Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Oregon Gov gone wild

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 623 Times in 562 Posts

Default Oregon Gov gone wild

Oregon has had leagal MJ for 10yrs.
    Now The state wants to take over growing saying only they can do it safe. And ohh by the way. They would like $100 ounce in tax. WTF
    The stone that the builder refused
    Will always be the head corner stone

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,821 Times in 6,166 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,532 Times in 1,444 Posts
    Blog Entries

How can they legally grow and sell weed? That's against federal policy, and the feds would supercede them.
    "Do not think that I came to bring peace... I did not come to bring peace, but a sword." - Matthew 10:34

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Topspin View Post
    Now The state wants to take over growing saying only they can do it safe. And ohh by the way. They would like $100 ounce in tax. WTF
    welcome to your liberal dream world. the government is there to take care of you. only THEY can grow and sell marijuana safely enough for you.
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterThanYou View Post
    welcome to your liberal dream world. the government is there to take care of you. only THEY can grow and sell marijuana safely enough for you.
    Your 100% correct, republicans are never all right or wrong and same with dems.
    Dems are using ever ounce of political gain to tax everything that moves.
    Last edited by Topspin; 03-13-2009 at 04:53 AM.

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,472 Times in 1,090 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 278 Times in 249 Posts

is that just tax or total price?

would the tax sold mj be more or less than current market...not to mention quality assurance

what would be the punishment for growing your own?
    I pledge allegiance to the constitution of the United States of America as amended by the legislative and executive branches and interpreted by the Supreme Court

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

that's tax, and I defy anyone to prove that the gov has studies showing unsafe growing.
    It's a weed, and with the right fertilizers can be grown easily. It can be grown bad but I doubt unsafe. IE Charlie browns xmas tree is not some tree I'd like to smoke.

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

that's tax, and I defy anyone to prove that the gov has studies showing unsafe growing.
    It's a weed, and with the right fertilizers can be grown easily. It can be grown bad but I doubt unsafe. IE Charlie browns xmas tree is not some tree I'd like to smoke.
    Can't be grown bad? You forget about the paraquat pot in the 80's?

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Dude, that's Reagan spraying it with poison, tic tic.

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,294 Times in 8,007 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,132 Times in 1,059 Posts
    Blog Entries

Your 100% correct, republicans are never all right or wrong and same with dems.
    Dems are using ever ounce of political gain to tax everything that moves.
    Dude, when you create a thread about a story or event you're supposed to include a link to the information.

However, the link to the information flys in the face of some of your comments ..

Bill Proposes that Oregon grow, sell pot to medical users

PORTLAND, Ore. -- The state of Oregon should be responsible for growing medicinal marijuana, not patients or caregivers, according to the sponsors of a bill working its way through a legislative committee.

House Bill 3247, co-sponsored by two Republicans and two Democrats, would transfer to the state responsibilities of cultivating, harvesting and dispensing medical pot.

“Our current system isn’t working and we need to move quickly to protect patient safety,” said Rep. Don Maurer, R-Grants Pass.

HB 3247 would direct the state to establish and operate a marijuana production facility. The state would control potency and pharmacy distribution.

Pharmacies would in turn provide the prescribed doses to cardholders and primary caregivers.

And to pay for it all, the legislation would impose a $98-per-ounce pot tax.

“Oregonians have voted to authorize the use of medical marijuana, yet the Legislature has failed to provide adequate safeguards for citizens who have a legitimate need for it,” said Rep. Carolyn Tomei, D-Milwaukie.

HB 3247 would also eliminate private medical marijuana grow sites.

Pot farmers have been investigated and arrested across the state for illegally selling marijuana to those without a medical prescription.

Medical marijuana cultivators have also been targeted by burglars, lawmakers said.

“If passed into law, this legislation will implement safe standards to dispense the drug through a tightly-controlled system,” said Rep. Jim Thompson, R-Dallas.

Beaverton Democratic Rep. Chris Barker said the bill would bring pot off the streets and into a “safer and more secure environment.”

Opponents, however, say the state has no idea what it is getting into. They say medical marijuana takes a lot of time and manpower to harvest. The bill’s opponents do not think the state will be able to handle the number of patients who rely on the drug.
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29642758/

So the truth is that both democrats AND republicans are in on this .. AND, the rationale is not that "bad weed" is being grown, but marijuana use in Oregon is still restricted to medical users. It's not legal for everybody .. which I don't agree with but there are other dimensions to this story that weren't being told.
    AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.

10. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,614 Times in 21,477 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,632 Times in 5,140 Posts
    Blog Entries

I am against the government getting into the private business of growing it, but I am not against the tax, the consumption of that product costs the government lots of money.

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

11. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

still better to just grow it yourself.
    Q: Senator Obama, would you take the same pledge? No tax increases on people under $250,000?

OBAMA: I not only have pledged not to raise their taxes, I've been the first candidate in this race to specifically say I would cut their taxes.

12. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chapdog View Post
    still better to just grow it yourself.
    Growing the precious is not as easy as dumping some seeds in dirt or water.

It takes a lot of time, effort, and knowledge.
    AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.

13. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    I am against the government getting into the private business of growing it, but I am not against the tax, the consumption of that product costs the government lots of money.
    It's analogous to prohibition.

We pay tax on alcohol.

$100.an ounce is too much, but like you, I don't mind them taxing what they grow,

14. #14 | Top
    Cancel3 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by blackascoal View Post
    Growing the precious is not as easy as dumping some seeds in dirt or water.

It takes a lot of time, effort, and knowledge.
    The retirement plan involving orange jumpsuits isn't particularly appealing either.

15. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Solitary View Post
    The retirement plan involving orange jumpsuits isn't particularly appealing either.

That's funny .. and really, really true.