Members banned from this thread: evince, moon, Micawber, LV426, reagansghost, Poor Richard Saunders, Cinnabar, Walt, AProudLefty, Doc Dutch, BartenderElite, Concart, Hawkeye10, martin, Diesel, BidenPresident and Hoosier Daddy

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Salvation Army Wants White Donors to Offer “Sincere Apology” for Their Racism

1. #226 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,669 Times in 17,927 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,248 Times in 3,052 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    Indeed, George was prophetic.

2. #227 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,398 Times in 53,276 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    The 40’s here, we start hoarding food when it gets below freezing.

My S-in-L lives in Arkansas so I don’t know much about the parrot’s vocabulary. I believe it to be extensive but I will inquire.

We thought of getting another dog but my esposa says she can not bear the thought of another loss.

We had two parakeets when my children were small...Sam and Cory but someone left the cage door open on the deck and they flew away. We saw them occasionally in the wild but then nothing.

Twenty three degrees? That’s no degrees at all. What part of the country are you located...Not the specific location just general...NE...NW...?
    We are in the frozen north, sitting on the shores of Kitchi-Gami (Lake Superior). There's a link in my profile with some pics taken from around here.

That's sad about your parakeets. It's quite possible though that they survived, since your climate is mild. Florida, SC, and the Gulf Coast states have a number of escaped now-feral parrots. We saw several of them on trips to FL. There is even a flock of monk parakeets/Quakers living in NY city!
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Earl (11-27-2021)

4. #228 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    We are in the frozen north, sitting on the shores of Kitchi-Gami (Lake Superior). There's a link in my profile with some pics taken from around here.

That's sad about your parakeets. It's quite possible though that they survived, since your climate is mild. Florida, SC, and the Gulf Coast states have a number of escaped now-feral parrots. We saw several of them on trips to FL. There is even a flock of monk parakeets/Quakers living in NY city!
    You live where the summers last for thirty minutes...lol

My brother is a Psychologist and lives in northern Wisconsin. Their lakes stay partially frozen til mid summer.

We have hummingbird feeders and regular bird feeders. A group of yellow finches is here now, beautiful birds in the sunshine.

When I was a lad, we lived across the street from an old antebellum home, big white columns. A group of what we called screech owls lived in the oak trees and would start screeching late at night. My brothers told me they were preparing to fly over and get me. I was only 5 or 6 and I believed them.

My posts about “nocturnal flights” were, I hope, fairly innocuous...they were meant to be. It’s a shame we see events differently. BTW, one of my brothers joined the Communist Party while at Vanderbilt. I and my other two brothers convinced him that he could leave or eat his party card. He left. True story.

Sixties here today. Beautiful dry weather.

5. #229 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,005 Times in 8,032 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,672 Times in 1,550 Posts

I have to agree with you.

Especially this... “Educated, intelligent, hardworking black peple can go as far in this country as anyone else can.”

We have black doctors, lawyers and business owners in our club. Hispanics too and Asians.

Two blacks on our board. Good people and very successful. They did not buy into the Democrat dependency mierda.

I will posit that Democrats, with their dependency mierda, have harmed the black community for decades. A form of racism that has the false narrative that blacks can not succeed without white intervention...total horse mierda.
    Well, I'm not going that far.

There is still a legitimate need to help poor people in this country and private/church-based charities cannot be counted upon to always be there. As much as the Republicans claim to hate the gub'mint (except for when THEY are the gub'mint) it is plain and clear that the only reliable source for assistance that will always be there is the government.

It just happens to be that a disproportionate percentage of the poor in this country are black.

We can debate the reasons why that is, we can point the finger at different people and assign blame from now until forever, but that does not help poor people. We can also debate just what constitutes the necessary level of assistance and how much in terms of the dollar amount, but again the poor are still poor and in need of assistance.

My only bone of contention here is how certain factions within the left, the extremist, brainwashed PC woke virtue signaling progressives.... just cannot seem to find any boundaries for their do-gooderism. Telling whites that they are all "guilty" for feeling something that is as much of a naturally occurring human trait as any other individual preference and how we should all feel guilty about it and go around apologizing, is a bridge waaayyyyy too far afaic.
    https://i.postimg.cc/PqVCnGks/gojoe1.jpg
    C'MON MAN!!!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Nomad For This Post:

Earl (11-27-2021)

7. #230 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Well, I'm not going that far.

There is still a legitimate need to help poor people in this country and private/church-based charities cannot be counted upon to always be there. As much as the Republicans claim to hate the gub'mint (except for when THEY are the gub'mint) it is plain and clear that the only reliable source for assistance that will always be there is the government.

It just happens to be that a disproportionate percentage of the poor in this country are black.

We can debate the reasons why that is, we can point the finger at different people and assign blame from now until forever, but that does not help poor people. We can also debate just what constitutes the necessary level of assistance and how much in terms of the dollar amount, but again the poor are still poor and in need of assistance.

My only bone of contention here is how certain factions within the left, the extremist, brainwashed PC woke virtue signaling progressives.... just cannot seem to find any boundaries for their do-gooderism. Telling whites that they are all "guilty" for feeling something that is as much of a naturally occurring human trait as any other individual preference and how we should all feel guilty about it and go around apologizing, is a bridge waaayyyyy too far afaic.
    Well, I have been wrong before. I once thought I was wrong.lol

Yes, we all have our tendencies. A trillion dollars have been spent on poverty programs since LBJ and the poverty rate is higher now than then. Something isn’t working.

Those programs were started by Democrats and over the intervening years, have caused a climate of dependency. I am convinced of that.

I believe that most blacks want to be left alone to succeed on their own and they are succeeding, big time. I see it here in ATL and read of it across the country.

The train has left the station on the false narrative of “all whites are racists.” Most of us have moved on but the Democrats will not leave it be. It’s their base and they can’t let go because it means a loss of power. Blacks don’t need a crutch but Democrats believe they do.

Just my opinion...true or not true...mine.
    Last edited by Earl; 11-27-2021 at 10:03 AM.

8. #231 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You live where the summers last for thirty minutes...lol

My brother is a Psychologist and lives in northern Wisconsin. Their lakes stay partially frozen til mid summer.

We have hummingbird feeders and regular bird feeders. A group of yellow finches is here now, beautiful birds in the sunshine.

When I was a lad, we lived across the street from an old antebellum home, big white columns. A group of what we called screech owls lived in the oak trees and would start screeching late at night. My brothers told me they were preparing to fly over and get me. I was only 5 or 6 and I believed them.

My posts about “nocturnal flights” were, I hope, fairly innocuous...they were meant to be. It’s a shame we see events differently. BTW, one of my brothers joined the Communist Party while at Vanderbilt. I and my other two brothers convinced him that he could leave or eat his party card. He left. True story.

Sixties here today. Beautiful dry weather.
    Your brother and us are practically neighbors then. We joke that the U.P. is where Wisconsinites go to die. Every winter we lose several in snowmobile accidents. In the summer they die kayaking, falling off of cliffs, getting lost in the wilderness and never found, car accidents, etc. Despite what some of the forum racists claim, we moved here upon retirement for the snow, the cold, the nature, the wilderness. Our first choice was Alaska, but this turned out to be far more practical. We can still drive to see the kids within a day, if we push it. The cost of living is far lower too. You can get a much larger, nicer home with acreage for far less, and not have to live in the bush w/o grid, cell phone, Internet. Locals call it "Alaska Lite."

Screech owls are cool, feisty little guys! I have a scar on my wrist to prove it. (I used to volunteer at a raptor sanctuary in the STL area.)

Here's the perp now:

Is your brother still a communist?
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Earl (11-27-2021)

10. #232 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by domer76 View Post
    Below, folks is proof of a total meltdown. Jesus fucking Christ, Jethro, how many “lolups” do you need?

Just enough to get the point across as to how hard I'm laughing at you.

Yep, the WWII analogy totally escaped you. And it pissed you off, as well. Damn, motherfucker, you’re losing it!
    It was a bullshit analogy which I debunked and deconstructed quite handily and with minimal effort.

That you are still desperately clinging to it like a wooden plank floating in the middle of the ocean after a shipwreck, tells us all that you have nothing else.

All your other gar-bahge about meltdowns and losing it etc., etc., is just a very obvious and very pathetic case of you feebly attempting to project your own poor performance here onto me.

Nobody, least of all me, is buying it.

It looks like LAMENTING AND REPENTING are too much for you. Let’s just start with LAMENT and go from there.

“Lament requires us to search our hearts, determine where we have fallen and sincerely grieve.”

Look into your heart, Jethro, and see where you have fallen. Hint: It’s on your face!
    I have nothing to lament or repent.

I will never lament, repent, feel guilty about or apologize for, seeing reality for what it is, unshaded and undistorted by politics or ideological purity.

Black people have had their apologies and society has done much to make amends for the sins in its past.

The time has come for blacks as a people, to pick up the ball and run with it.

Yet they are still tied to some dysfunctional "cultural identity" that insists on being different and setting themselves apart from whites. From the disgusting, angry, violent, anti-social garbage rap music they keep on foisting upon their youth, to their refusal to cooperate with law enforcement when attempts are made to root out and arrest criminal elements within their neighborhoods, to their lack of involvement with their kids' educations which leads to them having the highest dropout and teen pregnancy rates of any other group, to their perennial victimhood mentality that white do-gooders like you only help perpetuate, they continue to squander every opportunity they are given.

Yes, that is slowly changing and I'm happy to see young blacks going to college and doing well.

But there is still way too much crime and violence, most of it drug related because these young blacks who drop out of school see drugs as a way to make money wihout having to get jobs for which they lack the requirements for, and dysfunction within black society that only they can straighten out within their own community.

They as yet, have not shown a very strong willingness to tackle the problem.

And why should they when sob-sisters and hand wringers like you keep on sending out the message that it is all everyone else's (white people's) fault.
    C'MON MAN!!!!

11. #233 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,312 Times in 10,503 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,917 Times in 4,233 Posts
    Blog Entries

Just enough to get the point across as to how hard I'm laughing at you.

It was a bullshit analogy which I debunked and deconstructed quite handily and with minimal effort.

That you are still desperately clinging to it like a wooden plank floating in the middle of the ocean after a shipwreck, tells us all that you have nothing else.

All your other gar-bahge about meltdowns and losing it etc., etc., is just a very obvious and very pathetic case of you feebly attempting to project your own poor performance here onto me.

Nobody, least of all me, is buying it.

I have nothing to lament or repent.

I will never lament, repent, feel guilty about or apologize for, seeing reality for what it is, unshaded and undistorted by politics or ideological purity.

Black people have had their apologies and society has done much to make amends for the sins in its past.

The time has come for blacks as a people, to pick up the ball and run with it.

Yet they are still tied to some dysfunctional "cultural identity" that insists on being different and setting themselves apart from whites. From the disgusting, angry, violent, anti-social garbage rap music they keep on foisting upon their youth, to their refusal to cooperate with law enforcement when attempts are made to root out and arrest criminal elements within their neighborhoods, to their lack of involvement with their kids' educations which leads to them having the highest dropout and teen pregnancy rates of any other group, to their perennial victimhood mentality that white do-gooders like you only help perpetuate, they continue to squander every opportunity they are given.

Yes, that is slowly changing and I'm happy to see young blacks going to college and doing well.

But there is still way too much crime and violence, most of it drug related because these young blacks who drop out of school see drugs as a way to make money wihout having to get jobs for which they lack the requirements for, and dysfunction within black society that only they can straighten out within their own community.

They as yet, have not shown a very strong willingness to tackle the problem.

And why should they when sob-sisters and hand wringers like you keep on sending out the message that it is all everyone else's (white people's) fault.
    Let’s do this, fucking moron. Here are a few self diagnosis points in the document to agree or disagree with. I’m just going to mark you “strongly disagree” on all.

You just keep failing on all counts in your denial.

1. I recognize that racism is a present and current problem.
    2. I can handle uncomfortable topics.
    3. I understand my own racial biases.
    4. I listen to others who think and look differently than me.
    5. I believe that there is a place for repentance for the sin of racism in the Church.
    6. I will take definitive action as an anti-racist in the future.

12. #234 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Well, I have been wrong before. I once thought I was wrong.lol

Yes, we all have our tendencies. A trillion dollars have been spent on poverty programs since LBJ and the poverty rate is higher now than then. Something isn’t working.

Those programs were started by Democrats and over the intervening years, have caused a climate of dependency. I am convinced of that.

I believe that most blacks want to be left alone to succeed on their own and they are succeeding, big time. I see it here in ATL and read of it across the country.

The train has left the station on the false narrative of “all whites are racists.” Most of us have moved on but the Democrats will not leave it be. It’s their base and they can’t let go because it means a loss of power. Blacks don’t need a crutch but Democrats believe they do.

Just my opinion...true or not true...mine.
    Party poitics is where you're getting off track, IMO.

I do not believe the poverty RATE is higher now than it was, just the povert NUMBERS which is to be expected since the population as a whole has grown so much since the 60's.

And we can also look at the incresed RATE of wealth as well.

There are more in terms of numbers and a higher RATE of millionaires and billionares now than there were in the 60's. And most f not all of these uber wealthy individuals do not pay their fair share (in terms of percentage of income) of taxes to help support the poor in America.

Leaving blacks alone as you suggest would only result in more homeless on the streets using drugs, committing crimes and increasing the general level of mayhem within their communities.

I believe we can have social assistance without creating a climate of dependency, but black leaders need to step up and start having very vocal and very public conversations with "their people" about ending the dysfunction tha continues to plague them year after year after year after year.

The ball has been in their court for decades.

They need to start taking a good hard forehand swing at it.
    C'MON MAN!!!!

13. #235 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Let’s do this, fucking moron. Here are a few self diagnosis points in the document to agree or disagree with. I’m just going to mark you “strongly disagree” on all.

You just keep failing on all counts in your denial.

1. I recognize that racism is a present and current problem. AGREE. Just not that it is as prevalent or caucasian-centered as dipshits like you claim it is.

2. I can handle uncomfortable topics. AGREE I've done a much better job of handling this one than you have.

3. I understand my own racial biases. AGREE Because we all have them no matter what color we are.

4. I listen to others who think and look differently than me. AGREE Again, probably better than you because unlike you, I actually live around and amongst the people you claim to understand even though you rarely encounter them.

5. I believe that there is a place for repentance for the sin of racism in the Church. AGREE There is a place for repentance for sins of every kind in the church, especially hypocrisy.

6. I will take definitive action as an anti-racist in the future. AGREE I have been doing that in online discussion forums like this one for decades. Like I'm doing right now, taking definitive action against your phony-baloney anti-white, racism.
    There.

All answered and explained for you, though your simple-minded little attempt to paint me into a corner did nothing to dispell the image of stupidity you have created for yourself here in this thread.

But do keep going.

I've found this all to be quite entertaining and a distraction from boredom.

I anxiously await your next feeble attempt a having a go at me.
    C'MON MAN!!!!

14. #236 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Your brother and us are practically neighbors then. We joke that the U.P. is where Wisconsinites go to die. Every winter we lose several in snowmobile accidents. In the summer they die kayaking, falling off of cliffs, getting lost in the wilderness and never found, car accidents, etc. Despite what some of the forum racists claim, we moved here upon retirement for the snow, the cold, the nature, the wilderness. Our first choice was Alaska, but this turned out to be far more practical. We can still drive to see the kids within a day, if we push it. The cost of living is far lower too. You can get a much larger, nicer home with acreage for far less, and not have to live in the bush w/o grid, cell phone, Internet. Locals call it "Alaska Lite."

Screech owls are cool, feisty little guys! I have a scar on my wrist to prove it. (I used to volunteer at a raptor sanctuary in the STL area.)

Here's the perp now:

Is your brother still a communist?
    No, but he is a progressive...very progressive. I believe his area is called the “Iron Triangle.” He hunts in the Boundary Waters.

I miss hearing the owls and whippoorwills and bull frogs.

Life was much different then...better. We were a better people.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Earl For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (11-27-2021)

16. #237 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

There.

All answered and explained for you, though your simple-minded little attempt to paint me into a corner did nothing to dispell the image of stupidity you have created for yourself here in this thread.

But do keep going.

Why are you debating that pond scum?

Why dip that far down in the sewer? Just ignore him...most do.

17. #238 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Why are you debating that pond scum?

Why dip that far down in the sewer? Just ignore him...most do.
    Bitch-slapping dipshits is fun.
    C'MON MAN!!!!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Nomad For This Post:

Earl (11-27-2021)

19. #239 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

No, but he is a progressive...very progressive. I believe his area is called the “Iron Triangle.” He hunts in the Boundary Waters.

I miss hearing the owls and whippoorwills and bull frogs.

Life was much different then...better. We were a better people.
    He is also a neighbor then. Haven't heard of the area called Iron Triangle though.

We certainly stuck together against common enemies back then. Now we've turned the current common enemy (the SARS-COV-2 virus) into a political football.

If ever there was a sign that we are not destined to hold together as a nation any longer, the pandemic is it.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Earl (11-28-2021)

21. #240 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,312 Times in 10,503 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,917 Times in 4,233 Posts
    Blog Entries

There.

But do keep going.

Your previous posts indicate you’re lying on every answer. (1000 lolups)

Here, ignorant fuck. A little homework for you to help fix your denial.

Systemic racism:

Housing and lending
    Education
    Criminal justice
    Health and environment
    Voting rights
    Employment

Start with an easy one, Jethro. Voting rights.

Familiar with Shelby and Section 5 of the Voting Rights Act? Go ahead and tell us what happened WITHIN HOURS of the repeal of that section. This is a REAL EASY one. You really shouldn’t have to look it up.
    Last edited by domer76; 11-27-2021 at 11:18 AM.