… for they are many.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Tranquillus in Exile For This Post:

Bulletbob (11-03-2021)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,007 Times in 2,639 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 404 Times in 391 Posts

the one named legion that posts here is a racist shitnozzle.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Hoosier Daddy For This Post:

domer76 (11-05-2021)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

Are those Legion's aliases?

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,795 Times in 32,158 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

you have not even scratched the surface.....
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,648 Times in 51,929 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Are those Legion's aliases?
    They are the names of demons.

"My name is Legion, for we are many" is from the Bible. Mark and Luke both use the phrase, but Matthew and the other two tell the story of demons possessing a man and Jesus freeing the man by casting the demons into a herd of pigs then drowned. A fitting end for all Nazi fuckwads and demons. Maybe a little waterboarding first before actual drowning.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...05&version=NIV
    6 When he saw Jesus from a distance, he ran and fell on his knees in front of him. 7 He shouted at the top of his voice, “What do you want with me, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? In God’s name don’t torture me!” 8 For Jesus had said to him, “Come out of this man, you impure spirit!”

9 Then Jesus asked him, “What is your name?”

“My name is Legion,” he replied, “for we are many.” 10 And he begged Jesus again and again not to send them out of the area.

11 A large herd of pigs was feeding on the nearby hillside. 12 The demons begged Jesus, “Send us among the pigs; allow us to go into them.” 13 He gave them permission, and the impure spirits came out and went into the pigs. The herd, about two thousand in number, rushed down the steep bank into the lake and were drowned.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

AProudLefty (11-02-2021), ThatOwlWoman (11-02-2021), Tranquillus in Exile (11-02-2021)

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    you have not even scratched the surface.....
    Yeah. He left your name out.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jack For This Post:

AProudLefty (11-02-2021), ThatOwlWoman (11-02-2021)

11. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    They are the names of demons.

"My name is Legion, for we are many" is from the Bible. Mark and Luke both use the phrase, but Matthew and the other two tell the story of demons possessing a man and Jesus freeing the man by casting the demons into a herd of pigs then drowned. A fitting end for all Nazi fuckwads and demons. Maybe a little waterboarding first before actual drowning.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...05&version=NIV
    6 When he saw Jesus from a distance, he ran and fell on his knees in front of him. 7 He shouted at the top of his voice, “What do you want with me, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? In God’s name don’t torture me!” 8 For Jesus had said to him, “Come out of this man, you impure spirit!”

9 Then Jesus asked him, “What is your name?”

“My name is Legion,” he replied, “for we are many.” 10 And he begged Jesus again and again not to send them out of the area.

11 A large herd of pigs was feeding on the nearby hillside. 12 The demons begged Jesus, “Send us among the pigs; allow us to go into them.” 13 He gave them permission, and the impure spirits came out and went into the pigs. The herd, about two thousand in number, rushed down the steep bank into the lake and were drowned.
    OK. Thanks. I read the Bible ... but only the first part and then the last part.

12. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

OK. Thanks. I read the Bible ... but only the first part and then the last part.
    The last part is always great if you're high or drunk. Being both high and drunk might lead to rapture.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Doc Dutch For This Post:

AProudLefty (11-02-2021), Jack (11-02-2021)

14. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The last part is always great if you're high or drunk. Being both high and drunk might lead to rapture.
    I think the New Testament was written a 100 years after Jesus died, so I'm not real confident about the 'Quotes'.

15. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,041 Times in 13,848 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,042 Times in 2,838 Posts

“copy and paste” has a few, “anonymous” being the most obvious, and based upon manner of actual copy and paste insertions, quite a few others, but what difference does it make, regardless of the name, he doesn’t handle content too well

16. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    “copy and paste” has a few, “anonymous” being the most obvious, and based upon manner of actual copy and paste insertions, quite a few others, but what difference does it make, regardless of the name, he doesn’t handle content too well
    It's about some Dude from the Bible. Naturally, PMP is all over this.

17. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I think the New Testament was written a 100 years after Jesus died, so I'm not real confident about the 'Quotes'.
    The New Testament is a collection of books assembled over 300 years after Jesus....by a bunch of old white guys. LOL

The four Gospels were selected from books written beginning about 40 years after the Crucifixion. Paul, who wrote most of the NT except for the Gospels, never met Jesus in his life. Lots of Gospels were written, but only those four were stamped with approval by TPTB.

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/front...ry/mmfour.html

Then, in about the year 70, the evangelist known as Mark wrote the first "gospel" -- the words mean "good news" about Jesus. We will never know the writer's real identity, or even if his name was Mark, since it was common practice in the ancient world to attribute written works to famous people. But we do know that it was Mark's genius to first to commit the story of Jesus to writing, and thereby inaugurated the gospel tradition.

"The gospels are very peculiar types of literature. They're not biographies," says Prof. Paula Fredriksen, "they are a kind of religious advertisement. What they do is proclaim their individual author's interpretation of the Christian message through the device of using Jesus of Nazareth as a spokesperson for the evangelists' position."

About 15 years after Mark, in about the year 85 CE, the author known as Matthew composed his work, drawing on a variety of sources, including Mark and from a collection of sayings that scholars later called "Q", for Quelle, meaning source. The Gospel of Luke was written about fifteen years later, between 85 and 95. Scholars refer to these three gospels as the "synoptic gospels", because they "see" things in the same way. The Gospel of John, sometimes called "the spiritual gospel," was probably composed between 90 and 100 CE. Its style and presentation clearly set it apart from the other three.

Each of the four gospels depicts Jesus in a different way. These characterizations reflect the past experiences and the particular circumstances of their authors' communities. The historical evidence suggests that Mark wrote for a community deeply affected by the failure of the First Jewish Revolt against Rome. Matthew wrote for a Jewish community in conflict with the Pharisaic Judaism that dominated Jewish life in the postwar period. Luke wrote for a predominately Gentile audience eager to demonstrate that Christian beliefs in no way conflicted with their ability to serve as a good citizen of the Empire.

18. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The New Testament is a collection of books assembled over 300 years after Jesus....by a bunch of old white guys. LOL

The four Gospels were selected from books written beginning about 40 years after the Crucifixion. Paul, who wrote most of the NT except for the Gospels, never met Jesus in his life. Lots of Gospels were written, but only those four were stamped with approval by TPTB.

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/front...ry/mmfour.html

Some say 'Jesus' never existed.

19. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Some say 'Jesus' never existed.
    Some say Trump is a stable genius. Go figure.

20. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Some say Trump is a stable genius. Go figure.
    The Egyptians, the Greeks, never mention 'Jesus'. If the person was so fabulous, you'd think he would be the rage of the Ancient World.