Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: S C Justices Brett Kavanaugh and Amy Coney Barrett side with liberal justices

1. #91 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,424 Times in 10,050 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    Develop better vaccines and in the meantime return to normal and live with this.
    The vaccines are perfectly fine, it's the people who aren't taking them that are causing COVID to proliferate.

COVID can't proliferate if everyone is masked and vaccinated.

What is so hard to understand about that?

The absurdity of putting safety above everything else borders on hypochondria.
    So this is you waving the white flag and surrendering to COVID; because of your big, fat mouth, you played COVID down at the beginning instead of reacting appropriately, and because you did that, you turned regional outbreaks into a nationwide pandemic; and then to add more bullshit on top of that bullshit, you started throwing all this conjecture and shade around the two things that we need to do in order to end this pandemic: vaccinations and masks.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

2. The Following User Says Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

Althea (11-02-2021)

3. #92 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

OK, so I'm glad you posted these links because they're fuckin' OLD AND/OR USELESS.

The first link is from January 2021, before we even reached 1M vaccinated people.

The second link isn't really a link that contains any useful information; in fact, the link shoots down the prospect of natural immunity quite clearly and explicitly:

4. The Following User Says Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

Althea (11-02-2021)

5. #93 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,307 Times in 13,426 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 843 Times in 802 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    The vaccines are perfectly fine, it's the people who aren't taking them that are causing COVID to proliferate.

COVID can't proliferate if everyone is masked and vaccinated.

What is so hard to understand about that?
    The fact that places like Israel and Ireland are proving you dead, flat wrong. Masking and vaccines aren't a panacea nor are they particularly effective. Sure, get the vaccine if you want. It clearly does reduce the severity of Chinese Disease if you catch it. Masks are all but worthless.

So this is you waving the white flag and surrendering to COVID; because of your big, fat mouth, you played COVID down at the beginning instead of reacting appropriately, and because you did that, you turned regional outbreaks into a nationwide pandemic; and then to add more bullshit on top of that bullshit, you started throwing all this conjecture and shade around the two things that we need to do in order to end this pandemic: vaccinations and masks.
    No, this is me taking a reasonable approach to dealing with it not a hysterical, safety at all costs, approach. When you put safety ahead of everything, you lose.

6. #94 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The idea that in order to return to normal we have to have a 100% solution is insane. Safety Third. End the foolishness.
    No, you're the insane one who first lied about the virus at the beginning and played it down with Trump, and then you tried to blame it on China before pretending like your filthy ass won't catch COVID again, after already catching it once.

7. #95 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The idea here is that you are responsible for your safety, not the government, not some politician, not some public official, not through regulations and mandates.
    And that would be a lazy idea and confirms for everyone that you and the people who think like you are unfit to govern.

8. #96 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You are responsible for your safety.
    So the woman Alec Baldwin killed in the workplace was responsible for her own death?

9. #97 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

So, figure out what works for you in your situation to keep you safe from catching Chinese Disease and do it.
    It's the Trump Disease because:

"I always wanted to play it down"
    -Donald Trump, February 7th, 2020

10. #98 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Don't rely on idiots like Fauci telling you what to do
    Fauci is an expert, so I will always listen to him before I listen to you.

Figure it out for yourself using the information available.
    Well, you're all a bunch of dumbasses who don't know how to research anything, so what good is this?

One-size-fits-all mandates like masking or vaccination aren't going to keep you safe.
    LOL, OK:

11. #99 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

https://www.nih.gov/news-events/nih-...overy-covid-19
    OK so this first link is from January 2021, and the CDC/NIH said this last month:

So you might not even HAVE those antibodies if you've had COVID once, which you have.

12. #100 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

13. #101 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Because the vaccines that exist are not 100% effective.
    Yeah, but if 100% of people are vaccinated, then how does it spread?

14. #102 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

In fact they look like they may be as low as 50% effective.
    Show your work.

15. #103 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

That's part of the NIH report I linked to.
    You mean the outdated report from 11 months ago, and not the report from the CDC from one month ago that says not everyone develops antibodies after a COVID infection:

Not all persons recovering from severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) infection develop SARS-CoV-2–specific antibodies. We show that nonseroconversion is associated with younger age and higher reverse transcription PCR cycle threshold values and identify SARS-CoV-2 viral loads in the nasopharynx as a major correlate of the systemic antibody response.
    https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/27/9/21-1042_article
    The problem you always run into is that you rush through your responses here and you don't read the links you put up...or, you don't read them carefully. You rush through it sloppily, which leads to things like you using outdated, old studies that have been corrected by new ones.

It's like when one of your "very fine people" goes on about Black people vaccinating at lower rates than everyone else, but uses a study from April 2021 even though it is November 2021 and a lot changed in 7 months.

16. #104 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

If the vaccine were 100% effective as low as 60% of the population could suffice.
    Show your work.

At a 60% effectiveness, it takes nearly 100% immunization to come close to herd immunity.
    Ok, and the J&J vaccine is 75% effective, so....what else ya got?

That's why Israel and Ireland, as two examples, with high rates of vaccination are now experiencing new outbreaks.
    They didn't have high enough rates of vaccination, dude...that's why they got hit with another outbreak...and we are going to get hit with a worse one too in about 2 months.

Again, it's a fool's errand to push the vaccine forcibly on people when it is becoming ever more clear it's only of dubious effectiveness.
    So I know you're pulling these 50% effective rates out of your ass because when I go and search for them on Google, I don't get any legitimate results.

So how did you come to the conclusion that the vaccines are only 50% effective? Show your work, because I suspect you're just making shit up.

17. #105 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Instead, inform people, let them decide what to do to protect themselves, and work on a better solution / vaccine than we have..
    The vaccines and masks work just fine: