Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Trump Hurt America By Not Conceding.

The Big Lie:

-Got people killed.

-Drove the country further apart.

-Poisoned the Republican Party.

-Caused violence.

-Destroyed lives.

-Got people thrown in prison for years. More to come.

-Cost America money.

-Cost America international image and reputation.

-Is still hurting America.

-Broke down family relationships.

-Is getting deplorable people elected.

.................................................. ...............

America would be far better off if Trump had conceded. America would still benefit from it if Trump would finally do so (but he is sick and he never will.)

The cost of this great sore loser is incalculable.

Trump is the worst thing in America right now.

He is like a giant wrecking ball. Everywhere he goes he leaves a trail of misery, tears and destruction.
    wrong.

shut your dumb idiot face, fool.

2. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Conceding a clearly lost election is the right thing to do.

Refusing to concede hurt American badly.

It caused even more embittered polarization, divided America, set her up for a fall.

United we stand. That's what Republicans said during W. Now they walk away from unity.

Dividing a country does not make it great.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Whythink (11-24-2021)

4. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 31 Times in 29 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tranquillus in Exile View Post
    Before the 2016 election, Trump claimed it was rigged.

Analysis by Laura Bicker, BBC News, Washington

17 October 2016
    Donald Trump has claimed for months that the election was rigged - but that message is now at the centre of his campaign just as his poll numbers begin to slump. And in doing so he hits at the very heart of American democracy - the idea that elections are free and fair.

Mr Trump's tactics allow him once more to paint himself as the anti-establishment figure being victimised by the Washington political elite. It also gives him an excuse if he loses.

But where would it leave his supporters? The fear is that the Republican candidate's rhetoric could further divide this country and stoke anger and suspicion among the millions who follow him. If Hillary Clinton is elected, would they accept her presidency as legitimate and if not, what form would those protests take?

https://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-37673797

It took another 4+ years. Now we know. Trump is the man who can never lose.
    and he was correct

5. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 31 Times in 29 Posts

Conceding a clearly lost election is the right thing to do.

Refusing to concede hurt American badly.

It caused even more embittered polarization, divided America, set her up for a fall.

United we stand. That's what Republicans said during W. Now they walk away from unity.

Dividing a country does not make it great.
    why would anyone concede a clearly corrupt election?

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to redfish For This Post:

Into the Night (11-25-2021), Matt Dillon (11-25-2021)

7. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,676 Times in 27,321 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,977 Times in 2,694 Posts

There are some Kraken conspiracy theory posts on this board which have not stood the test of time. I believe Stretch, and Vols rock were the authors of the most hilarious ones.

8. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

There has never been a bigger sore loser than Donald Trump.

The correct and mature thing to do is accept a loss, and wish the winner and the nation well.

After an election is the time for all Americans to reunite and pull together for the good of the nation.

The Big Lie has thrown America into turmoil, hurt the nation badly.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

9. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 40 Times in 35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    lib'ruls love conservatives who lose elections.........like McCain and Romney.....
    And Trump

10. #68 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,821 Times in 17,257 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,596 Times in 4,274 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by redfish View Post
    why would anyone concede a clearly corrupt election?
    Trump asked for innumerable recounts and they were given. He even was given control over Arizonas election machines and ballots. He went to court over 60 times. He lost them all.
    The bottom line it was Trump and the right who proved the election was fair and honest. There is no evidence on the other side.
    The corrupted part is your logic and ability to understand see what has actually happened.

11. #69 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,970 Times in 32,285 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Whythink View Post
    And Trump
    but you had to cheat to win that one....
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

12. #70 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 40 Times in 35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    but you had to cheat to win that one....
    Lol

13. #71 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,112 Times in 11,685 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,366 Times in 1,352 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Trump asked for innumerable recounts and they were given. He even was given control over Arizonas election machines and ballots. He went to court over 60 times. He lost them all.
    The bottom line it was Trump and the right who proved the election was fair and honest. There is no evidence on the other side.
    The corrupted part is your logic and ability to understand see what has actually happened.
    You can't wish the evidence away, dude.
    "The atmosphere is among the factors that determines the Earth's atmosphere." --ZenMode
    "Donald has failed in almost every endeavor he has attempted. " --floridafan
    "Abortion is not a moral issue. " --BidenPresident
    "Propaganda can also be factual." --Flash
    "Even after being vaccinated, you shed virus particles." --Jerome
    "no slavery is forcing another into labor" -archives
    "Evs are much safer from fires" -- Nordberg
    "Abortion has killed no one." -- LurchAddams

14. #72 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,460 Times in 7,746 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 503 Posts

He's sick in the mind. He imagines a different reality which is not true, but he imagines how nice it would be if it were true, so he tries to get everybody else to believe it. If he can get enough traction then, as far as he is concerned, it then IS true, just because he 'wished' hard enough for it.

Like Joe Biden got more votes than Obama.

Though it defies logic, you believe it to be true because you want to.

15. #73 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,460 Times in 7,746 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 503 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BidenPresident View Post
    Petty people like Trump are easy to understand. They want power.
    Pro-jec-tion

16. #74 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,597 Times in 1,937 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 661 Times in 608 Posts

Trump Hurt America By Not Conceding.

The Big Lie:

-Got people killed.

-Drove the country further apart.

-Poisoned the Republican Party.

-Caused violence.

-Destroyed lives.

-Got people thrown in prison for years. More to come.

-Cost America money.

-Cost America international image and reputation.

-Is still hurting America.

-Broke down family relationships.

-Is getting deplorable people elected.

.................................................. ...............

America would be far better off if Trump had conceded. America would still benefit from it if Trump would finally do so (but he is sick and he never will.)

The cost of this great sore loser is incalculable.

Trump is the worst thing in America right now.

He is like a giant wrecking ball. Everywhere he goes he leaves a trail of misery, tears and destruction.
    Yet President Biden benefited America, humanity and economies greatly at mitigating and further recovering from the barbaric, un American and lawlessly hacked in tRump insurgency from a hell hole. Fu*k tRump and flunk his sewer and un Earthly ass kissers too as worthless swine on humanity and as a curse:

President Biden’s remarkable record of accomplishment under nearly impossible circumstances

It’s been almost 90 years since humorist Will Rogers uttered his famous lament: “I am not a member of any organized political party. I am a Democrat.” Sadly, for that party and, no doubt, quite amusingly for those otherwise affiliated, the observation would still hold were Rogers alive today.

The Democratic Party’s “big tent” may be smaller today than it was even a half-century ago when it made room for civil rights and anti-war activists, big city union hardhats, and southern segregationists, but make no mistake, 21st century party leaders must still attempt to herd an extremely unwieldy assemblage of cats.

And seldom has this difficult reality been on sharper display than during the first nine and-a-half months of the Biden presidency – a time in which the nation’s new leader has sought to respond to a long and hugely daunting list of unprecedented global and national crises, all while his party has clung to congressional majorities that have constantly wobbled between razor thin and nonexistent.

Remind yourself for a moment of the scale and scope of the challenges Biden faced when he took office in January and the limited and inadequate collection of tools that were at his disposal to tackle them.

Forty-one weeks ago, our nation had just survived a violent attempted coup d’état and the outgoing president who had spurred it on by refusing to acknowledge the fact of his defeat was about to be impeached for a second time. Meanwhile, daily deaths from a global pandemic were peaking at their highest levels, the national economy remained a mess, and a dire, worsening, and largely unaddressed environmental emergency continued to place the planet in an ever-tightening grip.

Only Abraham Lincoln and possibly Franklin Roosevelt entered their presidencies under more difficult circumstances."

https://ncpolicywatch.com/2021/11/09...circumstances/
    Last edited by gemini104104; 11-28-2021 at 02:21 AM.

17. #75 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello gemini104104,

Quote Originally Posted by gemini104104 View Post

It’s been almost 90 years since humorist Will Rogers uttered his famous lament: “I am not a member of any organized political party. I am a Democrat.” Sadly, for that party and, no doubt, quite amusingly for those otherwise affiliated, the observation would still hold were Rogers alive today.

The Democratic Party’s “big tent” may be smaller today than it was even a half-century ago when it made room for civil rights and anti-war activists, big city union hardhats, and southern segregationists, but make no mistake, 21st century party leaders must still attempt to herd an extremely unwieldy assemblage of cats.

And seldom has this difficult reality been on sharper display than during the first nine and-a-half months of the Biden presidency – a time in which the nation’s new leader has sought to respond to a long and hugely daunting list of unprecedented global and national crises, all while his party has clung to congressional majorities that have constantly wobbled between razor thin and nonexistent.

Remind yourself for a moment of the scale and scope of the challenges Biden faced when he took office in January and the limited and inadequate collection of tools that were at his disposal to tackle them.

Forty-one weeks ago, our nation had just survived a violent attempted coup d’état and the outgoing president who had spurred it on by refusing to acknowledge the fact of his defeat was about to be impeached for a second time. Meanwhile, daily deaths from a global pandemic were peaking at their highest levels, the national economy remained a mess, and a dire, worsening, and largely unaddressed environmental emergency continued to place the planet in an ever-tightening grip.

Only Abraham Lincoln and possibly Franklin Roosevelt entered their presidencies under more difficult circumstances."

https://ncpolicywatch.com/2021/11/09...circumstances/
    So true.

"Instead, under the President’s coherent, sober, and science-based leadership, the nation has aggressively locked horns with the pandemic by undertaking one of the largest and most successful mass vaccination campaigns in human history – a campaign that, despite persistent sabotage efforts from some on the political right, has saved millions of lives.

Meanwhile, thanks in large measure to Biden’s aggressive and on-the-mark stimulus policies, the economy has revived at a record pace and huge strides have been made in slashing poverty – especially child poverty.

And then there is the climate emergency, where, thanks to the President’s vision and simple common sense, the U.S. has rapidly transformed its role from that of science and reality-denying roadblock to a global leader. There are still miles to travel in this realm, but the massive infrastructure legislation finally approved this past weekend by small bipartisan majorities in both house of Congress further cements this vitally important policy 180.

Now add to all this the literally thousands of talented and diverse appointees Biden has named to the judiciary, the ambassadorial corps, and the leadership of numerous regulatory agencies – most of whom have already effected huge and positive federal policy shifts in everything from student loans to toxic chemicals to human rights – and the magnitude of his administration’s accomplishments in less than 300 days looms even larger.

Has the Biden presidency been perfect? Of course not. Like all of his predecessors, Biden has made his share of mistakes. Like Barack Obama, he’s likely wasted too much time in search of imaginary common ground with ideological conservatives determined to undermine him at every turn. While necessary, the Afghanistan withdrawal could have proceeded more smoothly. And as with many other presidents, one also yearns at times for a leader with the kind of rhetorical gifts that would enable him to easily skewer and deflate his adversaries and inspire widespread support for the kind of wholesale progressive changes the nation needs.

But, in the end, this is quibbling. In light of the huge political challenges under which he’s been forced to operate (and especially in comparison to the lawless corruption and intellectual vacuity of his predecessor that inspired night terrors in millions – maybe even billions – of humans), Joe Biden has achieved a remarkable record of accomplishment. Whatever the future holds, our nation will be forever in his debt."

18. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

gemini104104 (11-28-2021)