Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Capitol Violence Judge Raises Potential Charge For Trump

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,761 Times in 4,510 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 185 Times in 181 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BidenPresident View Post
    People did not expect him to be President. Trump dying in prison is quite possible.
    Going to prison or being charged as a traitor have about the same chance of happening.

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,989 Times in 11,516 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,459 Times in 2,200 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    Going to prison or being charged as a traitor have about the same chance of happening.
    As did his becoming President. Funny how that works.

3. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Dillon View Post
    Oh, it was a riot and a mob. I saw them pumping themselves up to it for weeks prior on Twitter.

Sorry I can't post proof, was Twitterbanned a week before it happened. Had already unsubscribed from that thread, too.
    It was the Proud Boys. The FBI has all the communications between them coordinating their activities before the riot. Some have already been charged with conspiracy and one plead guilty.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

PoliTalker (11-26-2021), ThatOwlWoman (11-26-2021)

5. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,917 Times in 1,477 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 77 Times in 75 Posts
    Blog Entries

Trump is a traitor.
    Well ... the dummies record is still stuck.

6. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

It was the Proud Boys. The FBI has all the communications between them coordinating their activities before the riot. Some have already been charged with conspiracy and one plead guilty.
    And we know the Trump coup planners were working from a local hotel.

7. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

As did his becoming President. Funny how that works.
    The final RCP poll average had Clinton at 46.8% and Trump at 43.6% (actual result was 48.2% v. 46.1%) That is fairly close compared to the zero chance he will be charged with treason.

8. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The final RCP poll average had Clinton at 46.8% and Trump at 43.6% (actual result was 48.2% v. 46.1%) That is fairly close compared to the zero chance he will be charged with treason.
    bye

9. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,460 Times in 7,746 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 503 Posts

No, it was #stopthesteal on Twitter. No Proud Boys. Those guys are latent fags and battle ANTIFA for the lulz.

If they weren't so Big and boisterous and ANTIFA wasn't so small and like sneaky squirrelrats, there would be nothing.
    ANTIFA however, is serious about taking down America, and it is an international communist organization. They throw molotov cocktails in other countries. Have they done that here yet?

10. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Dillon View Post
    No, it was #stopthesteal on Twitter. No Proud Boys. Those guys are latent fags and battle ANTIFA for the lulz.

If they weren't so Big and boisterous and ANTIFA wasn't so small and like sneaky squirrelrats, there would be nothing.
    ANTIFA however, is serious about taking down America, and it is an international communist organization. They throw molotov cocktails in other countries. Have they done that here yet?
    My error. It was not Proud Boys but Oath Keepers. ANTIFA had nothing to do with the riot.

"An Alabama man and member of the Oath Keepers — a large but loosely organized collection of individuals, some of whom are affiliated with militias — was arrested today for crimes related to the breach of the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, which disrupted a joint session of the U.S. Congress that was in the process of ascertaining and counting the electoral votes related to the presidential election.

Mark Grods, 54, of Mobile, is charged with federal offenses that include conspiracy and obstruction of an official proceeding and aiding and abetting. Grods entered his guilty plea in the District of Columbia on June 30.

According to court documents, Grods and others in the conspiracy agreed to plan and participate in an operation to interfere with the certification of the electoral college vote on Jan. 6 by coordinating with others in advance, using websites and social media to recruit other participants, and traveling to Washington, D.C. According to his plea, Grods joined an invitation-only encrypted Signal group message titled “DC OP: Jan 6 21” and participated in a four-person online meeting titled “SE leaders dc 1/6/21 op call.” On Jan. 4, Grods traveled with others to Washington and brought firearms, and eventually provided them to another individual to store in a Virginia hotel.

On Jan. 6, Grods rode with others in a pair of golf carts toward the Capitol, at times swerving around law enforcement vehicles, before parking and continuing toward the Capitol. While walking through the restricted area and toward the Capitol building, Grods moved with others together in a military “stack” formation with hands on the shoulders of those in front of them to communicate and effectively move toward the Capitol. At 3:21 p.m., Grods entered through the east Rotunda doors while carrying a large stick. At 3:25 p.m., Grods exited the Capitol as law enforcement officers deployed pepper balls at a wall near Grods."

https://www.justice.gov/usao-dc/pr/a...capitol-breach

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

PoliTalker (11-26-2021), ThatOwlWoman (11-26-2021)

12. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,646 Times in 10,702 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 618 Times in 607 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Flash,

He incited an insurrection.

I would like to see him charged with that.

18 U.S. Code § 2383 - Rebellion or insurrection:

"Whoever incites, sets on foot, assists, or engages in any rebellion or insurrection against the authority of the United States or the laws thereof, or gives aid or comfort thereto, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.
    (June 25, 1948, ch. 645, 62 Stat. 808; Pub. L. 103–322, title XXXIII, § 330016(1)(L), Sept. 13, 1994, 108 Stat. 2147.)"

US Code
    TOTAL HORSE SHIT. EVEN THE PROSECUTORS DO NOT CALL JAN 6 AN "INSURRECTION"....AND TRUMP HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE VIOLENCE....WHICH THE PROSECUTORS ALSO ADMIT.

THE ONLY PEOPLE SAYING OTHERWISE ARE THE FROTHY-MOUTHED LEFTMORONS...THE SAME LYING IMBECILES THAT GAVE US "RUSSIA!! RUSSIA! RUSSIA!" AND THE UKRAIEN FABRICATIONS....WHOLE DESPERATELY IGNORING THE BLATASNT CORRUPTION OF THE BIDEN FAMILY THERE AND ELSEWHERE....
    TRUMP WILL TAKE FORTY STATES...UNLESS THE SAME IDIOTS WHO BROUGHT US THE 2020 DUNCE-O-CRAT IOWA CLUSTERFUCK CONTINUE THEIR SEDITIOUS ACTIVITIES...THEN HE WILL WIN EVEN MORE ..UNLESS THE RED CHINESE AND DNC COLLUDE, USE A PANDEMIC, AND THEN THE DEMOCRATS VIOLATE ARTICLE II OF THE CONSTITUTION, TO FACILLITATE MILLIONS OF ILLEGAL, UNVETTED, MAIL IN BALLOTS IN THE DARK OF NIGHT..

De Oppresso Liber

13. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,460 Times in 7,746 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 503 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Capitol riot suspect’s court hearing turns to potential criminal charge for Trump

"Could former President Donald Trump be charged with a crime for urging then-Vice President Mike Pence not to certify the electoral vote tally?

That appeared to be the thrust of a question U.S. District Court Judge Carl Nichols posed on Monday at a court hearing for one of the hundreds of Americans charged in the Capitol riot.

The judge and both sides in the case found themselves debating the scope of a law being wielded against many Jan. 6 defendants that makes it a felony to “corruptly” interfere with an official federal government proceeding and carries a penalty of up to 20 years in prison. "

"An attorney with the Justice Department Criminal Division, James Pearce, initially seemed to dismiss the idea that merely lobbying Pence to refuse to recognize the electoral result would amount to the crime of obstructing or attempting to obstruct an official proceeding.

“I don’t see how that gets you that,” Pearce told the judge.

However, Pearce quickly added that it might well be a crime if the person reaching out to Pence knew the vice president had an obligation under the Constitution to recognize the result.

“If that person does that knowing it is not an available argument [and is] asking the vice president to do something the individual knows is wrongful … one of the definitions of ‘corruptly’ is trying to get someone to violate a legal duty,” Pearce said."

"Miller is charged with a series of offenses, including obstruction, assaulting a federal officer and making threats against a police officer and Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.). Prosecutors say that in the wake of the takeover of the Capitol on Jan. 6, Miller posted a series of calls for violence on social media. After Ocasio-Cortez urged Trump’s impeachment on Twitter, Miller allegedly replied: “Assassinate AOC.”

Miller is just one of more than half a dozen Capitol riot defendants currently challenging the use of the obstruction charge in their cases.

Broden, the defense attorney, said on Monday that the government’s interpretation was so broad that disrupting almost any activity a judge is doing could amount to obstruction and carry — at least, theoretically — a 20-year prison term.

“There’s got to be a limit. If somebody comes in as the court is performing a wedding, is that an official proceeding?” Broden asked, urging the court to give the defendant the benefit of any doubt under a legal doctrine known as the rule of “lenity.”

Nichols did not rule on the issue on Monday, nor offer any clear indication of where he’s likely to come out on the question, which is also being mulled by other judges."

"“I think we need to continue to move this case as quickly as possible,” the judge said."

The sooner Donald Trump is in prison, the better.

You'll never live to see that day, you fucking malformed dog turd.

You're just a waste. An angry waste.

What do you do that is beneficial to society?

14. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Flash,

Failing to concede an election and the Big Lie do not constitute "incitement." Incitement means stirring up a crowd to immediate action (not something he did in the past). No violent actions occurred immediately after those actions and not until over 2 months later.

This is just what I understand from reading about this topic and court cases. It is difficult to prove. If I stand in front of a crowd and urge them to attack the Capitol and they do so, that does not mean their actions were a result of my speech.
    That's why it is so frustrating. Everybody knows the only reason the crowd attacked the capitol was because of Donald Trump. His irresponsible denials of the loss falsely led people to believe the election was stolen. If he had simply done the right thing and gracefully conceded it would not have happened. If he had told the world he appreciated the support, but it was clear that Joe Biden had won the election (as he did,) that he accepted the loss and wished Joe Biden well as the new president, that on January 20th he would be stepping down and handing power over to the new President, the capitol attack would not have occurred. He was directly responsible for the attack by telling the Big Lie.

Donald Trump caused the insurrection by telling the Big Lie.

It hurt the nation badly. It was a very selfish unAmerican thing to do.

He is responsible and should be held responsible for his actions.

The only reason he is not being prosecuted for it is because the law is difficult to prove, and prosecutors don't want a loss or to set a precedent that the law is meaningless.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

15. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Flash,

I presume the 'zero chance' is your opinion?

Certainly you don't have evidence to support that claim.

What if we get to a point where many cases of capitol violence have court records of the convicts testifying that they did what they did because of Donald Trump's Big Lie?

Is that not evidence that he incited the insurrection?
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

16. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Flash,

My error. It was not Proud Boys but Oath Keepers. ANTIFA had nothing to do with the riot.

"An Alabama man and member of the Oath Keepers — a large but loosely organized collection of individuals, some of whom are affiliated with militias — was arrested today for crimes related to the breach of the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, which disrupted a joint session of the U.S. Congress that was in the process of ascertaining and counting the electoral votes related to the presidential election.

Mark Grods, 54, of Mobile, is charged with federal offenses that include conspiracy and obstruction of an official proceeding and aiding and abetting. Grods entered his guilty plea in the District of Columbia on June 30.

According to court documents, Grods and others in the conspiracy agreed to plan and participate in an operation to interfere with the certification of the electoral college vote on Jan. 6 by coordinating with others in advance, using websites and social media to recruit other participants, and traveling to Washington, D.C. According to his plea, Grods joined an invitation-only encrypted Signal group message titled “DC OP: Jan 6 21” and participated in a four-person online meeting titled “SE leaders dc 1/6/21 op call.” On Jan. 4, Grods traveled with others to Washington and brought firearms, and eventually provided them to another individual to store in a Virginia hotel.

On Jan. 6, Grods rode with others in a pair of golf carts toward the Capitol, at times swerving around law enforcement vehicles, before parking and continuing toward the Capitol. While walking through the restricted area and toward the Capitol building, Grods moved with others together in a military “stack” formation with hands on the shoulders of those in front of them to communicate and effectively move toward the Capitol. At 3:21 p.m., Grods entered through the east Rotunda doors while carrying a large stick. At 3:25 p.m., Grods exited the Capitol as law enforcement officers deployed pepper balls at a wall near Grods."

https://www.justice.gov/usao-dc/pr/a...capitol-breach
    Direct evidence of a conspiracy to disrupt our government.

That is an insurrection.

17. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,427 Times in 53,292 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

I'm curious -- what are your thoughts on #TRE45ON being indicted/imprisoned on the tax evasion and other charges that NYS has been looking into?
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

18. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

PoliTalker (11-26-2021)