Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: How great the USA would have been minus a right wing

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,020 Times in 8,278 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,673 Times in 2,479 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BidenPresident View Post
    Right winger gave us the American Revolution?! New one. Please explain.
    You see trump has a time machine. During the Vietnam War, rather than serve the USA now, he traveled back in time, killed George Washington, and took his place...

This is just sad. trump supporters are desperate for something, anything, to take credit for.

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,020 Times in 8,278 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,673 Times in 2,479 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    The Safe Drinking Water Act (SDWA) of 1974 was Republican and signed into law by Richard Nixon.
    You got literally every part of that statement wrong. It was introduced by Magnuson, a Democrat, and signed into law by Gerald Ford, not Nixon.

The first food and drug law was passed in 1906 and signed into law by Teddy Roosevelt, a Republican
    Teddy Roosevelt, a liberal Republican, was a great President in many ways. So any alt right presidents you can point to on the other side?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Walt For This Post:

PoliTalker (10-23-2021)

4. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,295 Times in 5,845 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 390 Times in 368 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabar View Post
    The very things that would enable it to thrive for all...health-wise, educationally, culturally, ecologically, etc. have been stymied and/or destroyed by the right. That is the sadness and shame of it all...the "what could have been." A decimated potential.
    Cinnaprog workin' overtime.
    Don't be afraid to see what you see

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Lightbringer For This Post:

Truth Detector (10-24-2021)

6. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,918 Times in 13,188 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 832 Times in 791 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    Blue America has Silicon Valley, Wall Street, and Hollywood. Red America has..... Fracking, but American fracking is dependent on the easy money from Wall Street, and the technology developed in California... Well Red America has.... Some good universities, but they would quickly lose them as the best and the brightest fled back to the USA.

Interesting that you would reference the Balkans. They would have done well had it not been for the constant secessionist violence... And that is all the alt right has to offer, a threat of violence.
    The Silicon in Silicon Valley is in Arizona and Texas. All that's left are the software people and they're mostly corporate slaves... Hollywood has largely left California because of environmental, health, and safety rules. Filming is done elsewhere mostly now. All that's left are the studios turned into amusement parks.
    Aerospace? Almost all gone from Blue states to Red ones. Auto manufacturing? Same thing.

https://judiciaryreport.com/hollywoo...iolent%20crime.
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ng-droves.html

And for close to a century, it was true. But today, Hollywood – the way we generally think of it – is fading away and going elsewhere. In fact, in 2017, only ten of the top 100 movies produced that year were made mostly in California.
    https://www.intellectualtakeout.org/...ng-california/
    https://variety.com/2014/film/news/e...ey-1201125523/

A growing number of TV series and film crews have left California in search of tax credits elsewhere, causing $2 billion in revenue losses over the past four years to a state that is home to Hollywood and the U.S. production industry, a report said on Thursday.
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...0FU01V20140725

Wall Street is in NYC but that's running on inertia.

That's now, but not then...
    Last edited by T. A. Gardner; 10-23-2021 at 12:23 AM.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to T. A. Gardner For This Post:

The Sage of Main Street (10-25-2021), Truth Detector (10-24-2021)

8. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,626 Times in 7,127 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,985 Times in 2,707 Posts
    Blog Entries

With Leftists running the US it would have ended up like the Balkans only poorer...

There is nothing--NOTHING-- the Left would have contributed to America that was a positive. They'd have run it into the ground and divided it like a sausage grinder...
    You just keep proving how stupid you are
    Why Biden? Because Fuck You that's why. Barack Obama has a Grammy, an Emmy, a Nobel Prize, 2 terms as President and a Twitter account.

Donald Trump has 2 impeachments.

9. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Right-wingers gave us the American Revolution and end to slavery, among other things... What has the Left given America other than higher taxes and less freedom?
    You need to stop being a moron all right-wingers give us his hate

10. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The Silicon in Silicon Valley is in Arizona and Texas. All that's left are the software people and they're mostly corporate slaves... Hollywood has largely left California because of environmental, health, and safety rules. Filming is done elsewhere mostly now. All that's left are the studios turned into amusement parks.
    Aerospace? Almost all gone from Blue states to Red ones. Auto manufacturing? Same thing.

https://judiciaryreport.com/hollywoo...iolent%20crime.
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ng-droves.html

https://www.intellectualtakeout.org/...ng-california/
    https://variety.com/2014/film/news/e...ey-1201125523/

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...0FU01V20140725

Wall Street is in NYC but that's running on inertia.

That's now, but not then...
    This is literally one of the stupidest posts ever made on the internet at any time ever

11. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by katzgar View Post
    This is literally one of the stupidest posts ever made on the internet at any time ever
    You shouldn't be so hard on yourself...

12. The Following User Says Thank You to T. A. Gardner For This Post:

13. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,785 Times in 32,151 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

How great the USA would have been minus a right wing
    by now, we could have been as great as Venezuela......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

14. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

15. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,507 Times in 1,787 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,738 Times in 1,599 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Geeko Sportivo View Post
    The Republicans have never been the same since Nixon turned out to be a crook!

It's as if they are still trying to blame the Democrats for his getting caught.

This is also where they started accusing the Media of being biased and claiming to being victimized by them.

AND SO THE PERSONAL ATTACKS ON JIMMY CARTER BEGAN. DAMNING HIM IF HE DID- AND DAMNING HIM IF HE DIDN'T- AND CLAIMING HE WAS THE WORST PRESIDENT EVER. Politics got meaner and nastier on their side of the aisle- and it just became a way of their party.

It has become a political standard for them- YOU MUST HATE YOUR POLITICAL ADVERSARIES TO BE ON BOARD WITH THEM.

Lie- Cheat- Steal- KILL- anything to win.

And so, may I introduce you to the result of all of their decades of pent up hatred for others- THEIR CHOSEN LEADER- THE SOUL OF THEIR PARTY- DONALD TRUMP!

Donald Trump saw this huge ball of hate- and said to himself- I can exploit this hatred for my own financial benefit- I can totally corrupt all three branches of the government and abuse my Executive powers to keep myself out of jail! I could even kill someone on 5th avenue in broad daylight, and they would still worship me and kiss my ass!

AND EVEN AFTER ALL OF THIS GOING ON FOR 4 LONG YEARS- THEY ALL VOTED FOR HIM AGAIN!

Whoever said- "Hate Begets Hate"- knew exactly what they were talking about.

Hateful people want the most hateful people they can find to be their leaders!

Republicans- You earned it- YOU ARE NOW OFFICIALLY THE PARTY OF HATRED, CORRUPTION, and ANARCHY!

White Nationalist marching in Charlottesville- Donald Trump referred to them as "Good People"!
    A recent biography of George 111 demonstrates pretty conclusively that he was immensely more competent, decent and law-abiding than Trump. This indicates, I think, just what the US would be if the Right had been in control - it would have gone downhill all the way, at least until the French took over.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Iolo/Penderyn For This Post:

PoliTalker (10-23-2021)

17. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

[QUOTE=T. A. Gardner;4740363 I shouldn't be so hard on myself...[/QUOTE]

go for it
    Why Biden? Because Fuck You that's why. Barack Obama has a Grammy, an Emmy, a Nobel Prize, 2 terms as President and a Twitter account.

Donald Trump has 2 impeachments.

18. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Cinnabar,

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabar View Post
    The very things that would enable it to thrive for all...health-wise, educationally, culturally, ecologically, etc. have been stymied and/or destroyed by the right. That is the sadness and shame of it all...the "what could have been." A decimated potential.
    The USA is the exemplification of all human emotions and the societal representation of maturity vs immaturity.

It is greed vs altruism.

It is responsibility vs irresponsibility.

Selfishness vs compassion.

It is freedom to express oneself in a desire to be an active responsible part of a functional society, or to be a self-centered greedy jerk.

Our politics reflects all of this. Our Constitution allows us the freedom to let this all play out.

The internet and social media allow us to share information, but there is no guarantee that the information is correct.

The power of great wealth in the wrong hands seeks to expand it's own personal wealth while shutting others out.

Big power + greed seeks to keep the masses stupid so that it is easier to take advantage of them. That's why education languishes. The greedy don't want smart masses.

Since there are so many dumb people out there who become easy targets for schemes to take advantage of them, the [powerful who are immoral] (as opposed to the powerful who are responsible) seek to get the unknowing to work their entire lives away adding to the wealth of the already wealthy.

Tabloids and talking heads aggressively mind-condition the unknowing and unaware to be good servants of the greedy and powerful by spreading rumors.

Why do you think we don't have a much better education system in the USA?

We certainly could if we wanted it.

It is those at the top who refuse to share the wealth. They have made it to the top (or were born into it) and pulled the ladder up after them.

And then they wonder what they should do with all their money.

They find that having it is not enough.

Money merely makes a good life possible. It doesn't buy it.

Relationships and social service are what makes a good life.

Contributing to humanity. Improving the planet. Improving the USA. Having great relationships with good people.

Those things are rewarding. Building wealth is merely a tool to an end. It cannot be the end.

That is why those who achieve great wealth can't stop.

You would think that once you make it to easy street the thing to do is kick back and enjoy the wealth.

But the greedy don't do that. Even after they 'have it made' they keep working, keep screwing society, keep trying to build more wealth.

For what?
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

19. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I find it hilarious that for the Left their defense is to bring up Trump and try to make this all about him. The TDS never stops...

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to T. A. Gardner For This Post:

The Sage of Main Street (10-25-2021), Truth Detector (10-24-2021)

21. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello T. A. Gardner,

With Leftists running the US it would have ended up like the Balkans only poorer...

There is nothing--NOTHING-- the Left would have contributed to America that was a positive. They'd have run it into the ground and divided it like a sausage grinder...
    Thank you for the extreme right position on this...

We look beyond this kind of post to the more reasonable and realistic contributions to the conversation.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

22. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,989 Times in 11,516 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,459 Times in 2,200 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello T. A. Gardner,

Thank you for the extreme right position on this...

We look beyond this kind of post to the more reasonable and realistic contributions to the conversation.
    Gardner is a right wing ideologue. Cannot take him seriously anymore.