Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: For those with deep belief in a creator, we have a soul that is unique to being human

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,460 Times in 7,746 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 503 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BidenPresident View Post
    ^^God fearing soul calling a woman a whore.

Stop calling yourself out. I never said that.

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,989 Times in 11,516 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,459 Times in 2,200 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Dillon View Post
    Stop calling yourself out. I never said that.
    I know what "puta" means you asshole.

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Well, isn't that a special response by a short bus-riding loser?

I rode the long bus, around the entire city to pick up all the gifted students to take them to 1 place, baby girl. You fail.

Tell me how you define a loser. I'm happy, Financially Independent, I do what I want, when I want. How does that make me a "loser"?

I don't have a woman around because the last one was dragging me down, and I've done well to be shed of her. I'm not compromising my principles just to have a comfort woman around, no.

I'm going to be me, and on a moral scale, gf? You're several notches lower than I am. You don't even have a set moral base. Mine was set by God, who was yours set by?

I believe in absolute morality, and I fall mighty short, but you fall shorter and are not worthy of judging me. True Story.
    Last edited by Matt Dillon; 11-13-2021 at 07:21 PM.

4. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,405 Times in 53,280 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

The distinction between animals and humans was reason, for Descartes. Thus animals only had instinct. But where does instinct come from? Nature? Where does reason come from? God?
    It comes from our unique brains. We humans love to believe that ours are super special... but many avian species have denser neurons and connections, within their relatively tiny skulls, than we do.

They used to believe that animals were "automatons" that functioned solely on instinct and were incapable of learning. We now know that this is false.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

5. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

It comes from our unique brains. We humans love to believe that ours are super special... but many avian species have denser neurons and connections, within their relatively tiny skulls, than we do.

They used to believe that animals were "automatons" that functioned solely on instinct and were incapable of learning. We now know that this is false.
    Agree. Even though Aristotle talked about the human soul, it was purely biological and ended when you die.

6. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Wtf is a Corvid?
    It's amusing when someone like you jumps into a conversation way above his level -- i.e. philosophy -- with personal insults. Yet you don't know what a corvid is. From Merriam-Webster: Corvid (n): any of a family (Corvidae) of stout-billed passerine birds including the crows, jays, magpies, and the raven
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

7. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I know what "puta" means you asshole.

I bet you do!

8. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

It's amusing when someone like you jumps into a conversation way above his level -- i.e. philosophy -- with personal insults. Yet you don't know what a corvid is. From Merriam-Webster: Corvid (n): any of a family (Corvidae) of stout-billed passerine birds including the crows, jays, magpies, and the raven
    Matt is a Homer Simpson: "No, I mean, what does the word 'irony' mean?"

9. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Okay, Shitbirds in other words, amirite?

If I'm wrong, tell me how all those are NOT shitbirds. Those are all shitbirds.

10. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I bet you do!
    you're super immature

11. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Origin of "transhumanism":

The sentence Challenger quotes, which comes from Huxley’s New Bottles for New Wine (1957), reads in its entirety, “The human species can, if it wishes, transcend itself—not just sporadically, an individual here in one way, an individual there in another way, but in its entirety, as humanity.” Huxley continues:

“I believe in transhumanism”: once there are enough people who can truly say that, the human species will be on the threshold of a new kind of existence, as different from ours as ours is from that of Pekin man. It will at last be consciously fulfilling its real destiny.

12. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Yeah, you're a moron.

13. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Agree. Even though Aristotle talked about the human soul, it was purely biological and ended when you die.
    And even ~2,500 years later, with all of our science, we still cannot make the case for anything different.

It is high hubris to believe that we are the most special beings on this planet. We're all composed of the same stuff, share most of our DNA with each other. We are all biological beings programmed by our DNA with the same imperatives... eat. Have sex. Produce offspring. We eat each other for the most part, whether we're bacteria or humans. Many of us feel unpleasant sensations when one of our close relatives is no more, whether we are a tree in a forest or a mother mourning her lost child.

Many humans don't like this concept of our part on the planet because they think it means we shouldn't eat meat, or get rid of mice in our house, or otherwise be destructive. Life is destructive in order to make new life. That's it.

14. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

And even ~2,500 years later, with all of our science, we still cannot make the case for anything different.

It is high hubris to believe that we are the most special beings on this planet. We're all composed of the same stuff, share most of our DNA with each other. We are all biological beings programmed by our DNA with the same imperatives... eat. Have sex. Produce offspring. We eat each other for the most part, whether we're bacteria or humans. Many of us feel unpleasant sensations when one of our close relatives is no more, whether we are a tree in a forest or a mother mourning her lost child.

Many humans don't like this concept of our part on the planet because they think it means we shouldn't eat meat, or get rid of mice in our house, or otherwise be destructive. Life is destructive in order to make new life. That's it.
    There is a basic viciousness in all forms of life.

15. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

you're super immature

You're super wrong in a lot of things. I'm not that "immature", I've been making it since I was 19 years old . I know how to make a living and what it takes.