Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Are the people being played by both parties?

1. #196 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,275 Times in 1,938 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 165 Times in 155 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    Maybe. In 2016 trump was the exception to the rule but by 2018 people started to regain their senses after two years of his bungling.
    I go by the odds and they favor republicans taking control of the house in 2023. Young folk and Black folk will not be fooled into voting for a party that mandates vaccines.

2. #197 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,503 Times in 27,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,565 Times in 18,156 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by goat View Post
    I go by the odds and they favor republicans taking control of the house in 2023. Young folk and Black folk will not be fooled into voting for a party that mandates vaccines.
    Your an idiot

3. #198 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,386 Times in 3,225 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 189 Times in 178 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    Lies
    Ruskie

4. #199 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,778 Times in 3,065 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 124 Times in 122 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabar View Post
    It certainly seems that way. I dot give a crap who the messenger is if the message makes perfect sense so please don't deflect.
    It seems that way to me too. Cenk Uygur is a complete and utter moron, as pretty much everything that comes out of his mouth is pure liberal lunacy at its finest, however he is not wrong on the fact that "both parties" (the Uniparty) are playing us for fools.

If Democrats don’t undo giant tax cuts Trump gave the wealthy and corporations, that means they are also in favor of them! That’s a fact. They have the power to do it and they won’t. You see how this shell game is played so both parties rob us blind while pretending to disagree.
    Where Cenk is a moron here is claiming that Trump gave "the wealthy and corporations" tax cuts. Trump actually gave EVERYONE (who pays taxes) tax cuts.

You will notice, if you pay close enough attention to word selection, that liberals always make use of the word "corporations" whenever they wish to attack larger businesses (such as Wal-Mart) for something (such as "the rich" "getting richer", and the "poor and middle class" "getting poorer"), yet they will always make use of the word "companies" whenever they wish to ally with such businesses and support them, usually when they are wishing to implement tyrannical mandates/regulations in order to harm smaller businesses.

Where Cenk is a bit more intelligent here is in his slight realization that the Demonkkkrat Party and the Republican Party (now controlled by RINOs, aka Demonkkkrats) are "one of the same" (aka "the Uniparty") and just put on good theater for the gullible/uninformed masses. Trump's presidency was a godsend with regard to the clear exposure of this unsettling truth.

5. #200 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Republicans are racist fascists. They prove it here every day.

6. #201 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,761 Times in 7,265 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,060 Times in 1,005 Posts

It certainly seems that way. I dot give a crap who the messenger is if the message makes perfect sense so please don't deflect.

If Democrats don’t undo giant tax cuts Trump gave the wealthy and corporations, that means they are also in favor of them! That’s a fact. They have the power to do it and they won’t. You see how this shell game is played so both parties rob us blind while pretending to disagree.

Democrats take money from anybody, just like everyone else, but when things get to the floor of Congress, the pols usually vote on straight party lines, 180º opposite of one another.

That kind of takes care of the "They're all the same" theory.

The problem is that vast over-representation for rural states prevents enough Democrats being elected to get anything done.
    The framers fucked up totally, but it's hard to get many urban Democrats [ who aren't me ] to admit it. And now gerrymandering makes it even worse.
    Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel. Samuel Johnson, 1775
    Religion....is the opiate of the people. Karl Marx, 1848
    Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose. Kris Kristofferson, 1969

7. #202 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello evince,

Oh I agree my friend

My point is keep hammering

Cheating will end as long as we keep hammering
    I am glad you agree steps must be taken to end corruption.

That must be done and the American Anti-Corruption Act must be passed at local levels and then at State levels before we can have any hope of finally passing a national anti-corruption act.

It is a long journey which must be undertaken, and every journey begins with the first step. The first step at this point is making people aware of the solution and spreading the understanding that this process is the only way it is going to happen.

We have no hope of expecting those on the receiving end of a corrupt system to change that system.

It must be done from our end.

It has to begin with we the people.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

8. #203 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,761 Times in 7,265 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,060 Times in 1,005 Posts

Pollyanna has it nailed. Anti-corruption laws enforced by corrupt agencies should take care of all of our problems.
    Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel. Samuel Johnson, 1775
    Religion....is the opiate of the people. Karl Marx, 1848
    Freedom's just another word for nothin' left to lose. Kris Kristofferson, 1969

9. #204 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,360 Times in 14,088 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NiftyNiblick View Post
    Pollyanna has it nailed. Anti-corruption laws enforced by corrupt agencies should take care of all of our problems.
    That may be cynical, but pretty damn funny nonetheless.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

NiftyNiblick (10-27-2021)

11. #205 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello evince,

Russia will kill putin in the end

Imagine what a post putin Russia looks like?
    It will certainly take his death to do it.

And Trump wants the same thing. President-for-life.

I think he should get life in another government institution.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

12. #206 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello evince,

Repair the voting system to reflect the true will of the people and we will fix everything

Democracy works

It’s why putin hates it so much

And China too
    But we can't really do that until we fix corruption.

13. #207 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,593 Times in 4,192 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,203 Times in 1,060 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    Who do you think is standing in the way of the repeal of the giant tax cuts? If Democrats had the numbers it clearly would be repealed.
    Baloney!

Democrats have spent years promising to repeal the 2017 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, which Republicans passed without a single Democratic vote and was estimated to cost nearly $2 trillion over a decade. President Biden said during a presidential debate in September that he was “going to eliminate the Trump tax cuts.”

Mr. Biden is now in the White House, and his party controls both chambers of Congress. Yet he and his aides are committing to only a partial rollback of the law, with their focus on provisions that help corporations and the very rich. It’s a position that Mr. Biden held throughout the campaign, and that he clarified in the September debate by promising to only partly repeal a corporate rate cut.

https://hotair.com/ed-morrissey/2021...manent-n379529

All BS to begin with. "Nothing will fundamentally change" is what Biden said to his corporate donors and exactly what he meant.

Enduring Legacy

Trump’s tax law could end up being one of his most enduring policy legacies -- transitioning the U.S. from having one of the highest corporate tax rates in the world to one of the lowest, after years of squabbling in Congress over how to address business taxation.

Republicans say that the overhaul made the country more competitive, while critics have said it didn’t generate the promised economic growth and investment, and largely helped wealthy donors and corporate shareholders -- deepening inequality.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ats-drop-plans
    And this is how the shell game is played.
    Last edited by Cinnabar; 10-27-2021 at 03:36 PM.
    BLUEXIT
    A Modest Proposal For Separating Blue States From Red

Dear Red-State Trump Voter,
    Let’s face it, guys: We’re done.

It is a tragedy that so much of the work that so many men and women toiled at for so long to make this a better country, and a better world, has been thrown away, leaving us all in such needless peril.

This is why our separation in all but name is necessary.

https://newrepublic.com/article/1409...mp-red-america

14. #208 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,733 Times in 14,329 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,386 Times in 1,304 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    you can blame the filibuster RULE on political parties, like democrats and republicans.......

you really should educate yourself first before trying to comment on others intelligence levels
    LOL. Nice dodge
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

15. #209 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,733 Times in 14,329 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,386 Times in 1,304 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    you obviously aren't understanding it because we currently have 'one person one vote'...........for all those that are qualified to vote in their state, anyway
    We have an electoral college that negates one person one vote
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

16. #210 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    We have an electoral college that negates one person one vote
    no, it does not, no matter how badly you need to believe it.............
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.