1. #61 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello T. A. Gardner,

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    The Democrats are almost certain to lose control of Congress in 2022. If that happens, Biden's whole Progressive agenda is dead and buried. Now, whether Biden shifts to the Center or not remains to be seen. If he doesn't he'll be reduced to his "pen and phone" like Obama for his remaining two years. If he shifts and tries to actually work with Republicans it might be he salvages something from his time in office, but I don't think he's anywhere near as politically savvy and competent as Clinton, or even Obama, was.

Instead, I expect him to rail against the Republicans, continue his tired old tag lines... Oh, come on man, here's the deal... with nobody listening to him ramble on. On things like immigration expect a shit storm or investigations and such into that after 2022.
    Incorrect. He is the president. People listen.

Kudos to him for offering Republicans a chance to be in on the process, but there is no point in trying to compromise with them. The Trump party is extremist.

Biden's challenge is bringing Democrats together.

And Biden is just the man for the job. He has spent his entire career working with people of differing views, making inroads, making things work when they seemed impossible.

Don't forget. Obama was highly unpopular but still won a second term when it came down to it. This is the low point. It's all up from here.

Republicans are seen as a threat to the nation and the economy with their debt limit nonsense.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello archives,

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Those Senate seats were in 2020 when the Trump off the rail tour had just begun, but now the rest of the GOP has jumped on the wagon, and as much as his name identification will hurt some, for most, it will be business as usual. Ain’t seeing it in the House, as I noted, demographics and history ain’t on the Democrats side, and let me add, I hope I am wrong

No Voting Right’s Act is passing, Mitch won’t allow it, and the filibuster ain’t happening
    You could be right but it isn't over until it's over. No time to cash it in now.

Manchin believes in voting rights. He knows what Republicans are doing is wrong and dangerous, worse than gerrymandering.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

3. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,167 Times in 7,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,196 Times in 1,111 Posts

Nothing ever turns out exactly how we think they will today. This is not the same political theater it was for so many decades.

Donald Trump and this Virus has literally changed the American way and nothing will fall under the category of "predictable" anymore- AND NOTHING WILL REMAIN EXACTLY THE SAME ANYMORE- especially regarding elections.

What is more likely is a series of FIRST TIME EXPERIENCES for America! Donald Trump has presented America with many first time experiences- and for me personally, they were mostly and strictly very unpleasant ones that didn't settle very well with me.

Some of these first time experiences in our immediate future will be new highs- and some will be new lows for America- and those will be determined by which side of the aisle you are on!

I like the efforts of Joe Biden and the Democrats- I think the direction they are trying take the country in is 100% better than the direction the Republicans are trying to take the country in- I think the Vocal and Voting majority of Americans agree with me- regardless as to whether they are willing to admit it or not.

AND I LIKE OUR CHANCES IN THE MID-TERM ELECTIONS!

I think our next election will have "Democracy" on the ballot- FIRST, FOREMOST, and UTMOST. And the outcome will come down to who all votes to PRESERVE IT vs. who all votes to DESTROY it!

The winners will decide Democracy's fate!
    Last edited by Geeko Sportivo; 10-21-2021 at 01:34 PM.

4. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,956 Times in 10,497 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 573 Times in 557 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Dutch View Post
    Agreed. Shooting angry Trumpers should be a national pastime.
    Quote Originally Posted by BidenPresident View Post
    Only conclusion. Going to a Christian school causes you to be a mass murderer.

5. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,959 Times in 6,246 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 483 Times in 453 Posts

It will be a figurative Dem bloodbath. No one wants to live in dictatorship.

6. #66 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,507 Times in 16,971 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post

Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RB 60 For This Post:

Jack (10-21-2021), Lightbringer (10-22-2021)

8. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,780 Times in 32,146 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    IMHO history is tossed out the window, because there has never been a Trump before.
    lol.....sad little demmycrat forgets Trump is not running for office in 2022......I wonder if the demmycrats remember how to run a campaign which is not based on "I am not Bush" or "I am not Trump"......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

9. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Lightbringer (10-22-2021)

10. #68 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    No Voting Right’s Act is passing, Mitch won’t allow it, and the filibuster ain’t happening
    thanks, Mitch.....
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

11. #69 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    I'm a glass half full guy.
    you're a "rich conservatives should buy me two more glasses" guy......

12. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Lightbringer (10-22-2021)