Members banned from this thread: Truth Detector, MAGA MAN, Sailor and Matt Dillon

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: This is a prime examle of why arming everyone with guns is an insane idea!!!

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,904 Times in 7,964 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,669 Times in 1,547 Posts

Default This is a prime examle of why arming everyone with guns is an insane idea!!!

I think this qualifies as a current event, so that is why I'm posting it in the Current Events Forum.

In Volusia County Florida, a 36 year old, pregnant mother and library assistant, was shot and killed after she pointed her gun at a motorcyclist she had previously had a traffic incident with.

In the heat of anger, after she hit the motorcyclist with her car, rather than calmly handle the situation or even just scream and yell at him, she went for her gun, got herself and her unborn child killed and left her 11 year old daughter without a mother.

Yet, proponents of universal concealed carry, still believe in the false premise that "an armed society is a polite society".

In reality, an armed society is a VIOLENT society.

As if the travails of Kyle Rittenhouse and the three guys in Georgia on tial for murdr in the Ahmad Arbery case were not enough to convince one about the trouble gun possession tends to get people in.

Common sense says that the more people who carry guns around with them, the more of these kinds of incidents will happen

Happy Holidays, gun-goobers.

Orange City police: Librarian intentionally struck biker, pointed gun before being shot and killed

ORANGE CITY, Fla. — Police in Orange City believe a woman intentionally hit a motorcyclist and took off before being shot and killed around 5 p.m. Saturday.

Investigators say the motorcyclist and several witnesses followed her home, and there was then a confrontation right in her front yard.

Police say 36-year-old Sara Nicole Morales had the intent to hit a motorcyclist on Volusia Avenue after some kind of incident and then took off. The motorcyclist, 40-year-old Andrew Derr, was not seriously hurt. He then followed her, along with several witnesses to the hit-and-run, and one of those witnesses called 911.

“The lady just took off and left. What kind of vehicle was it? It's a blue Kia,” the caller said.

Police say the motorcyclist and others were trying to get Morales to stop but that she refused. She turned onto east Wisconsin and drove a mile or more to her home with the hit-and-run victim and several others in pursuit.

Police say Morales ran inside and came back out with a gun. On the call, you can hear Morales briefly yelling at the motorcyclist and then gunshots.

According to police, multiple shots were allegedly fired at Morales by the hit and run motorcycle victim, after he claimed she pointed a gun at him. Several of the witnesses backed that up.

“Why did he shoot her?” the operator asked.

“Because she pulled a gun out on him,” the caller replied.

Derr, having a valid Florida concealed weapons permit, drew his concealed handgun and fired multiple rounds, striking Morales.

Morales was transported to Halifax Hospital where she succumbed to her injuries and was pronounced dead.

Morales' handgun was recovered on scene. Police say Derr remained on scene and has been cooperating with law enforcement. So far, he is not being charged.

Detectives say they are still investigating, but they are treating this as a case of self defense. Neither Morales, nor the motorcyclist, Derr, have any previous local criminal history.

Sara Morales worked for Volusia County as a library assistant.

The county closed the Deland and Pierson libraries to give staff at both, who she worked with, time to grieve.

Morales had an 11-year-old daughter and also lived with her mother and her boyfriend.

https://www.wesh.com/article/librari...city/38320147#

Police: Pregnant librarian killed in alleged road rage shooting was aggressor

A pregnant Volusia County librarian was killed in an alleged road rage incident in Orange City over the weekend. However, investigators have identified the victim as the aggressor.

https://www.yahoo.com/now/police-pre...231712262.html
    https://i.postimg.cc/PqVCnGks/gojoe1.jpg
    C'MON MAN!!!!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nomad For This Post:

evince (11-23-2021), Guno צְבִי (11-23-2021)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,548 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 215 Times in 201 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    I think this qualifies as a current event, so that is why I'm posting it in the Current Events Forum.

In Volusia County Florida, a 36 year old, pregnant mother and library assistant, was shot and killed after she pointed her gun at a motorcyclist she had previously had a traffic incident with.

In the heat of anger, after she hit the motorcyclist with her car, rather than calmly handle the situation or even just scream and yell at him, she went for her gun, got herself and her unborn child killed and left her 11 year old daughter without a mother.

Yet, proponents of universal concealed carry, still believe in the false premise that "an armed society is a polite society".

As if the travails of Kyle Rittenhouse and the three guys in Georgia on tial for murdr in the Ahmad Arbery case were not enough to convince one about the trouble gun possession tends to get people in.

Common sense says that the more people who carry guns around with them, the more of these kinds of incidents will happen

Self defense matters.
    "2Timothy 3 "But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away"

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Old Trapper For This Post:

ExpressLane (11-23-2021)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

The idea that such a patently stupid notion needs examples is sad commentary on Republican intelligence.

Water is wet, here is an example.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Micawber For This Post:

evince (11-23-2021), Nomad (11-23-2021)

7. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,761 Times in 7,265 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,060 Times in 1,005 Posts

I have no idea what the ignored Nomad is saying, of course, but I thought that everybody in America was already armed with guns or soon to be so.

It appears that the right wing SCOTUS is likely to knock down all state and local firearms restrictions throughout the nation.
    Manhattan will have the same rules--none at all--as Bumfuck, Texas.
    The wimpy body counts we've been chalking up until now should finally get respectable.
    Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel. Samuel Johnson, 1775
    Religion....is the opiate of the people. Karl Marx, 1848
    Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose. Kris Kristofferson, 1969

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Old Trapper View Post
    Self defense matters.
    If neither of them had had guns, this would almost certainly not have ended in death.
    C'MON MAN!!!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Nomad For This Post:

evince (11-23-2021)

10. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,761 Times in 17,091 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,342 Times in 2,261 Posts
    Blog Entries

Looks like a clear case of self defense.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AProudLefty For This Post:

anonymoose (11-23-2021), ExpressLane (11-23-2021)

12. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

for decades liberals and anti gunners have forced defenselessness upon a majority of the populace while mostly ignoring the end result of criminals not obeying those laws and killing people.........during those decades, people have gotten stupid about when and how to use a firearm...........as per the intent of those liberals and anti gunners.........now that some states are turning the page and seeing that being defenseless doesn't help anyone, so they are restoring those rights to be armed and defend yourself, we're going to be stuck with some idiots not knowing what to do and doing it anyway. this will eventually work itself out and smart and decent people can restore that polite society.
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

13. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,572 Times in 2,246 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 161 Times in 153 Posts

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr.Badguy For This Post:

evince (11-23-2021)

15. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Looks like a clear case of self defense.
    It was.

She brought it on herself.

Hence my point.

Had she not owned a gun, she'd be alive today.

Apparently, she had an anger issue that day.

Ayone can have a bad day and snap.

Throw a gun into the mix, and this is the kind of thing that can and ofetn does happen
    C'MON MAN!!!!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Nomad For This Post:

evince (11-23-2021)

17. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    for decades liberals and anti gunners have forced defenselessness upon a majority of the populace while mostly ignoring the end result of criminals not obeying those laws and killing people.........during those decades, people have gotten stupid about when and how to use a firearm...........as per the intent of those liberals and anti gunners.........now that some states are turning the page and seeing that being defenseless doesn't help anyone, so they are restoring those rights to be armed and defend yourself, we're going to be stuck with some idiots not knowing what to do and doing it anyway. this will eventually work itself out and smart and decent people can restore that polite society.
    You actually believe that???

I own some really nice "waterfront" property in South Florida.

I call it "The Everglades".

I'll sell you as much as you want at a great price.
    C'MON MAN!!!!

18. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,614 Times in 10,679 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 617 Times in 606 Posts
    Blog Entries

SWITZERLAND IS ARMED WITH ACTUAL ASSAULT RIFLES....ALMOST NO CRIME.

IF THE DEMTHUGS HADN'T ATTACKED RITTENHOUSE, HE WOULDN'T HAVE SHOT THEM.

IT AIN'T ROCKET SCIENCE.
    TRUMP WILL TAKE FORTY STATES...UNLESS THE SAME IDIOTS WHO BROUGHT US THE 2020 DUNCE-O-CRAT IOWA CLUSTERFUCK CONTINUE THEIR SEDITIOUS ACTIVITIES...THEN HE WILL WIN EVEN MORE ..UNLESS THE RED CHINESE AND DNC COLLUDE, USE A PANDEMIC, AND THEN THE DEMOCRATS VIOLATE ARTICLE II OF THE CONSTITUTION, TO FACILLITATE MILLIONS OF ILLEGAL, UNVETTED, MAIL IN BALLOTS IN THE DARK OF NIGHT..

De Oppresso Liber

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Grokmaster For This Post:

ExpressLane (11-23-2021)

20. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Badguy View Post
    I was all with that until the BS about the cop arresting the black guy for nothing.

They lost me right there.
    C'MON MAN!!!!

21. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,968 Times in 14,555 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 949 Times in 933 Posts
    Blog Entries

It was.

She brought it on herself.

Hence my point.

Had she not owned a gun, she'd be alive today.

Apparently, she had an anger issue that day.

Ayone can have a bad day and snap.

Throw a gun into the mix, and this is the kind of thing that can and ofetn does happen
    Good thing the motorcyclist had a gun to defend himself with.
    IMPEACH 46 FOR TREASON
    Biden/Harris 2024
    IT'S A NO BRAINER!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to ExpressLane For This Post:

PostmodernProphet (11-23-2021)

23. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by ExpressLane View Post
    Good thing the motorcyclist had a gun to defend himself with.
    If neither of them had guns, the librarian and her unborn fetus (one of those things the right pretends to care about but only in the case of abortion... not dying from a bullet in its mother's body) would still be alive and her 11 year old daughter would still have a mother.

Not being able to see the mayhem gun ownership is causing in our society and especially for those who carry them around, is the height of blindness to reality.
    C'MON MAN!!!!

24. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Grokmaster View Post

SWITZERLAND IS ARMED WITH ACTUAL ASSAULT RIFLES....ALMOST NO CRIME.

IF THE DEMTHUGS HADN'T ATTACKED RITTENHOUSE, HE WOULDN'T HAVE SHOT THEM.

IT AIN'T ROCKET SCIENCE.
    I doubt that has much if anything to do with gun ownership.

I think the Swiss are just more decent, civilized and less violence prone people than we are.

Oversimplification of every issue has always been the purview of rwnj dumbasses, though.
    C'MON MAN!!!!