Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What will happen to Biden's agenda and the 2022 midterms

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,978 Times in 32,293 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

I can sympathize with the demmycrats.......I felt the same way in 2004 when the Republicans frittered away their control of the government......
    Last edited by PostmodernProphet; 10-21-2021 at 05:38 PM.
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Truth Detector (10-21-2021)

3. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,405 Times in 9,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Guille View Post
    The prediction is in the books. We'll see if you're a prophet or just guilty of wishful thinking.
    Works for me. If I’m wrong I like my crow well done.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Concart For This Post:

anonymoose (10-21-2021), Lightbringer (10-22-2021)

5. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,785 Times in 17,104 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,344 Times in 2,263 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    ...and you think that's a bad thing?
    Yes. Remember you think it's a bad thing that AOC is the head of the Democratic party.

The shoes are on you.

6. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gemini104104 View Post
    Actually I wonder what will happen to the seditious republican agenda should a large amount of them in Congress are subpoenaed, indicted and come under criminal accountability as in arrested over their efforts to overthrow Democracy, society and the common decency of civilization at being paid dirty money to do the bidding of foreign enemies in particular?
    They are destroying their brand. That’s a large part of it. Republicans running for Congress are faced with an impossible choice made more difficult by their votes (or lack there of) and their need to have accomplished something. And Trump seals the deal. He is the genie. They wished for the wrong things.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Concart For This Post:

PoliTalker (10-21-2021)

8. #35 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,617 Times in 17,056 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Yes. Remember you think it's a bad thing that AOC is the head of the Democratic party.

The shoes are on you.
    Yes. I think she's an America hating nut case.

Again yes. I wear shoes every day. That neuropathy shit, ya know....
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to RB 60 For This Post:

10. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Yes. I think she's an America hating nut case.

Again yes. I wear shoes every day. That neuropathy shit, ya know....
    So is Trump. Glad you agree that he's a bad thing for the GOP. Even his own supporters are turning back on him. Not a good outlook.

11. #37 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,617 Times in 17,056 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

So is Trump. Glad you agree that he's a bad thing for the GOP. Even his own supporters are turning back on him. Not a good outlook.
    I didn't mention TRUMP!

DUH!
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to RB 60 For This Post:

13. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I didn't mention TRUMP!

DUH!
    Yes you did.

TRUMP!
    You get triggered every time someone even makes the remotest reference.

14. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,556 Times in 2,630 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 217 Times in 212 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    After much wailing and gnashing of teeth, all designed as a political theater, this is what is about happen:

After Joe Manchin's 'compromise' Voting Rights Act received exactly zero Republican votes, Manchin will, with much consternation, declare that the filibuster must remain in place but be changed to a talking filibuster. Manchin will make a huge show out of saying that debate is important but the institutions in place in the Senate should be respected. After the rules have been modified, the current cloture rules will be rendered meaningless, the filibuster will no longer be a tool to block EVERY Democratic Bill, and a Voting Rights Act will pass that will render many of the new state laws meaningless.

Meanwhile, the BBB plan (child care, health care, clean energy etc.) will pass with a price tag at around 2 trillion over ten years. The provisions of the bill, which will pass with exactly zero Republican votes, will be wildly popular, and while Republicans are campaigning with the single goal of not pissing off Trump, Democrats will point to the huge initiatives they have passed for the American people.

As for Republicans, their role in the 1/6 insurrection will become apparent, Trump, facing criminal and civil litigation will spend most of the next year whining about the last election and attacking anyone who he feels has wronged him. The GOP is slaughtered in races up and down the ballot.

That's what will happen. Dems win HUGE.
    the only thing this post is lacking is the pom poms.

sis boom bah!

you are a cheer leader. nothing more.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to zymurgy For This Post:

16. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,948 Times in 1,418 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 111 Times in 104 Posts

The Virginia governor race is in a dead heat, so you evaluation is way off. Women that ran from Trump to Biden have learned what a mistake that was as they continue to pay too much for various goods and services. Virginia of all places is looking to elect a republican governor, that will set the midterms.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Stringfellow Hawk For This Post:

18. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,247 Times in 13,970 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,056 Times in 2,851 Posts

After much wailing and gnashing of teeth, all designed as a political theater, this is what is about happen:

After Joe Manchin's 'compromise' Voting Rights Act received exactly zero Republican votes, Manchin will, with much consternation, declare that the filibuster must remain in place but be changed to a talking filibuster. Manchin will make a huge show out of saying that debate is important but the institutions in place in the Senate should be respected. After the rules have been modified, the current cloture rules will be rendered meaningless, the filibuster will no longer be a tool to block EVERY Democratic Bill, and a Voting Rights Act will pass that will render many of the new state laws meaningless.

Meanwhile, the BBB plan (child care, health care, clean energy etc.) will pass with a price tag at around 2 trillion over ten years. The provisions of the bill, which will pass with exactly zero Republican votes, will be wildly popular, and while Republicans are campaigning with the single goal of not pissing off Trump, Democrats will point to the huge initiatives they have passed for the American people.

As for Republicans, their role in the 1/6 insurrection will become apparent, Trump, facing criminal and civil litigation will spend most of the next year whining about the last election and attacking anyone who he feels has wronged him. The GOP is slaughtered in races up and down the ballot.

That's what will happen. Dems win HUGE.
    As much as I hate to say it, ain’t happening, demographics and history isn’t on the Democrats side

I think they will pass the both proposals, and take a celebratory tour, which hopefully will cut the potential loses, but ain’t seeing a Democrat majority return to the Senate and particularly the House.

Get ready for the little Jimmy Jordan and Fox investigation of anything and everything Biden, Hunter being at the top the agenda

19. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    As much as I hate to say it, ain’t happening, demographics and history isn’t on the Democrats side

I think they will pass the both proposals, and take a celebratory tour, which hopefully will cut the potential loses, but ain’t seeing a Democrat majority return to the Senate and particularly the House.

Get ready for the little Jimmy Jordan and Fox investigation of anything and everything Biden, Hunter being at the top the agenda
    IMHO history is tossed out the window, because there has never been a Trump before. He's so far 2-2 in costing Republicans Senate seats, and I think he's at least a -20 seat drag on the Republicans in the House. That being said, that is highly dependent on a Voting Rights Act passing, it is the single most important issue there is. It has to be done, or all bets are off.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Concart For This Post:

PoliTalker (10-21-2021)

21. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,307 Times in 13,426 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 843 Times in 802 Posts

The Democrats are almost certain to lose control of Congress in 2022. If that happens, Biden's whole Progressive agenda is dead and buried. Now, whether Biden shifts to the Center or not remains to be seen. If he doesn't he'll be reduced to his "pen and phone" like Obama for his remaining two years. If he shifts and tries to actually work with Republicans it might be he salvages something from his time in office, but I don't think he's anywhere near as politically savvy and competent as Clinton, or even Obama, was.

Instead, I expect him to rail against the Republicans, continue his tired old tag lines... Oh, come on man, here's the deal... with nobody listening to him ramble on. On things like immigration expect a shit storm or investigations and such into that after 2022.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to T. A. Gardner For This Post:

23. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,477 Times in 22,782 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,245 Times in 2,985 Posts
    Blog Entries

What will happen to Biden's agenda and the 2022 midterms
    The Democratic Party of the Jackass will suffer a massive setback and lose their majorities in the House and in the Senate. Biden's agenda will be D O A.

In 2024, if Biden lives that long, Republicans will take back the White House. Fascist leaning leftists will continue pounding their fists on the table, lying and crying about how unfair elections are.
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Address the topic, not other posters.

24. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,477 Times in 22,782 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,245 Times in 2,985 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gemini104104 View Post
    Actually I wonder what will happen to the seditious republican agenda should a large amount of them in Congress are subpoenaed, indicted and come under criminal accountability as in arrested over their efforts to overthrow Democracy, society and the common decency of civilization at being paid dirty money to do the bidding of foreign enemies in particular?
    ^Shrill, unhinged and triggered dumbass doesn't know what sedition means or what a crime is.
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Address the topic, not other posters.