Page 14 of 52 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: Alec Baldwin Fired Prop Gun That Killed Halyna Hutchins, Injured Director

1. #196 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,031 Times in 8,286 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,673 Times in 2,479 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bulletbob View Post
    Now walt I doubt a blank would have enough force to to send a bullet down range with any real force.
    Well, it certainly had enough force to send a bullet into Lee killing him. I guess we can all feel better that your "expertise" is not used in movie making life and death situations.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Walt For This Post:

AProudLefty (10-22-2021)

3. #197 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,581 Times in 9,703 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,312 Times in 1,210 Posts
    Blog Entries

Has Baldwin been arrested yet?

4. #198 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,762 Times in 17,092 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,343 Times in 2,262 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Eagle View Post
    For what?

5. #199 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,549 Times in 14,032 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,451 Times in 1,370 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Eagle View Post

^^^^^^
    Poor loser who wears plaid skirts, all alone with nothing to do
    “If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

ברוך השם

6. #200 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,031 Times in 12,561 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,404 Times in 1,348 Posts
    Blog Entries

I have now read about a dozen Mind Molder accounts, not a single one identifies who was responsible for the weapons on set.
    This illegal illegitimate regime that runs America is at fault...not me.... they do not represent me and I have long objected to their crimes against humanity.

7. #201 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,940 Times in 13,201 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 832 Times in 791 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    You are just speculating.
    No, that's exactly how you turn over firearms from one watch section to the next. Law enforcement is no different. It might be different with units in actual combat areas, I don't know on that, but the peacetime norm is exactly as described.

8. #202 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    No, that's exactly how you turn over firearms from one watch section to the next. Law enforcement is no different. It might be different with units in actual combat areas, I don't know on that, but the peacetime norm is exactly as described.
    See my post above. Apparently it had live rounds.

9. #203 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Rust will employ about 75 crew members, 22 principal actors and 230 in background talent, all from New Mexico
    https://www.santafenewmexican.com/ne...113169f78.html

So the person in charge of the weapons was local. Are they experienced? Did the insurance company sign off?
    This illegal illegitimate regime that runs America is at fault...not me.... they do not represent me and I have long objected to their crimes against humanity.

10. #204 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

See my post above. Apparently it had live rounds.
    Okay. Then it's still Baldwin's fault in part for not checking the status of the firearm he was handed. I'd assume it was a revolver being a western movie of some sort. You release the cylinder, and inspect the load. Either pull and check each round, reinserting it, or by looking at the front of the cylinder. You can tell blanks from live ammo either way. Relock the cylinder in place and put the safety on if the gun has one. I don't know what their protocol for having an empty chamber under the hammer is. That is, sometimes you are supposed to have leave the chamber under the hammer empty for extra safety. After all, the cylinder rotates when you cock or pull the trigger (depending on single- or double-action) so you get a round under the hammer when you go to fire. This just leaves you one round short (5 instead of 6 normally).

11. #205 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    https://www.santafenewmexican.com/ne...113169f78.html

So the person in charge of the weapons was local. Are they experienced? Did the insurance company sign off?
    My understanding is that this was a budget film so the people bankrolling it were cutting corners left and right to keep costs down.

12. #206 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

How many experienced Hollywood armorers live in New Mexico?

When production companies get pressured by the state to use all local people (as is common) is it then the state that becomes responsible for disasters such as this?

13. #207 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Okay. Then it's still Baldwin's fault in part for not checking the status of the firearm he was handed. I'd assume it was a revolver being a western movie of some sort. You release the cylinder, and inspect the load. Either pull and check each round, reinserting it, or by looking at the front of the cylinder. You can tell blanks from live ammo either way. Relock the cylinder in place and put the safety on if the gun has one. I don't know what their protocol for having an empty chamber under the hammer is. That is, sometimes you are supposed to have leave the chamber under the hammer empty for extra safety. After all, the cylinder rotates when you cock or pull the trigger (depending on single- or double-action) so you get a round under the hammer when you go to fire. This just leaves you one round short (5 instead of 6 normally).
    Alec Baldwin was handed a loaded weapon by an assistant director who indicated it was safe to use in the moments before the actor fatally shot a cinematographer, court records released Friday show.

So the assistant director didn't check after the prop people checked it?

So ultimately who is to be blamed?

14. #208 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Alec Baldwin was handed a loaded weapon by an assistant director who indicated it was safe to use in the moments before the actor fatally shot a cinematographer, court records released Friday show.

So the assistant director didn't check after the prop people checked it?

So ultimately who is to be blamed?
    Baldwin first. The person with the weapon in hand has ultimate responsibility for its safe use. The assistant director and prop people bear less blame, but are to a degree responsible too as they didn't check the weapon's status as it moved from one person to the next.

15. #209 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

My understanding is that this was a budget film so the people bankrolling it were cutting corners left and right to keep costs down.
    I think they did a deal with the state, which mandated local people be used.....but ya....lack of money is clearly part of the problem here. I am reminded of the Argentinian sub disaster, where all were lost in large part because everything was done on the cheap. I said then that Argentina was responsible at the top of the food chain, because any country that cant/wont spend enough to operate and rebuild subs correctly should not be doing it at all. If the production company was not willing or able to get together enough money to make this movie safely then they should not have made it at all. Also the state should not have allowed them to make it. Where the fuck was the state here?

16. #210 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,571 Times in 17,095 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

You assume he had the expertise. He had people to do that. Blaming him is Bullshit.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

AProudLefty (10-22-2021)