Thread: Happy Thanksgiving

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    That's beautiful. Thanks so much for posting it.
    Why would a racist black ersatz Jew post that, you might well ask? He's never made any secret about his loathing for Christianity, so why would he celebrate Thanksgiving?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to cancel2 2022 For This Post:

TOP (11-27-2021)

3. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,630 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,435 Times in 1,357 Posts
    Blog Entries

Many other additional beautiful blessings here....
    https://www.xavier.edu/jesuitresourc...giving-prayers

4. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,361 Times in 52,411 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Primavera View Post
    Why would a racist black ersatz Jew post that, you might well ask? He's never made any secret about his loathing for Christianity, so why would he celebrate Thanksgiving?
    First, I doubt Guno loathes Christian. He seems to like giving all the ersatz Christians shit for their racism and hypocrisy....and so do I.

Second, most cultures have a fertility celebration in the Spring and a harvest celebration in the Fall. In the US and Canada, we call it "Thanksgiving". It's not a religious holiday like Easter.

That said, Guno, unlike you, is an American. An American celebrating an American holiday is normal. What's not normal are foreigners who have never been to America acting like they are Americans.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (11-27-2021)

6. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Dutch Uncle,

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    First, I doubt Guno loathes Christian. He seems to like giving all the ersatz Christians shit for their racism and hypocrisy....and so do I.

Second, most cultures have a fertility celebration in the Spring and a harvest celebration in the Fall. In the US and Canada, we call it "Thanksgiving". It's not a religious holiday like Easter.

That said, Guno, unlike you, is an American. An American celebrating an American holiday is normal. What's not normal are foreigners who have never been to America acting like they are Americans.
    Capitalism has waged a War On Thanksgiving for years, decades even.

Capitalism has been trying to turn Thanksgiving into the beginning of Christmas. It's not even December yet!

I am really surprised BLM has not attempted to co-opt 'Black Friday.' - It's plainly out there for the pickings if they wanted to go there. But no. It's not about blackness at all. It's about business being 'in the black.' It's about the super-rich extending wealth inequality.

Actually, the War On Thanksgiving has already been won and they've broken the Halloween barrier. I've seen Christmas stuff ramping up even before Halloween.

The crux of it is clear. It's not about celebrating any particular religion. It's about selling crap and making lots of money.

I don't think Jesus had this in mind at all.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

7. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Dutch Uncle,

Capitalism has waged a War On Thanksgiving for years, decades even.

Capitalism has been trying to turn Thanksgiving into the beginning of Christmas. It's not even December yet!

I am really surprised BLM has not attempted to co-opt 'Black Friday.' - It's plainly out there for the pickings if they wanted to go there. But no. It's not about blackness at all. It's about business being 'in the black.' It's about the super-rich extending wealth inequality.

Actually, the War On Thanksgiving has already been won and they've broken the Halloween barrier. I've seen Christmas stuff ramping up even before Halloween.

The crux of it is clear. It's not about celebrating any particular religion. It's about selling crap and making lots of money.

I don't think Jesus had this in mind at all.
    We're a capitalist nation. Like any organisms, organizations evolve and grow toward what makes them profitable.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

PoliTalker (11-27-2021)

9. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,182 Times in 25,717 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

For one thing, it's a secular holiday. Pretty sad you can't appreciate the beauty of the words without taking a shot at guno.

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

10. The Following User Says Thank You to christiefan915 For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (11-27-2021)

11. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

For one thing, it's a secular holiday. Pretty sad you can't appreciate the beauty of the words without taking a shot at guno.
    Pretty sad that he is a unrepentant racist who calls Asians, including my wife and d-i-l gookies, whores and bargirls. As for Thanksgiving being secular it's definitely a religious holiday rooted in the Christian tradition. America's first Thanksgiving was about prayer and thanksgiving to God, but I'm sure that you know that already.
    Last edited by cancel2 2022; 11-27-2021 at 06:14 PM.

12. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,328 Times in 53,234 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Which nasty comment was then thanked by the hypocritical "those people are so hateful but *I'm* not" angry, hangry spider. Sad.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

13. The Following User Groans At ThatOwlWoman For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (11-27-2021)

14. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,328 Times in 53,234 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

You can get anything you want at, well, you know...

Oh, I forgot about this T-Day classic! Thank you, Poli.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

15. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

PoliTalker (11-28-2021)

16. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,182 Times in 25,717 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Pretty sad that he is a unrepentant racist who calls Asians, including my wife and d-i-l gookies, whores and bargirls. As for Thanksgiving being secular it's definitely a religious holiday rooted in the Christian tradition. America's first Thanksgiving was about prayer and thanksgiving to God, but I'm sure that you know that already.
    It's not celebrated as a religious holiday by the government or any religion, AFAIK. It's about people giving thanks, not about God as in Christmas or Easter.

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

17. The Following User Says Thank You to christiefan915 For This Post:

Doc Dutch (11-27-2021)

18. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

It's not celebrated as a religious holiday by the government or any religion, AFAIK. It's about people giving thanks, not about God as in Christmas or Easter.
    Agreed, when viewed as a Harvest festival which is common throughout agricultural cultures. In our case, there's certainly a religious angle because of the Pilgrim's background, but the Native Americans had their own ideas.

You're spot on with "giving thanks". Most of us can afford to give a day for that. I'm very fortunate. Nothing special and it could all change in an instant, but I'm thankful for enjoying life one day at a time.

19. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

No mention of Guno I see, why is that? The man is an unreconstructed racist yet you all give him cover for his vile views. I do not understand why that is, it's truly a mystery to me.

On another note there are a few Americans here and they celebrated Thanksgiving the other day, one guy called Greg from San Diego was guiding the cooking. Really nice guy, he used to work for the IRS but then nobody's perfect.
    Last edited by cancel2 2022; 11-27-2021 at 11:19 PM.

20. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,096 Times in 12,623 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,439 Times in 1,383 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hopefully there have been over the last few days many conversations with-in families about how America has been stolen from us, what we we should do about it.

It's now or never.
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

21. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I myself have had the most awesome few days, as I have posted in other threads. I have seen more people and been more busy than I have been in a long while.

#LIVING
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

22. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

THe high point was the look in the face of my oldest daughters wifes'd father, at his house, on Thanksgiving, when as we were working together in his rather nice kitchen I casually mentioned that I always thought that I was rasing adults not kids....... I played longball.

DARK AGES SUCK!