybe the police were more overwhelmed with rioters committing actual crimes? That simply doesn't come to your mind, does it?

Well it certainly does appear to me that every prog, dim or left leaning poster on this board is far more tolerant to actual criminals than those who aren't.

[/QUOTE]Fyi, I have a problem with all violence. None of it is ok.

I am not friends or associates with anyone on these boards. I am here to discuss and debate. I don't keep track of who is/isn't supportive of my opinions. The only in my memory is bidenpresident... that is difficult to forget. Most of his political opinions are fine but I am often disgusted by how he talks about other Americans who happen to disagree.

I admit, if you search all my posts I have some i am not proud of. However, the vast majority are political and not personal.

Until the next debate... Have a great weekend.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Whythink For This Post:

anonymoose (11-27-2021)