Members banned from this thread: AProudLefty

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: There’s No ‘Supply-Chain Shortage,’ Or Inflation. There’s Just Central Planning

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Default There’s No ‘Supply-Chain Shortage,’ Or Inflation. There’s Just Central Planning

It’s great that so many have copies of Adam Smith’s The Wealth of Nations, but very unfortunate that so few have read it.

The alleged “supply chain” problems we’re enduring right now were explained by Smith in the book’s opening pages.

Please keep this in mind as you read media coverage of the so-called “supply-chain disruptions” resulting in “shortages” that are said to be causing “inflation.”

If you want a bigger laugh, read about what Joe Biden wants to do in order to get “supply” back on the market with an eye on replenishing U.S. retail shelves that are increasingly bare. He’s decreed 24-hour port operations!

Yes, thanks to the usurper we now know what held the Soviets back, and ultimately destroyed the Soviet Union: their ports weren’t open long enough; thus the shortages of everything…

All of the above would be funny if it weren’t so sad.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/johntamny/2021/10/24/theres-no-supply-chain-shortage-or-inflation-theres-just-central-planning/amp/

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,115 Times in 12,640 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,444 Times in 1,388 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    It’s great that so many have copies of Adam Smith’s The Wealth of Nations, but very unfortunate that so few have read it.

The alleged “supply chain” problems we’re enduring right now were explained by Smith in the book’s opening pages.

Please keep this in mind as you read media coverage of the so-called “supply-chain disruptions” resulting in “shortages” that are said to be causing “inflation.”

If you want a bigger laugh, read about what Joe Biden wants to do in order to get “supply” back on the market with an eye on replenishing U.S. retail shelves that are increasingly bare. He’s decreed 24-hour port operations!

Yes, thanks to the usurper we now know what held the Soviets back, and ultimately destroyed the Soviet Union: their ports weren’t open long enough; thus the shortages of everything…

All of the above would be funny if it weren’t so sad.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/johntamny/2021/10/24/theres-no-supply-chain-shortage-or-inflation-theres-just-central-planning/amp/
    Death is very said.....and be very clear on this point....America is dying.
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Default The LA Port Situation Is Not Improving

"TAKE A FEW MONTHS OFF & STAY HOME WITH YOUR BUTT BUDDY. I'LL HANDLE YOUR JOB FOR YOU".

DHL releases service announcements every week so shippers in their network know what to expect at ports around the world. The most recent announcement shows that the situation at America’s top West Coast port complex is not improving.

Here’s DHL’s summary of the port conditions at Los Angeles/Long Beach:

Ships are waiting 13-22 days to catch a berth.

Currently there are 72 vessels waiting for a berthing spot. Both ports are seeing record volumes month after month and the ships at anchor are delayed an average of 4 days. Delays forcing the ships to wait at anchor are expected to continue for the remainder of the year.

All terminals remain extremely congested and evaluating a reduction on their window for export cargo acceptance from four to three days.

The expected spike on imports generated by the peak season and cargo pre-shipped is already here making the operation more complex.

The LAX/LGB rail operations from all terminals and the off dock ramps continues to deteriorate as demand exceeds capacity, therefore inland moves by rail can suffer considerable delays.

That’s not an encouraging description, and the waiting time and number of ships waiting have been steady for over a month now, according to DHL.

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/the-la-port-situation-is-not-improving/

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

There will be no solution to the breakdown of supply chains till the recession/depression gets here.

It wont be long now.
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Default Epic Fail: L.A. Ports Are More Clogged Now Than Before Usurper’s Supply Chain ‘Fix’

MORE JAMMED THAN BEFORE

The usurper says he’s been addressing supply chain problems “since Day One,” but that’s consisted mainly of appointing task forces and holding summits. His latest bold “action” was to beg G-20 leaders to “help address global supply chain issues.”

The one concrete step the usurper has taken was, he said, to get the Los Angeles ports to stay open 24/7, which he announced on Oct. 13. The usurper said this has the “potential to be a gamechanger.”

A White House "fact sheet" declared that it “will speed up shipments of goods throughout the country.”

Except, that’s not what’s happened.

In fact, things have gotten worse at those ports, not better, since the usurper’s “game changer.”

On Oct. 10, three days before the usurper's announcement, there were 60 container ships waiting offshore to get into the ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach, and 27 were at berths unloading or loading cargo, according to the Marine Exchange of Southern California.

This week, there were 77 container ships waiting, while 25 were berthed.

In other words, the number of container ships waiting in line has increased 28% since the usurper bragged about his action to “speed up shipments.” And two fewer were loading or unloading cargo than a month ago.

Setting up task forces and convening a bunch of “world leaders” to flap their gums about the need to work together might count as action to a guy who’s been a politician for 48 years, but it isn’t going to change the situation.

The truth is that the usurper doesn’t seem to have any idea how to deal with this problem, other than blaming the private sector, most likely because his own policies are at least partly responsible.

Critics of the $1.9 trillion partisan “rescue plan” the usurper signed in March said that it contained too many disincentives for workers to rejoin the labor market.

Lo and behold, there are chronic shortages of workers, particularly truckers, which is contributing to supply chain problems across the country. The usurper's vaccine mandate will only make worker shortages worse if the courts allow it to stand.

https://issuesinsights.com/2021/11/05/epic-fail-l-a-ports-are-more-clogged-now-than-before-bidens-supply-chain-fix/

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

One of the reasons the problem is getting worse is that double and triple what is needed is ordered in the hopes of getting what is needed in time.

Buckle Up Fuckers.

DARK AGES SUCK!

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

"I JUST MADE DIESEL PRICES GO UP AGAIN. NOW DO I GET MY ICE CREAM?"

Jon Sampson, executive director at the American Trucking Association, warned the House Agriculture Committee on Wednesday about how the supply chain will be affected amid a shortage of drivers.

Samson said there were 80,000 open truck driver jobs in the U.S., warning that larger trucking firms fear they could lose a significant portion of their workforce in part because some drivers may leave larger trucking companies for smaller ones or leave the industry entirely.

One area the truck driver shortage could contribute to supply chain issues is the distribution of agricultural products, which lawmakers on the committee warned could eventually result in food not making its way to store shelves should the shortage continue.

House Agriculture Committee Chairman David Scott (D-Ga.) called the driver shortage “a tremendous challenge” to the agricultural product supply chain.

“They hold the key as to whether or not we will have a food supply shortage,” Scott said. “We don’t have a food shortage, but the supply is in the hands of our truck drivers.”

Truck availability in 18 of 20 regions reported by the USDA is listed as a “shortage” or “slight shortage” in the report released this week. West Coast routes, including the border crossing at Nogales, Ariz., are among the most significantly impacted, according to the report. Only two regions, Mississippi and the Mexico crossing with South Texas, are listed as adequate. No region is listed as surplus, or slight surplus.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/580085-officials-warn-vaccine-mandates-could-exacerbate-truck-driver-shortage

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,307 Times in 13,426 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 843 Times in 802 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post

"I JUST MADE DIESEL PRICES GO UP AGAIN. NOW DO I GET MY ICE CREAM?"

I just noticed, there's quite a resemblance...

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

I just noticed, there's quite a resemblance...
    I looks all the world like the Chinese are already in charge, guiding us to ruin.

Buckle Up!

DARK AGES SUCK!

10. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The problem for Conservatives is this question....what do we have now as we circle the drain that warrants a stay the course approach?

The answer is almost nothing, we got here by bad thinking, by bad performance.

We Suck.

DARK AGES SUCK!

11. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,327 Times in 1,987 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 184 Times in 174 Posts

Anything mechanical has to be shut down for a minimum of 4 hours a day for maintenance. Dementia Joe is threatening to bring in the national guard to drive trucks thinking that will solve the problem. That's how out of touch dems are with reality.

The Soviet Union collapsed from many reasons but mostly corruption. The US has been drowning in corruption for a long time.

12. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by goat View Post
    Anything mechanical has to be shut down for a minimum of 4 hours a day for maintenance. Dementia Joe is threatening to bring in the national guard to drive trucks thinking that will solve the problem. That's how out of touch dems are with reality.

The Soviet Union collapsed from many reasons but mostly corruption. The US has been drowning in corruption for a long time.
    They are not even trying to solve the problem, they just want to pretend to be trying....and the people are low quality now...they will swallow the boldest of lies.

DARK AGES SUCK!

13. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,327 Times in 1,987 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 184 Times in 174 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    They are not even trying to solve the problem, they just want to pretend to be trying....and the people are low quality now...they will swallow the boldest of lies.
    When the riots start there will be nothing to loot.

14. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The usurper lied when he said the ports would be open 24/7.

The usurper’s announcement of 24/7 ports is not accurate.

Only one terminal out of the 12 in San Pedro is operating 24 hours a day — Total Terminals International (TTI) at the Port of Long Beach — and that every-second schedule is only Monday through Thursday, making it a 24/4 situation, not 24/7.

https://www.freightwaves.com/news/viewpoint-heres-the-truth-behind-the-24-7-port-operations-pledge

15. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

When the riots start there will be nothing to loot.
    When the stores are empty the looters will start breaking into homes.