Thread: Brace yourselves....

1. #61 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,020 Times in 6,218 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 710 Times in 658 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leaningright View Post
    Yea, because you can't find anything to buy. Shelves are empty. And I figure that, like Thanksgiving, if people want a traditional Christmas meal it will cost the most it ever has.
    Everyone that complains should either apply for a shipping industry job, spend more and buy local, or just stop complaining. Nothing is changing unless people take the initiative rather than complaining Things are expensive because of worker shortages from start to finish. People found better and safer jobs during COVID. Tell me you'd have wanted to travel around and be on the road 24/7 during 2020. The backlogging at the ports don't even affect domestic foodstuff. I hear that worker production is bad enough in cattle markets that prime ribs might not be around for Christmas. We expected a lot of this lack of product all through COVID and have thanksgiving and Christmas meats vac sealed and frozen.

2. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,184 Times in 25,719 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Yea, because you can't find anything to buy. Shelves are empty. And I figure that, like Thanksgiving, if people want a traditional Christmas meal it will cost the most it ever has.
    Shelves aren't empty here... although the canned cat food shelf was running low the last time I needed it.

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

3. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello leaningright,

Isn't that true every year?

Have we ever seen a year of deflation?
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

4. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello leaningright,

Seriously? Maybe you all have everything in Florida but in other parts of the country, not so much.

https://abc7.com/covid-supply-chain-...ping/11141130/

https://flaglerlive.com/169003/whats...ves-in-stores/

https://theconversation.com/4-reason...-corner-168635

https://nypost.com/2021/10/22/retail...risis-worsens/

Our grocery stores have been among those using creative tactics to cover up empty shelves.

Sporting goods stores here have a very limited inventory (this not counting ammunition, which is another story entirely) and have had since before summer.

Home improvement stores like Lowe's and Home Depot, even local business like lumber yards and such have an extremely sub-standard inventory supply.

Have you tried to buy car parts? If you have a 2015-2019 pickup or SUV and need a rotor your going to park that vehicle for the forseeable future.

This response is to that other poster as much as it is to you. But seriously, there's a shortage of a lot of things in this country. Who is at fault. I'm withholding speculation until presented with more evidence.
    People who don't drive their vehicles 'hard' don't need rotors. Who needs the brakes? Just don't use 'em unless you have to. Then they are there for ya. Time the lights instead. Make it a challenge. Learn just when to let up on the gas. Pisses off everybody behind you but you are actually doing them a favor, saving their gas along with your own. You save gas and money. And your brakes and tires last forever, too.

What's not to like? Save money, save the environment. Time the lights. Let the vehicle slow down of it's own accord. Takes a little longer to get places sometimes but oh so much more enjoyable. Then laugh at all the fools who zoom by and go racing up ahead only to have to slam brakes for the next light. And then they spend so much time waiting at lights that the wise driver never even has to stop for.

And that day they are doing without their car because it is in the brake shop is just another day of driving for the wise driver. Likewise when the jackrabbit is at the tire shop.

That is how to maximize fuel mileage and minimize stress.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

5. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (10-27-2021)

6. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,820 Times in 17,256 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,596 Times in 4,274 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jade Dragon View Post
    Everyone that complains should either apply for a shipping industry job, spend more and buy local, or just stop complaining. Nothing is changing unless people take the initiative rather than complaining Things are expensive because of worker shortages from start to finish. People found better and safer jobs during COVID. Tell me you'd have wanted to travel around and be on the road 24/7 during 2020. The backlogging at the ports don't even affect domestic foodstuff. I hear that worker production is bad enough in cattle markets that prime ribs might not be around for Christmas. We expected a lot of this lack of product all through COVID and have thanksgiving and Christmas meats vac sealed and frozen.
    Our wealthy owners and managers moved their factories to China for unprotected workers and no environmental regulations long ago. You can not buy local. https://www.dogsnaturallymagazine.co...made-in-china/

7. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello cawacko,

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    It's kind of funny to read the responses to your original post. You're not wrong at all about the supply chain issues and current/coming shortages of good and supplies. But you have to remember on a board like this all that matters is the President. The President is basically a dictator and thus gets credit or blame for essentially every single thing that happens in the country. Therefore in this scenario these things are happening while Biden is President and thus Biden supporters go into defense mode that somehow by stating the simple facts that you did you are attacking him and by proxy them. (people on the right do the same when it is a Republican President)
    Yeah, and that's so dumb. Like the president has some kind of hidden economy gas pedal.

The big difference between how the two parties treat this is that the Republicans actually try to kill the economy while a Democrat president is in office, but the Democrats don't fight dirty or do similar things to muck up progress.

Basically, Republicans screw things up by coddling the rich, causing problems which have to be corrected by Democrats as Republicans criticize them all the while and offer no help. Democrats want to tax the rich more and get the budget more in order and Republicans attack them for that too so they can scare everybody into putting the Republicans back in for another go-around.

8. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

LOL ... You don't really know me after all the years of posting on the same message board if you are going to lump me in with the likes of O'Reilly, Limbaugh, et al. I might agree with "some" things they say but the Christmas thing...that's nuts. I say Merry Christmas to everyone...and don't even celebrate it as a "religious" holiday.

Back to "traditional" meals though. They will be the most expensive ever, with the highest price jump since 2015.

I'm sure there are those who would argue with you about the holidays not "being about" traditional foods. For some that is what they are all about. The meal. The time spent dining together for that one meal with traditional, handed down family recipes. But there are so many who would like to change "tradition" in this country. I get it. Maybe some needed to be changed but one can only push so far.
    Jarhead is a schmuck, you must know that by now.

9. #68 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Our wealthy owners and managers moved their factories to China for unprotected workers and no environmental regulations long ago. You can not buy local. https://www.dogsnaturallymagazine.co...made-in-china/
    He's only worried if there's a food shortage.

10. #69 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,820 Times in 17,256 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,596 Times in 4,274 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Primavera View Post
    He's only worried if there's a food shortage.
    Almost every once of cat and dog food is made in China. It has been spoiled a few times killing pets. Some dead pets are just the cost of doing business in China.

11. #70 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,607 Times in 17,048 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello leaningright,

People who don't drive their vehicles 'hard' don't need rotors. Who needs the brakes? Just don't use 'em unless you have to. Then they are there for ya. Time the lights instead. Make it a challenge. Learn just when to let up on the gas. Pisses off everybody behind you but you are actually doing them a favor, saving their gas along with your own. You save gas and money. And your brakes and tires last forever, too.

What's not to like? Save money, save the environment. Time the lights. Let the vehicle slow down of it's own accord. Takes a little longer to get places sometimes but oh so much more enjoyable. Then laugh at all the fools who zoom by and go racing up ahead only to have to slam brakes for the next light. And then they spend so much time waiting at lights that the wise driver never even has to stop for.

And that day they are doing without their car because it is in the brake shop is just another day of driving for the wise driver. Likewise when the jackrabbit is at the tire shop.

That is how to maximize fuel mileage and minimize stress.
    You are a lunatic....
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RB 60 For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (10-28-2021), TOP (10-28-2021)

13. #71 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,597 Times in 1,937 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 661 Times in 608 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    The annual tradition of Republicans pretending they are not allowed to say "Merry Christmas" is coming...

Will the war on Christmas be such a big deal this year, Bill O'Rilley is still on "retirement"?
    Actually it should be the seditious and war faction repuke and tRump et al cartel that should consider bracing itself at being a imminent threat against Democracy, humanity and the common decency of civilization, U.S. Constitutional law and by laws too at being incapable of coexisting in a civilized society.

14. #72 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    You are a lunatic....
    She's the stupid fuck that refuses to move over for faster traffic.

15. #73 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,102 Times in 12,629 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,441 Times in 1,385 Posts
    Blog Entries

Impact Imminent.
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

16. #74 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,607 Times in 17,048 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Primavera View Post
    She's the stupid fuck that refuses to move over for faster traffic.
    She should date TDAK...
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to RB 60 For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (10-28-2021)

18. #75 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,102 Times in 12,629 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,441 Times in 1,385 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    She should date TDAK...
    You sure do enjoy slumming it dontcha.
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!