Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Alec Baldwin ‘Rust’ camera crew walked off the set in protest before the fatal shooti

1. #61 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,095 Times in 12,622 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,439 Times in 1,383 Posts
    Blog Entries

Prediction: Two days top before Baldwin is on TV crying for us.
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

2. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,310 Times in 8,474 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,701 Times in 2,506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    I am waiting to see who runs and owns the production company that was built to make this movie only given the name.
    A limited liability company means that it really does not matter who owns the company. It is like asking who owns Walmart or Amazon. The corporation has a separate identity from the owners. Going after the investors would be very difficult, if not impossible.

The corporation appears to be put together for the making of one movie, which is never going to be made. That makes its only assets the money set aside for making the movie, which will be drained quickly just to pay the bills.

Luckily, there is still insurance. The insurance companies are going to take the hit on this one.

3. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,615 Times in 10,048 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,101 Times in 1,013 Posts

Everything was caught on film.

Needs to be released..if he was a cop it would be

4. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    A limited liability company means that it really does not matter who owns the company. It is like asking who owns Walmart or Amazon. The corporation has a separate identity from the owners. Going after the investors would be very difficult, if not impossible.

The corporation appears to be put together for the making of one movie, which is never going to be made. That makes its only assets the money set aside for making the movie, which will be drained quickly just to pay the bills.

Luckily, there is still insurance. The insurance companies are going to take the hit on this one.
    Gross negligence would change things.
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

5. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I have no information on who insured this movie, I only know that somebody did. It might not have been an insurance company, or even a company.

Maybe the Mind Molders will clue me in.
    It would be impossible to make the movie without insurance. Even if state law did not require it, the companies that rent the equipment would require it. And of course the unions would require it.

6. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,826 Times in 3,622 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 368 Times in 352 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Is there a point to this thread?
    Was trying to figure that out myself.

7. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

According to the records, the gun was one of three that the film’s armorer had set on a cart outside the wooden structure where a scene was being acted. Assistant director Dave Halls grabbed the gun from the cart and brought it inside to Baldwin, unaware that it was loaded with live rounds, a detective wrote in the search warrant application.
    https://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment...-work-80732360
    If you want to blame Baldwin for anything, it is accepting a gun from an assistant director. It is the firearm prop people who should be handing the gun to him. Random people handling the gun is a blatant sign of carelessness. It should never have happened.

Weapons safety on movie sets has been so good for nearly 30 years that they may have forgotten how dangerous a weapon on a movie set is. It is a common problem. Safety is so good that people forget about safety, and becomes bad.

8. #68 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by volsrock View Post
    Everything was caught on film.

Needs to be released..if he was a cop it would be
    Given that it is digital, and the camera may have been destroyed, it might not be on "film". Also, only the gun pointed at the camera would be caught on film. The decisions that led to that gun being there is not on camera. So the important part would almost certainly not be recorded.

As for releasing cop footage, most is not released, and that which is can often take months. There have been cases where people have been in prison for years before they could get access to the footage that freed them.

9. #69 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Gross negligence would change things.
    Gross negligence is very hard to prove, as trump has proven over and over again. They might be able to go after the 24 year old firearms prop master, but not much money there. Going after an executive producer(not involved in the day to day) who owns a slice of the corporation, would be nearly impossible, even if he did literally pull the trigger.

10. #70 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    Gross negligence is very hard to prove, as trump has proven over and over again. They might be able to go after the 24 year old firearms prop master, but not much money there. Going after an executive producer(not involved in the day to day) who owns a slice of the corporation, would be nearly impossible, even if he did literally pull the trigger.
    I dont know this.

We will see what happens.

DARK AGES SUCK!

11. #71 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

This is not the first I have heard about prop firearms safety on movie sets. But before, I always heard that there was an insane amount of safety on these sets, and nothing could possibly go wrong...

Now I hear about a 24 year old firearms prop master, setting out four guns on a table, and then shouting out to an assistant director which gun to grab and hand to the actor. There are questions whether the young prop master called out the wrong gun, or whether the assistant director grabbed the wrong gun, but there is a more important question, WHY THE HELL WAS ANY OF THIS HAPPENING???

There is no way on earth that an assistant director should be touching a gun; the prop master should be taking personal responsibility. Loaded and unloaded guns should not be sitting on a table together. Guns should not be sitting on a table unattended. The prop master should not be so young, when dealing with weapons. There needs to be an apprenticeship period, that cannot be completed by age 24.

Worse yet, we learn that things were so lax, AFTER THERE HAD ALREADY BEEN SEVERAL ACCIDENTS!!!

This is the first firearms death on an American movie set in almost 30 years. Over that time, there has been about a million firearms deaths off movie sets. Hollywood has had an admirable firearms safety record since the death of Brandon Lee, but this is a total disgrace.

12. #72 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

And now for the really big question:

Will Alec Baldwin cry of us tomorrow?

DARK AGES SUCK!

13. #73 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,822 Times in 1,527 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 73 Times in 73 Posts

Was Barney Fife alex Baldwins fire arm instructor or was it shot gun Biden .

14. #74 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 69,341 Times in 52,394 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,513 Times in 2,470 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by volsrock View Post
    Alec Baldwin ‘Rust’ camera crew walked off the set in protest before the fatal shooting

Labor trouble had been brewing for days on the dusty set at the Bonanza Creek Ranch near Santa Fe.

The cinematographer who was accidentally killed, Halyna Hutchins, had been advocating for safer conditions for her team, said one crew member who was on the set.

As the camera crew — members of the International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees — spent about an hour assembling their gear at the Bonanza Creek Ranch, several nonunion crew members showed up to replace them, the knowledgeable person said.

A member of the producer staff then ordered the union members to leave the set. She said if they didn’t leave, the producers would call security to remove them.

“Corners were being cut — and they brought in nonunion people so they could continue shooting,” the knowledgeable person said.

There were two misfires on the prop gun on Saturday and one the previous week, the person said, adding “there was a serious lack of safety meetings on this set.”

The shooting occurred about six hours after the union camera crew left.

Baldwin, the film’s star who also served as a producer on the film, was apparently rehearsing a scene outside the church of the Bonzana Creek Ranch set...

The scene involved a gun fight that began in the church, and then Baldwin’s character was supposed to back out of the church, according to production notes obtained by The Times. It was the 12th day of a 21-day shoot.

https://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...walked-off-set

There were two misfires on the prop gun on Saturday and one the previous week, the person said, adding “there was a serious lack of safety meetings on this set.”

So known problems and nothing was done about it
    Wow! Look at you. Who'd have figured you to be a Tabloid Hollywood fan and pro-union supporter??

Is this like when Rosey Grier revealed he liked to knit to relax? You like to read the tabloids and learn all the latest inside Hollywood gossip?

Here's more gossip for you, girl! https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity...brities-react/
    Alec Baldwin’s ‘Rust’ Tragedy: Debra Messing, Elijah Wood and More Stars React
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

15. #75 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Wow! Look at you. Who'd have figured you to be a Tabloid Hollywood fan and pro-union supporter??

Is this like when Rosey Grier revealed he liked to knit to relax? You like to read the tabloids and learn all the latest inside Hollywood gossip?

Here's more gossip for you, girl! https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity...brities-react/
    Alec Baldwin’s ‘Rust’ Tragedy: Debra Messing, Elijah Wood and More Stars React
    You have failed to understand the meaning of the word gossip.

DARK AGES SUCK!