Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone still believe American Exceptionalism!?

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,224 Times in 1,063 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 185 Times in 180 Posts

Default Anyone still believe American Exceptionalism!?

No sane or intelligent person would claim this now.

Except maybe Dutch Uncle... But I said sane & intelligent...

The USA is crashing & burning.

From Waukesha to the Afghanistan pull out to Inflation to the Insurrectionists to BLM riots.

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,556 Times in 2,630 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 216 Times in 211 Posts

this premise relies on us actually agreeing to and being bound by the unique tenets of the Declaration of Independence

When we went to war to prevent an entire region from breaking the chains that bind us - we threw out what was unique - we are now wolves and sheep voting on dinner - nothing exceptional there

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by zymurgy View Post
    this premise relies on us actually agreeing to and being bound by the unique tenets of the Declaration of Independence

When we went to war to prevent an entire region from breaking the chains that bind us - we threw out what was unique - we are now wolves and sheep voting on dinner - nothing exceptional there
    I tend to believe America was never Exceptional went from Institutional racism against minorities like Jim Crow right into Institutional racism against Whites like Affirmative Action.

At it's most exceptional point was 1950s America with a sense of pride & patriotism for defeating Hitler.

Which soon was taken advantage of to submit Whites.

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by NikodemPoplawski View Post
    I tend to believe America was never Exceptional went from Institutional racism against minorities like Jim Crow right into Institutional racism against Whites like Affirmative Action.

At it's most exceptional point was 1950s America with a sense of pride & patriotism for defeating Hitler.

Which soon was taken advantage of to submit Whites.
    Exceptional <> perfect.

A perfect system will never exist - people will make sure of that

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Republicans don't. The rebranded themselves on the premise that America sucks, hence MAGA. Luddite, fascist cheaters, self destructive, destroy govt institutions. Only losers are that way.

On the other hand, Democrats do in the best sense of it. The optimists. Wanting to fund schools, look forward by supporting science, solve problems like Covid and gun death, build roads and bridges, include all Americans etc.

So checkmate.

PS I truly believe this, not trolling. We are great, Republicans suck. Suckers, wimps, quitters and cheaters.

PS don't respond I won't read it.

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,551 Times in 2,991 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 107 Times in 102 Posts

America is exceptional. Always has been. Hasn’t always been right but the premise upon which the US was founded truly makes this … to steal Arkansas’ state motto, the land of opportunity.

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by leaningright View Post
    America is exceptional. Always has been. Hasn’t always been right but the premise upon which the US was founded truly makes this … to steal Arkansas’ state motto, the land of opportunity.
    that's a joke anymore. what makes us unique in this day and age?

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,307 Times in 13,426 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 843 Times in 802 Posts

America for most of its history was exceptional. It has only been in the last 50 or so years as America has moved to the Left that it has fallen from that status and will continue to do so. The more Progressive and Leftist the US becomes the more mediocre as a nation we will be.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to T. A. Gardner For This Post:

leaningright (11-23-2021)

10. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    America for most of its history was exceptional. It has only been in the last 50 or so years as America has moved to the Left that it has fallen from that status and will continue to do so. The more Progressive and Leftist the US becomes the more mediocre as a nation we will be.
    Truth. Hanging on by the skin of our teeth.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to leaningright For This Post:

Wolverine (11-24-2021)

12. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,232 Times in 3,450 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,212 Times in 1,887 Posts

It's WHITE MALES that are exceptional and made america great. They become the engineers and businessmen and scientists and inventors that actually do things. White women and all darkies are useless.

MA1950A
    Reckless drivers are a bigger threat to you than all other criminals put together!

THE BIG LIE - Blacks and whites are different physically but identical mentally!

There is no way 81 million americans voted for a man they know is a child molester w dementia. Impeach Joe the Pedophile Vegetable (JPV)

13. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    PS don't respond I won't read it.
    anyone with an ignore list as long as yours deserves to be on ignore by the entire board........
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

14. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Text Drivers are Killers View Post
    It's WHITE MALES that are exceptional and made america great. They become the engineers and businessmen and scientists and inventors that actually do things. White women and all darkies are useless.

MA1950A
    Aren't Western Euro Whites in the USA also responsible for it's fall being a bunch of anti Racist CUCKS!?

15. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,077 Times in 7,507 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,104 Times in 1,049 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by leaningright View Post

True Believerism, huh Mr. Leaning?

No problem with the Euros stealing your ancestral land?

To forgive is devine, I guess!
    Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel. Samuel Johnson, 1775
    Religion....is the opiate of the people. Karl Marx, 1848
    Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose. Kris Kristofferson, 1969

16. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by NiftyNiblick View Post
    True Believerism, huh Mr. Leaning?

No problem with the Euros stealing your ancestral land?

To forgive is devine, I guess!
    Yes sir. I guess I’m worthy of that “Believerism” label. I am fortunate to have traveled several places around the world, am immensely interested in learning about life in others. Form my travels and my learning there is no other nation, generally and no other place, specifically that I’d rather live. So it’s that “If we're all in the place that fits us the most comfortably, we're doing equally well, right?”

I have seen the American dream play out too many times to discount it, for my own family to those living around me.

My Choctaw grandmother raised 11 children (8 boys 3 girls) of her own. She was the second wife of my grandfather who had fathered 10 children by his first wife. He lost her and several of his young children in the flu epidemic in the early 1900’s. Grandma was swindled out of her tribal allotment by the (white) local grocer. She lost 150 acres over a $50 grocery bill. Talking about it years later she just said, “We had to eat though.” But she was the person who encouraged her half-Choctaw kids to play by the rules that existed if they wanted a better life. I don’t know if that was forgiving or she just realized what was necessary for survival?

Most of them did. Several opened business of their own … the two younger ones got degrees even. My youngest uncle on mom’s side just retired from being on the tribal council a couple of months ago…a very prestigious job he’s had for a while. Basically they came from nothing to doing well working by a simple formula (advice from my grandmother): “Be determined, keep your nose clean and work hard.” She also said, “If it’s going to happen you have to make it happen … don’t expect anyone else to.”

Now my mom married a hillbilly from the hills of Oklahoma who had joined the Army to better his life, but he lived by the same motto…and passed that on to my siblings and me and I have used the same phrases to encourage the kids I have taught (and currently teach) to spur them on to accomplish whatever. If you’ve read many of my posts you know I teach a lot of welfare dependent white kids and kids of native descent. It is so encouraging when one of them breaks the cycle of government dependence. Yes, I still talk about the American dream because I still believe in it.

I’m sorry, this post got longer than I intended but I get excited when talking about the opportunities here for my white trash and native students. Yes, my ancestors were done wrong, generally speaking and my grandmother was done wrong specifically speaking, but I know of no other system where the “conquered” can grow along side and be as successful or even more successful than the “conquering.” It’s not such a terrible system.

17. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,834 Times in 17,265 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,601 Times in 4,278 Posts

Americans are people, just like any other country's people. What was unique was we had an excellent educational system and opportunity. Now the right is shredding the educational system in the interest of Republican politics. Our opportunities have been offshored by our corporations who only focus on the bottom line. Loyalty to America is not a factor.
    China is passing us by in science. They will be in charge of future energy. Innovation is mostly made by the people who manufacture. that is China thanks to our manufacturers.
    When Welsch was running GE, he said he wished he could put his plants on a barge and move them to where he got the best deal. That includes where he could pollute with compunction.