Thanks
    Thanked 5,465 Times in 3,390 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,143 Times in 1,048 Posts

Default When the Big Lie Was Born

When The Big Lie Was Born
    or
    How Did Trump Know?

Donald Trump did not first tell us about the Stolen Election after it happened.
    He told us before it happened, months before. As early as June he was sounding the alarm
    that Democrats were fixing the election against him. As election day approached he went further,
    arguing that his own popularity had become so great that it was not possible for Biden to win
    except by fraud, a startling statement given that Biden was leading in the polls, all the polls,
    leads outside their margins of error. Even Rasmussen, the most Republican friendly national
    poll, predicted Trump would lose. In what must have seemed a blow, company president
    Scott Rasmussen wrote a column a few days before the election warning there
    was little chance Trump could close the gap.

Rasmussen and all the other pollsters might have been mistaken, of course. Trump might
    have won after all. Biden’s official electoral vote victory by the same margin that Trump
    defeated Hillary Clinton, which he had called a “blowout”, might not have happened in what
    we think of as the visible world; that it was mere coincidence the size of Biden’s electoral vote
    was about what the polls predicted and from the states the polls predicted. But how could
    Trump have KNOWN the polls were wrong, known that Biden despite his apparent insurmountable
    lead not only might still lose but could only lose. Incredibly, breathtakingly when you think
    about it, HE DID KNOW. “I alone knew,” he might have said, in that way he has of occasionally
    reminding us of his special standing in the universe.

There is but one possible answer to this question of How Trump Knew when no one else did
    or could. Donald Trump walks with God.

I know it and so do you.

Well, come to think of it, there is another answer to consider: that Trump’s pre-election certainty
    of Biden’s only (dishonest) chance of beating him was a product of his imagination and fear of
    losing, that he obviously made the whole thing up back in June, 2020 and all the other days leading
    to the election when over and over he sang the same tale of predicted, not his fault, election night woe
    maybe for himself but definitely for his voters for whom he could not bear the thought of being
    perceived “a loser”.

If so, a simple lesson and choice lie herein: it has been from its pre-election beginning, The Big Lie. Or, Donald
    Trump walks with God. Take your pick.

Note: links to sources not provided; they are easily found via Google
    "Give pearls away and rubies but keep your fancy free."

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to martin For This Post:

christiefan915 (11-24-2021), evince (11-24-2021), moon (11-25-2021), ThatOwlWoman (11-24-2021), Tranquillus in Exile (11-24-2021)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,324 Times in 2,774 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 215 Times in 209 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by martin View Post
    He told us before it happened, months before.
    It started before that! Months before the 2016 election he was saying it was rigged. Until it turned out he won.

Then he just had to explain why he failed to get a majority of the popular vote. Obvious: millions of illegals voted against him.

But they were so devious that none of them were ever traced. Sad.
    Last edited by Tranquillus in Exile; 11-24-2021 at 12:52 PM.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tranquillus in Exile For This Post:

christiefan915 (11-24-2021), evince (11-24-2021), martin (11-24-2021), ThatOwlWoman (11-24-2021)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,184 Times in 25,719 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

This needs to be shouted through a bullhorn. How else can you get it through the thick skulls of trumpers. </rhetorical>

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

6. The Following User Says Thank You to christiefan915 For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (11-24-2021)

7. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,555 Times in 2,629 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 216 Times in 211 Posts

haha - that isn't the big lie

the big lie is the media and big tech did not assist in making the election rigged from the get go

Russia Collusion. Twitter hiding scandals. and on and on. all enough to taint any fair election - making this process a sham.

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,235 Times in 6,870 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,850 Times in 1,713 Posts

He started way before that. He called the 2012 election a sham, and said there was massive fraud in the 2016 election.

It's an old habit from his business days. Cover all the bases.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BartenderElite For This Post:

christiefan915 (11-26-2021), ThatOwlWoman (11-24-2021), Tranquillus in Exile (11-24-2021)

10. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,324 Times in 2,774 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 215 Times in 209 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BartenderElite View Post
    He started way before that. He called the 2012 election a sham, and said there was massive fraud in the 2016 election.
    What surprizes me is that anyone still believes this half-assed lying clown. All he knows is ME, ME, ME!

If they need a person like that to champion their corner, maybe there's something wrong with their corner.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tranquillus in Exile For This Post:

BartenderElite (11-24-2021), ThatOwlWoman (11-24-2021)

12. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,577 Times in 9,985 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 873 Times in 830 Posts

Which big lie? The one that went......" Now you listen to me, I DID NOT HAVE SEX WITH THAT WOMAN" or was it....." There is a vast right wing conspiracy against myself and my husband Bill" or was it the one that went...." If you like your insurance, you can keep your insurance,...thats a promise" ????

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Stone For This Post:

Into the Night (11-26-2021)

14. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fartin View Post
    8-09-2020, according to your profile.

15. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zymurgy View Post
    the big lie is the media and big tech did not assist in making the election rigged from the get go
    They aren't even trying to hide it.

https://time.com/5936036/secret-2020-election-campaign/

16. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,386 Times in 3,225 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 189 Times in 178 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    Which big lie? The one that went......" Now you listen to me, I DID NOT HAVE SEX WITH THAT WOMAN" or was it....." There is a vast right wing conspiracy against myself and my husband Bill" or was it the one that went...." If you like your insurance, you can keep your insurance,...thats a promise" ????
    Or the huge lie, that 80 million people voted for a senile racist, who wouldn't leave his basement!

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wolverine For This Post:

Into the Night (11-26-2021), Stone (11-24-2021)

18. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,465 Times in 3,390 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,143 Times in 1,048 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine View Post
    Or the huge lie, that 80 million people voted for a senile racist, who wouldn't leave his basement!
    Never an easy thing penetrating Trumper grey matter.
    "Give pearls away and rubies but keep your fancy free."

19. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,386 Times in 53,267 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    This needs to be shouted through a bullhorn. How else can you get it through the thick skulls of trumpers. </rhetorical>
    Jesus Himself could come down on a cloud and tell them, and they'd just cover their ears and yell "Fake news! Fake prophet! Fake Jesus!"
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

christiefan915 (11-26-2021), martin (11-25-2021)

21. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,646 Times in 10,702 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 618 Times in 607 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by martin View Post
    or
    How Did Trump Know?

Donald Trump did not first tell us about the Stolen Election after it happened.
    He told us before it happened, months before. As early as June he was sounding the alarm
    that Democrats were fixing the election against him. As election day approached he went further,
    arguing that his own popularity had become so great that it was not possible for Biden to win
    except by fraud, a startling statement given that Biden was leading in the polls, all the polls,
    leads outside their margins of error. Even Rasmussen, the most Republican friendly national
    poll, predicted Trump would lose. In what must have seemed a blow, company president
    Scott Rasmussen wrote a column a few days before the election warning there
    was little chance Trump could close the gap.

Rasmussen and all the other pollsters might have been mistaken, of course. Trump might
    have won after all. Biden’s official electoral vote victory by the same margin that Trump
    defeated Hillary Clinton, which he had called a “blowout”, might not have happened in what
    we think of as the visible world; that it was mere coincidence the size of Biden’s electoral vote
    was about what the polls predicted and from the states the polls predicted. But how could
    Trump have KNOWN the polls were wrong, known that Biden despite his apparent insurmountable
    lead not only might still lose but could only lose. Incredibly, breathtakingly when you think
    about it, HE DID KNOW. “I alone knew,” he might have said, in that way he has of occasionally
    reminding us of his special standing in the universe.

There is but one possible answer to this question of How Trump Knew when no one else did
    or could. Donald Trump walks with God.

I know it and so do you.

Well, come to think of it, there is another answer to consider: that Trump’s pre-election certainty
    of Biden’s only (dishonest) chance of beating him was a product of his imagination and fear of
    losing, that he obviously made the whole thing up back in June, 2020 and all the other days leading
    to the election when over and over he sang the same tale of predicted, not his fault, election night woe
    maybe for himself but definitely for his voters for whom he could not bear the thought of being
    perceived “a loser”.

If so, a simple lesson and choice lie herein: it has been from its pre-election beginning, The Big Lie. Or, Donald
    Trump walks with God. Take your pick.

Note: links to sources not provided; they are easily found via Google
    TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!! TRUMP!!!

TRUMP WILL TAKE FORTY STATES...UNLESS THE SAME IDIOTS WHO BROUGHT US THE 2020 DUNCE-O-CRAT IOWA CLUSTERFUCK CONTINUE THEIR SEDITIOUS ACTIVITIES...THEN HE WILL WIN EVEN MORE ..UNLESS THE RED CHINESE AND DNC COLLUDE, USE A PANDEMIC, AND THEN THE DEMOCRATS VIOLATE ARTICLE II OF THE CONSTITUTION, TO FACILLITATE MILLIONS OF ILLEGAL, UNVETTED, MAIL IN BALLOTS IN THE DARK OF NIGHT..

De Oppresso Liber

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Grokmaster For This Post:

23. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,555 Times in 2,629 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 216 Times in 211 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine View Post
    when the mainstream media refuses to remind the electorate that he dropped out of races for plagiarism - and only talk about things that are positive. When big tech refuses to allow us to discuss how he and his son are crooked as hell - it improves his electability. In contract, focusing on Russian collusion, children in cages, and all the other nonsense discourages votes for the other side

the big lie is how the media and big tech is sweeping this under the rug

focusing on some hard to prove fraud - when the election itself was rigged to prevent equal negative coverage seems silly to me

24. The Following User Says Thank You to zymurgy For This Post:

25. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,235 Times in 6,870 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,850 Times in 1,713 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    LOL

Man, you've gotta take a LONG trip through memory lane for some of those. And I don't recall any of 'em inspiring an insurrection, or a majority of a major political party to think our elections are now corrupt.

I also love when people bring up that insurance one. It's actually not a lie - and it's the only one conservatives can cite from Obama, from 8 years. I can cite 2,000 from Trump (in 4 years).

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BartenderElite For This Post:

martin (11-25-2021), Tranquillus in Exile (11-25-2021)