Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Eisenhower's Holocaust.

1. #76 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    Argumentum ad nauseam in the form of a gambler's fallacy. If there are "MANY other sources" so far you have failed to show any of them.
    In one of the links I posted, there were tons of them.

2. #77 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Taichiliberal View Post
    Possibly for Germany, but newsflash for ya, genius.....the info in question wasn't just checked out like a library....your boy did his research in Russia on the premises, and it's highly unlikely that they gifted him with a translator because he just asked.

And another eye opener for you; just because you've got a group of people who believe in something doesn't make it true. That is a common misconception in revisionism. As for your additional links, you could have saved yourself the trouble if you had read the following in my response, "...
    - The mountain of evidence has been building that Bacque's charge of the "missing million" supposedly perishing in the American (and French) POW camps in Germany and France is based on completely faulty interpretation of statistical data. There was never any serious disagreement that the German POWs were treated badly by the U.S. Army and suffered egregiously in these camps in the first weeks after the end of the war. That the chaos of the war's end would also produce potentially mismatches and errors in record keeping should surprise no one either. But there was NO AMERICAN POLICY to starve them to death as Bacque asserts and NO COVER UP either after the war. No question about it, there were individual American camp guards who took revenge on German POWs based on their hatred of the Nazis."

My links plus Post#65 offers enough academic analysis to cast more than serious doubt as to Bacque's accuracy. You're entitled to your own beliefs, but not to your own facts.

Boy, have you drank the Kool-Aid.
    http://whale.to/b/starvation_of_germans.html

3. #78 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

A fantastic display of convoluted logic on your part....if there are numerous people who present evidence that a person is wrong, then he must be right?

You do realize how stupid that is, right?
    The massed legions of people that the victors have to draw on to impose their version of history dwarf those who tell the true story. What other crap you have for me. That the Nazis did a holocaust of the jews?

4. #79 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by gemini104104 View Post
    You as a rancid troll and your bullshit site amounts to a turd compared to President Dwight D. Eisenhower's, legacy, and you want to know way? Well here are the reasons why versus your trolling gutter bs:

President Dwight D. Eisenhower as a lawfully elected POTUS:

Dwight David "Ike" Eisenhower (born David Dwight Eisenhower; /ˈaɪzənhaʊ.ər/; October 14, 1890 – March 28, 1969) was an American military officer and statesman who served as the 34th president of the United States from 1953 to 1961. During World War II, he served as Supreme Commander of the Allied Expeditionary Force in Europe, and achieved the five-star rank of General of the Army. He planned and supervised the invasion of North Africa in Operation Torch in 1942–1943 and the invasion of Normandy from the Western Front in 1944–1945.

Eisenhower was born into a large family of mostly Pennsylvania Dutch ancestry in Denison, Texas, and raised in Abilene, Kansas. His family had a strong religious background, and his mother became a Jehovah's Witness. Eisenhower, however, belonged to no organized church until 1952. He graduated from West Point in 1915 and later married Mamie Doud, with whom he had two sons. During World War I, he was denied a request to serve in Europe and instead commanded a unit that trained tank crews. Following the war, he served under various generals and was promoted to the rank of brigadier general in 1941. After the United States entered World War II, Eisenhower oversaw the invasions of North Africa and Sicily before supervising the invasions of France and Germany. After the war, he served as Army Chief of Staff (1945–1948), as president of Columbia University (1948–1953) and as the first Supreme Commander of NATO (1951–1952).

In 1952, Eisenhower entered the presidential race as a Republican to block the isolationist foreign policies of Senator Robert A. Taft, who opposed NATO and wanted no foreign entanglements. Eisenhower won that election and the 1956 election in landslides, both times defeating Adlai Stevenson II. Eisenhower's main goals in office were to contain the spread of communism and reduce federal deficits. In 1953, he considered using nuclear weapons to end the Korean War, and may have threatened China with nuclear attack if an armistice was not reached quickly. China did agree and an armistice resulted which remains in effect. His New Look policy of nuclear deterrence prioritized inexpensive nuclear weapons while reducing funding for expensive Army divisions. He continued Harry S. Truman's policy of recognizing Taiwan as the legitimate government of China, and he won congressional approval of the Formosa Resolution. His administration provided major aid to help the French fight off Vietnamese Communists in the First Indochina War. After the French left, he gave strong financial support to the new state of South Vietnam. He supported regime-changing military coups in Iran and Guatemala orchestrated by his own administration. During the Suez Crisis of 1956, he condemned the Israeli, British, and French invasion of Egypt, and he forced them to withdraw. He also condemned the Soviet invasion during the Hungarian Revolution of 1956 but took no action. After the Soviet Union launched Sputnik in 1957, Eisenhower authorized the establishment of NASA, which led to the Space Race. He deployed 15,000 soldiers during the 1958 Lebanon crisis. Near the end of his term, he failed to set up a summit meeting with the Soviets when a U.S. spy plane was shot down over the Soviet Union. He approved the Bay of Pigs Invasion, which was left to John F. Kennedy to carry out."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dwight_D._Eisenhower

Eisenhower was a today who worked for General MacArthur. There were better generals to have given the command of the European theater of war to. But his ability to kiss ass got him the position.

5. #80 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,307 Times in 13,426 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 843 Times in 802 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fortify View Post
    And, most of that traces back to Bacque. There are some on the list, like McDonogh's After the Reich: The Brutal History of Allied Occupation that use Bacque in part, and then go far afield from anything Eisenhower did like McDonogh's claims about Sudeten Germans being mistreated by the Czech government. That has nothing to do with Eisenhower.

The absurdity of Bacque's claim of somewhere around a million German POW's dying in Western Allied captivity is utterly absurd. The number captured prior to the German surrender was about 2.8 million. Roughly another 5 million were taken into custody post surrender meaning that by Bacque's numbers somewhere between 1 in 6 and 1 in 8 died in captivity. The mass graves necessary to handle the bodies don't exist. The US / Western Allies didn't run crematoria so that isn't where they went.

So, where did all these dead German soldiers end up?

Even a cursory examination of Bacque's claims show how obviously and absurdly wrong he is. To claim that those who did die, and were placed in camps were intentionally and badly mistreated is also clearly a lie. The Western Allies were trying to handle mass surrenders of me in tens to hundreds of thousands once the war ended. Even with the war coming to an end but still going, mass surrenders were problematic. There certainly was no plan to starve these men to death, or leave them exposed to the weather (however mild it might be given it was summer). Certainly the US did try to improve camp conditions as quickly as their resources allowed.

Were there individual cases of brutality by Western Allied soldiers? Absolutely. But it was neither policy nor practice of the armies as a whole.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to T. A. Gardner For This Post:

Taichiliberal (05-19-2022)

7. #81 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

And, most of that traces back to Bacque. There are some on the list, like McDonogh's After the Reich: The Brutal History of Allied Occupation that use Bacque in part, and then go far afield from anything Eisenhower did like McDonogh's claims about Sudeten Germans being mistreated by the Czech government. That has nothing to do with Eisenhower.

The absurdity of Bacque's claim of somewhere around a million German POW's dying in Western Allied captivity is utterly absurd. The number captured prior to the German surrender was about 2.8 million. Roughly another 5 million were taken into custody post surrender meaning that by Bacque's numbers somewhere between 1 in 6 and 1 in 8 died in captivity. The mass graves necessary to handle the bodies don't exist. The US / Western Allies didn't run crematoria so that isn't where they went.

So, where did all these dead German soldiers end up?

Even a cursory examination of Bacque's claims show how obviously and absurdly wrong he is. To claim that those who did die, and were placed in camps were intentionally and badly mistreated is also clearly a lie. The Western Allies were trying to handle mass surrenders of me in tens to hundreds of thousands once the war ended. Even with the war coming to an end but still going, mass surrenders were problematic. There certainly was no plan to starve these men to death, or leave them exposed to the weather (however mild it might be given it was summer). Certainly the US did try to improve camp conditions as quickly as their resources allowed.

Were there individual cases of brutality by Western Allied soldiers? Absolutely. But it was neither policy nor practice of the armies as a whole.
    Ok, you don't like Bacque. So let's leave him out of it. I glanced over what some of the other people had to say. One of them said that the allies confiscated the land on which any mass graves may have been. And they don't allow digging there. I have another website for you to dismiss. Though part of it does mention Bacque.

https://prepareforchange.net/2019/07...ed-after-wwii/

Lastly, you say that what happened wasn't policy or practiced. That was Eisenhower's whole reason for having those taken prisoner after the war labeled as Disarmed Enemy Forces.

8. #82 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,733 Times in 4,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,366 Times in 1,291 Posts
    Blog Entries

You have got to be one of the dumbest white supremacist/neo-nazi bullhorn I've come across to date.

Dear readers, note in the chronology of the posts how I and others have systematically deconstructed the OP, and Fortify's subsequent quest to deem any scholarly examination that finds his hero's work severely flawed and erroneous as "fake news".

But undaunted, our pointy hood wearing friend merely runs to a collection of myopic excerpts of historical data that has been skewed by an author with a similar mindset. Just checkout these article on the author, and you'll get my point.

Eustace Mullins

https://www.theatlantic.com/entertai...mullins/63457/

https://www.adl.org/news/article/eus...dies-at-age-86

For Fortify, as with all 3rd rate racist propagandist, they just regurgitate the SOS in various was by various like minded cretins....then they ignore any and every fact that comes from basic analysis that proves them wrong. Pathetic, but not unexpected.
    During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

George Orwell

9. #83 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,733 Times in 4,165 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,366 Times in 1,291 Posts
    Blog Entries

Originally Posted by Taichiliberal View Post
    A fantastic display of convoluted logic on your part....if there are numerous people who present evidence that a person is wrong, then he must be right?

You do realize how stupid that is, right?

The massed legions of people that the victors have to draw on to impose their version of history dwarf those who tell the true story. What other crap you have for me. That the Nazis did a holocaust of the jews?
    Aww, what's the matter toodles? Pissed that the Nazi's LOST THE WAR? That all their lies were exposed by the Allied victors? Obviously you don't realize how stupid you came off in the last exchange.

Go cry in your beer at your next cross burning.

you're just another 3rd rate racist clown humping for a forum to regurgitate the SOS you David Duke wanna be's have been doing for years. Last I heard of old Davey, he was whoring his rhetoric with the black and tan folk in the Middle East who have it in for Israel. Man, talk about irony.

You got your ass handed to you....denying it or trying to change the subject just makes you look more ridiculous. Now run-a-long and peddle the next Nazi/kkk BS. We'll just rip you another one (a guilty pleasure of mine, as I was taught not to make fun of the mentally infirm). Carry on.
    During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

George Orwell

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Taichiliberal For This Post:

christiefan915 (05-20-2022)

11. #84 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,676 Times in 14,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

12. #85 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,676 Times in 14,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

13. #86 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,785 Times in 17,104 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,344 Times in 2,263 Posts
    Blog Entries

Be careful there. I am a published military historian. My specialty is technology and such but I can hold my own on most other topics, while you link an uncredited, unsourced webpage as proof of what?

14. #87 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    So, are you on Fortify's side in this thread?

15. #88 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,785 Times in 17,104 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,344 Times in 2,263 Posts
    Blog Entries

So, are you on Fortify's side in this thread?
    This is his thread? Anyway I was laughing at your LARPing.

16. #89 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Ok, you don't like Bacque. So let's leave him out of it. I glanced over what some of the other people had to say. One of them said that the allies confiscated the land on which any mass graves may have been. And they don't allow digging there. I have another website for you to dismiss. Though part of it does mention Bacque.

https://prepareforchange.net/2019/07...ed-after-wwii/

Lastly, you say that what happened wasn't policy or practiced. That was Eisenhower's whole reason for having those taken prisoner after the war labeled as Disarmed Enemy Forces.
    Didn't vet your site did you?

For more information on this topic see books by the following authors:

James Bacque (Other Losses) (Crimes and Mercies),
    Alfred M. de Zayas (Die Wehrmacht-Untersuch ungstelle) and (The Nemisis of Potsdam),
    Guido Knopp (Die Gefangenen),
    Erich Kern and Karl Balzer (Allierte Verbrechen and Deutschen).
    The exact same names pop up again. They are the same ones who all along are making these claims and who have been thoroughly debunked as a bunch of conspiracy theorists.

Then there's this:

The book “Gruesome Harvest: The Allied Attempt to Exterminate Germany after 1945,” should be on the mandatory highschool and college reading list for history and sociology.

It is one of the few books that are available in English that address the murder of millions of non-combatant German civilians and German prisoners of war from 1944 to 1950 as a matter of deliberate allied policy...
    I bolded that, because it is belied by that thing called The Marshall Plan started in June 1947 and fully funded to the tune of $13 billion (about $120 billion today) by April 1948. If as Ralph F. Keeling, the author cited, claims how does this reconcile with some American / British plan to exterminate Germans?

But then, when I go and look up that particular book (Gruesome Harvest: The Allied Attempt to Exterminate Germany after 1945) I find it was published in 1947 and most of the claims of brutality and such aren't targeted at the Western Allies, but instead at the Russians / Soviets / Communists. For example, Keeling shows that about 680,000 German POW's at the end of the war were force marched to Russia where they were used for years as slave labor. That the Soviets demanded the Western Allies turn over any POW's that had escaped from the Soviet portion of Germany west and that to one degree or another, the Western Allies complied with this demand.

That's hardly "murder" on their part. Their erstwhile ally was making a request that prisoners--which the West had too many off to handle in any case--be returned to them because they'd escaped from their zone of control.

On the other hand, Keeling mischaracterizes US and British use of POWs as laborers-- In the US case, they were paid 80 cents a day to work just as POW's in the US were--and work for officers was voluntary per the Geneva Convention. For the enlisted, working was a way to get out of the monotony of the camps and make some money. Most POW's were more than willing to work under US supervision.

http://www.renegadetribune.com/revie...-germany-1945/

On the whole, Keeling is just another revisionist playing loose and fast with his facts, like Bacque did.

https://wearswarts.wordpress.com/201...1945-and-1948/

It appears that the Institute of American Economics was simply a small group of men headed by Keeling himself. It was not a recognised academic group as such and had close ties to antisemitism, isolationism and Nazism.
    As I started off, Keeling ignores the institution of the Marshall Plan entirely in his book.

The idea that 11 million Germans were "murdered" post war is absurd. The whole of the German army in 1945 was just 9.7 million men while the entire population of the country was about 70 million. Systematically eradicating 1 in 7 persons in Germany--more than died in the Holocaust--is something that couldn't have been covered up. Bacque, Keeling, et al., are nothing more than conspiracy theorists.

17. #90 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You have got to be one of the dumbest white supremacist/neo-nazi bullhorn I've come across to date.

Dear readers, note in the chronology of the posts how I and others have systematically deconstructed the OP, and Fortify's subsequent quest to deem any scholarly examination that finds his hero's work severely flawed and erroneous as "fake news".

But undaunted, our pointy hood wearing friend merely runs to a collection of myopic excerpts of historical data that has been skewed by an author with a similar mindset. Just checkout these article on the author, and you'll get my point.

Eustace Mullins

https://www.theatlantic.com/entertai...mullins/63457/

https://www.adl.org/news/article/eus...dies-at-age-86

For Fortify, as with all 3rd rate racist propagandist, they just regurgitate the SOS in various was by various like minded cretins....then they ignore any and every fact that comes from basic analysis that proves them wrong. Pathetic, but not unexpected.
    Just what a jew would say. I wonder how many idiot sheeple you can get to follow you. What's next. You going to tell me the holocaust was real?