Thread: Idaho Collapsing Under Pandemic, But Still Not Getting Vaccinated

1. #61 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,752 Times in 33,622 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,065 Times in 4,683 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by domer76 View Post
    Yeah, that’s great, but I live in Boise and got breakthrough COVID from my asymptomatic grandkids. They got it in their anti-vax school district.

I agree. Let the unvaxxed idiots die off, but I was sicker than hell for a couple weeks with longer to fully recover. I avoided the need for a doctor or hospital, but that bug was a bitch.

So, the unvaxxed still pose a risk to us all.
    I’m glad you recovered, wondered where you were.

2. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,172 Times in 10,390 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,876 Times in 4,194 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    I’m glad you recovered, wondered where you were.
    Been a bitch of a month.

In my company, we have both union and non-union stores. I was in a non-union store until July, when I transferred to a union store, so my insurance carrier changed. I transferred back to non-union after 6 weeks. In the meantime, my non-union insurance was inactivated.

At the beginning of September, I’m on vacation and truly off the grid. I sprained my ankle hiking, so that ended my vacation. I got close enough to civilization to call home and found out that my wife contracted COVID. So, I return home immediately.

I go in on Sept. 17 to test for COVID and find that my insurance in inactive. In limbo due to transferring between union and non-union. Great. I test positive for COVID, have a severely sprained ankle and no insurance. FUCK!

Luckily, neither one of us required hospitalization. Just sick as hell for a couple weeks. But, REALLY stressed about the insurance thing and NOBODY can seem to help me. Uncountable hours on the phone.

It took forever to wade through the FMLA crap and for some (still) unknown reason, my short term disability thing was cancelled 8/31. No biggie. Don’t need the $$.

Happy ending. All dental, vision and health insurance has been reinstated. Still haven’t looked into the disabilty thing, but that’s WAY down the list of priorities.

Pretty effed up, huh?

3. The Following User Groans At domer76 For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (10-23-2021)

4. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,010 Times in 8,272 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,673 Times in 2,479 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    /shrugs......and you edited out the fact that New York has 50% more deaths per million people than Idaho....anything less than that is not the real number......we both know why you don't want the real number, don't we......
    I accept your real numbers, but you cannot accept my real numbers, because they collapse your entire fantasy.

5. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Lionfish View Post
    Live in fear Wally, most sane people have been out and about doing our thing. Stay in the basement and we will call and tell you when it is time to come up for air.
    With vaccination, and other reasonable policies we can take care of Covid-19. The alt right just needs to grow up, put on their big boy pants, and start acting like they are adults.

6. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,240 Times in 2,333 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 161 Times in 150 Posts
    Blog Entries

And if you have a serious medical problem anywhere else in the state, COVID or other, you head to one of those few population centers who have the facilities to handle it.
    So what you’re saying is if Idaho had a larger population, with more hospitals, we probably would never had heard of this? I also can’t help but wonder how many illegal aliens president ‘tater head has flown into Idaho under cover of darkness.
    “The Communist party must control the guns.”
    ― Mao Tse-tung

“Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything.”-Generally attributed to Uncle Joe Stalin

“Everything under heaven is in utter choas; the situation is excellent.”
    ― mao tse-tung

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Callinectes For This Post:

8. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Callinectes View Post
    So what you’re saying is if Idaho had a larger population, with more hospitals, we probably would never had heard of this? I also can’t help but wonder how many illegal aliens president ‘tater head has flown into Idaho under cover of darkness.
    I always have to shake my head at you morons that do the “so what you’re saying” bullshit. Don’t try to put words in my mouth, asshole. What I post is straightforward and clear. Crystal. I can’t help it if you’re to fucking stupid to comprehend simple English

9. The Following User Groans At domer76 For This Awful Post:

10. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    We tried to tell them it was foolish to avoid vaccination.

Now look at them.

And here we are. Liberals, paying the bills for Trump partisans, again.

This gets so old.

Some people need to wise up.
    People are literally dying saying they would rather die than admit they were wrong about the vaccine. It is bizarre.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Walt For This Post:

PoliTalker (10-22-2021)

12. #68 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Yakuda View Post
    As covid cases drop like a rock in evil Florida huh?
    The death rate has dropped from eight times New York's rate to "only" two times New York's rate... But the next wave will see it go back up to the higher number.... And the lower number is nothing to be proud of.

13. #69 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Walt,

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    People are literally dying saying they would rather die than admit they were wrong about the vaccine. It is bizarre.
    It's just a very strong cult. I became concerned about it even before the 2016 election. I realized that Trump has this Elvis-like draw. Once people become enamored with him it becomes extremely difficult to give it up. They will go to extraordinary lengths to support him no matter what suggests they shouldn't. It has not mattered how many lies he told or what bad things he has done. Obviously this is the acid test. Are they willing to die for him. Sadly, the answer is yes. That's how strong the cult is.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

14. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

15. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Walt (10-22-2021)

16. #70 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    It's just a very strong cult. I became concerned about it even before the 2016 election. I realized that Trump has this Elvis-like draw. Once people become enamored with him it becomes extremely difficult to give it up. They will go to extraordinary lengths to support him no matter what suggests they shouldn't. It has not mattered how many lies he told or what bad things he has done. Obviously this is the acid test. Are they willing to die for him. Sadly, the answer is yes. That's how strong the cult is.
    Even before Covid-19, it was a death cult. They were the only demographic in America with a falling life expectancy. More people have died from their falling life expectancy than have died in the USA from AIDS (in ten times the amount of time).

They are dying in great numbers, and are violently opposed to getting help... Or at least help in not dying. They demand help in killing themselves.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Walt For This Post:

PoliTalker (10-22-2021)

18. #71 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,167 Times in 7,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,196 Times in 1,111 Posts

Potato heads in taterland!

A movie coming to a theater near you soon!

19. #72 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Walt,

Even before Covid-19, it was a death cult. They were the only demographic in America with a falling life expectancy. More people have died from their falling life expectancy than have died in the USA from AIDS (in ten times the amount of time).

They are dying in great numbers, and are violently opposed to getting help... Or at least help in not dying. They demand help in killing themselves.
    Sad to see America falling for such nonsense. I wish people in our country were better informed.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

20. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

21. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Walt (10-22-2021)

22. #73 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,780 Times in 32,146 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

I accept your real numbers, but you cannot accept my real numbers, because they collapse your entire fantasy.
    my numbers are just numbers.......yours are agenda......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

23. #74 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,240 Times in 2,333 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 161 Times in 150 Posts
    Blog Entries

I always have to shake my head at you morons that do the “so what you’re saying” bullshit. Don’t try to put words in my mouth, asshole. What I post is straightforward and clear. Crystal. I can’t help it if you’re to fucking stupid to comprehend simple English
    So what you’re saying is, like any good lefty, you can state a "problem" in a "straightforward and clear" manner, but you don't have a solution or you don't like the solution in place at the moment. Got it.

Sam used to be good at solving similar problems:
    “The Communist party must control the guns.”
    ― Mao Tse-tung

“Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything.”-Generally attributed to Uncle Joe Stalin

“Everything under heaven is in utter choas; the situation is excellent.”
    ― mao tse-tung

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Callinectes For This Post:

25. #75 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Callinectes View Post
    So what you’re saying is, like any good lefty, you can state a "problem" in a "straightforward and clear" manner, but you don't have a solution or you don't like the solution in place at the moment. Got it.

Sam used to be good at solving similar problems:
    Right, I’m supposed to solve the problem of hospitals being overwhelmed by the anti-vaxxers in this state.

You’re a fucking idiot.

26. The Following User Groans At domer76 For This Awful Post: