Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Alec Baldwin ‘Rust’ camera crew walked off the set in protest before the fatal shooti

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,096 Times in 12,623 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,439 Times in 1,383 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    A prop, formally known as (theatrical) property, is an object used on stage or screen by actors during a performance or screen production. In practical terms, a prop is considered to be anything movable or portable on a stage or a set, distinct from the actors, scenery, costumes, and electrical equipment. Consumable food items appearing in the production are also considered props.

Stop being a retard for even a few minutes for once.
    Alternative opinion:

Part of movie-making is convincing the viewer that the impossible is possible, and when it comes to action films, this task often includes gunfights. One of the biggest misconceptions in Hollywood surrounds what are today all too commonly called “prop guns,” because technically these weapons don’t exist.

Simply put, the guns that fire on screen aren’t “props.” Rather, these are typically very real firearms that have been modified so they can shoot blanks. The only time a firearm should be called a “prop” is when it is completely non-functional.
    https://www.gunpowdermagazine.com/th...-in-hollywood/

Also keep in mind that reports are that this was a real bullet, which would mean that the gun used was not modified to only shoot blanks......this could be a serious liability problem for Baldwin as producer and I suspect principle in the production company (I have been unable to verify this).
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 96 Times in 88 Posts
    Blog Entries

Conservatives are using this man that accidently killed a white lady producers, saying that Alec B. should want Trump back on twitter.

3. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,784 Times in 17,103 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,343 Times in 2,262 Posts
    Blog Entries

This just in.

SANTA FE, N.M. (AP) — Alec Baldwin was handed a loaded weapon by an assistant director who indicated it was safe to use in the moments before the actor fatally shot a cinematographer, court records released Friday show.

The assistant director did not know the prop gun was loaded with live rounds, according to a search warrant filed in a Santa Fe court.

Cinematographer Halyna Hutchins was shot in the chest on the set of a Western starring Baldwin. Director Joel Souza was wounded. The records said he was standing behind her.

The warrant was obtained Friday so that investigators could document the scene at the ranch where the shooting took place. It notes that Baldwin’s blood-stained costume for the film “Rust” was taken as evidence, as was the weapon that was fired.

https://apnews.com/article/entertain...58f406cd3cbee9

4. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Alternative opinion:

https://www.gunpowdermagazine.com/th...-in-hollywood/

Also keep in mind that reports are that this was a real bullet, which would mean that the gun used was not modified to only shoot blanks......this could be a serious liability problem for Baldwin as producer and I suspect principle in the production company (I have been unable to verify this).
    See my post above.

5. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Reports are that the production company was making people work 12 hours days PLUS making them burn about 2 hours a day in commute.....which is another liability problem.

People getting sloppy from exhaustion was forseeable.
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

6. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,615 Times in 10,048 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,101 Times in 1,013 Posts

This just in.

SANTA FE, N.M. (AP) — Alec Baldwin was handed a loaded weapon by an assistant director who indicated it was safe to use in the moments before the actor fatally shot a cinematographer, court records released Friday show.

The assistant director did not know the prop gun was loaded with live rounds, according to a search warrant filed in a Santa Fe court.

Cinematographer Halyna Hutchins was shot in the chest on the set of a Western starring Baldwin. Director Joel Souza was wounded. The records said he was standing behind her.

The warrant was obtained Friday so that investigators could document the scene at the ranch where the shooting took place. It notes that Baldwin’s blood-stained costume for the film “Rust” was taken as evidence, as was the weapon that was fired.

https://apnews.com/article/entertain...58f406cd3cbee9
    So if someone hands u a gun..u will not check to see if its loaded?

thats rule number 1

7. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by volsrock View Post
    So if someone hands u a gun..u will not check to see if its loaded?

thats rule number 1
    To be fair, he's used to it.

8. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

This just in.

If the assistant director is handing the weapon to Baldwin does this mean that they did not even have a weapons expert?

That would certainly I think be a huge liability problem...especially because this deadly event was not the first weapons problem on the set, which had at most been running only two weeks. I am trying to find out when shooting started.

DARK AGES SUCK!

9. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    If the assistant director is handing the weapon to Baldwin does this mean that they did not even have a weapons expert?

That would certainly I think be a huge liability problem...especially because this deadly event was not the first weapons problem on the set, which had at most been running only two weeks. I am trying to find out when shooting started.
    Yep. Yuge liability problem. They be fucked royally sideways.

10. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Baldwin the anti gun advocate apparently said over and over again immediately after he pulled the trigger "Why was I given a hot gun? (paraphrase?)".

I get the sense that he has near zero gun safety knowledge even though he is so aggressively anti-gun.

He has been seen crying at least once since then.

DARK AGES SUCK!

11. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Yep. Yuge liability problem. They be fucked royally sideways.
    Baldwin has about $60 million, a nice ripe target.

Also this movie likely does not get made, there are lots of bills that somebody will need to pay.

DARK AGES SUCK!

12. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,593 Times in 4,192 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,203 Times in 1,060 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt McGirt View Post
    If you read the entire article the prop folks were still union. It was the camera crew that was replaced.
    Replacement, non-union worker was in charge of Alec Baldwin’s deadly prop gun
    https://editorials24.com/2021/10/rep...adly-prop-gun/
    BLUEXIT
    A Modest Proposal For Separating Blue States From Red

Dear Red-State Trump Voter,
    Let’s face it, guys: We’re done.

It is a tragedy that so much of the work that so many men and women toiled at for so long to make this a better country, and a better world, has been thrown away, leaving us all in such needless peril.

This is why our separation in all but name is necessary.

https://newrepublic.com/article/1409...mp-red-america

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinnabar For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (10-22-2021)

14. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

$6 million was the target budget.

DARK AGES SUCK!

15. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnabar View Post
    Replacement, non-union worker was in charge of Alec Baldwin’s deadly prop gun
    https://editorials24.com/2021/10/rep...adly-prop-gun/
    That certainly makes it sound like there was no weapons master at all.

That would be a huge fucking liability issue.

DARK AGES SUCK!

16. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Its not just the money....Baldwin is considered Hollywood royalty.....if he was cutting corners to be cheap and somebody died then even someone of his stature will take a massive reputation hit I think. Everyone knows that getting these types of movies financed has become very difficult, but you cant be abusing crew and you sure as shit cant be getting people killed on set.

This movie is/was Baldwin's Baby....everyone understands this.

His career might be in trouble.
    Last edited by Hawkeye10; 10-22-2021 at 07:48 PM.

DARK AGES SUCK!