Thread: What will happen to Biden's agenda and the 2022 midterms

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,477 Times in 22,782 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,245 Times in 2,985 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
    he is still the head of the GOP. deal with it.
    Apparently it is something unhinged idiots like you on the left can't deal with.
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

2. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    Will you will reach orgasm? (you won't be fucking a tree, will you?)

3. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

of course. he is a piece of shit.

BUT TRUMP!!!
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.

4. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

laughing at dumbfuck jackoffs like you who want trump to grab your pussy without asking....while saying biden is too flaky!! this bitch thought the colonists controlled the airports and the skies during 1776!!!

5. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lionfish View Post
    '

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Truth Detector For This Post:

Bulletbob (10-21-2021)

7. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,239 Times in 13,964 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,053 Times in 2,848 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    IMHO history is tossed out the window, because there has never been a Trump before. He's so far 2-2 in costing Republicans Senate seats, and I think he's at least a -20 seat drag on the Republicans in the House. That being said, that is highly dependent on a Voting Rights Act passing, it is the single most important issue there is. It has to be done, or all bets are off.
    Those Senate seats were in 2020 when the Trump off the rail tour had just begun, but now the rest of the GOP has jumped on the wagon, and as much as his name identification will hurt some, for most, it will be business as usual. Ain’t seeing it in the House, as I noted, demographics and history ain’t on the Democrats side, and let me add, I hope I am wrong

No Voting Right’s Act is passing, Mitch won’t allow it, and the filibuster ain’t happening

8. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    The Democrats are almost certain to lose control of Congress in 2022. If that happens, Biden's whole Progressive agenda is dead and buried. Now, whether Biden shifts to the Center or not remains to be seen. If he doesn't he'll be reduced to his "pen and phone" like Obama for his remaining two years. If he shifts and tries to actually work with Republicans it might be he salvages something from his time in office, but I don't think he's anywhere near as politically savvy and competent as Clinton, or even Obama, was.

Instead, I expect him to rail against the Republicans, continue his tired old tag lines... Oh, come on man, here's the deal... with nobody listening to him ramble on. On things like immigration expect a shit storm or investigations and such into that after 2022.
    A GOP Congress has no intention of doing anything or working with anyone, that ain’t Mitch, it will be just the usual obstruct and “investigate”we have always seen from the GOP. Biden will be, as you phrase it, “pen and phone” President

And as mentioned above, one thing the GOP does do is endless redundant “investigations,” names as Issa, Chaffetz, Gouda, Nunes, Meadows, and of course little Jimmy Jordan are the party’s icons for the last fifteen years and not one of them is famous for even introducing any legislation in Congress. Being a real representative and working to advance the country doesn’t create the two minute sound bites Fox and the like depend upon

9. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,822 Times in 1,527 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 73 Times in 73 Posts

After much wailing and gnashing of teeth, all designed as a political theater, this is what is about happen:

After Joe Manchin's 'compromise' Voting Rights Act received exactly zero Republican votes, Manchin will, with much consternation, declare that the filibuster must remain in place but be changed to a talking filibuster. Manchin will make a huge show out of saying that debate is important but the institutions in place in the Senate should be respected. After the rules have been modified, the current cloture rules will be rendered meaningless, the filibuster will no longer be a tool to block EVERY Democratic Bill, and a Voting Rights Act will pass that will render many of the new state laws meaningless.

Meanwhile, the BBB plan (child care, health care, clean energy etc.) will pass with a price tag at around 2 trillion over ten years. The provisions of the bill, which will pass with exactly zero Republican votes, will be wildly popular, and while Republicans are campaigning with the single goal of not pissing off Trump, Democrats will point to the huge initiatives they have passed for the American people.

As for Republicans, their role in the 1/6 insurrection will become apparent, Trump, facing criminal and civil litigation will spend most of the next year whining about the last election and attacking anyone who he feels has wronged him. The GOP is slaughtered in races up and down the ballot.

That's what will happen. Dems win HUGE.
    fuck joe biden you got some surprises coming

10. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,405 Times in 9,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Those Senate seats were in 2020 when the Trump off the rail tour had just begun, but now the rest of the GOP has jumped on the wagon, and as much as his name identification will hurt some, for most, it will be business as usual. Ain’t seeing it in the House, as I noted, demographics and history ain’t on the Democrats side, and let me add, I hope I am wrong

No Voting Right’s Act is passing, Mitch won’t allow it, and the filibuster ain’t happening
    I'm a glass half full guy. I think this entire 'compromise' Voting Rights Act that Manchin proposed was just a dance to give him an excuse to support the talking filibuster change. Sausage making has always been an ugly process, this is no different, except for the smaller margin for error. Without a Voting Rights Act, Manchin may keep his job but will lose his power. I thnk he knows that.

11. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Bulletbob View Post
    fuck joe biden you got some surprises coming
    Amazing how “bobbie” just always has such content driven posts to offer, I suppose we should thank him, otherwise one would have to hang around a middle school cafeteria to hear what he delivers daily

12. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Concart,

After much wailing and gnashing of teeth, all designed as a political theater, this is what is about happen:

After Joe Manchin's 'compromise' Voting Rights Act received exactly zero Republican votes, Manchin will, with much consternation, declare that the filibuster must remain in place but be changed to a talking filibuster. Manchin will make a huge show out of saying that debate is important but the institutions in place in the Senate should be respected. After the rules have been modified, the current cloture rules will be rendered meaningless, the filibuster will no longer be a tool to block EVERY Democratic Bill, and a Voting Rights Act will pass that will render many of the new state laws meaningless.

Meanwhile, the BBB plan (child care, health care, clean energy etc.) will pass with a price tag at around 2 trillion over ten years. The provisions of the bill, which will pass with exactly zero Republican votes, will be wildly popular, and while Republicans are campaigning with the single goal of not pissing off Trump, Democrats will point to the huge initiatives they have passed for the American people.

As for Republicans, their role in the 1/6 insurrection will become apparent, Trump, facing criminal and civil litigation will spend most of the next year whining about the last election and attacking anyone who he feels has wronged him. The GOP is slaughtered in races up and down the ballot.

That's what will happen. Dems win HUGE.
    Love it. Sounds extremely plausible.

Basically, it is sausage time.

Nobody wants to watch sausages being made, but they sure like 'em served nicely on their plate!

Lawmaking is like sausage making.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

13. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I'm a glass half full guy. I think this entire 'compromise' Voting Rights Act that Manchin proposed was just a dance to give him an excuse to support the talking filibuster change. Sausage making has always been an ugly process, this is no different, except for the smaller margin for error. Without a Voting Rights Act, Manchin may keep his job but will lose his power. I thnk he knows that.
    True, and I’m amazed that the Democrats on the fence don’t realize now that they have bought up the discussion over the filibuster that Mitch will definitely do it the first chance he gets, just like the fictitious “Biden rule” he employed to deny Obama his SCOTUS Judge

But, being realistic, ain’t seeing it, and just like most of them, Manchin values his job most of all

14. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,176 Times in 14,712 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 952 Times in 936 Posts
    Blog Entries

The midterms will be more brutal than they were on Obama. Democrats in the House are already announcing their retirements.
    IMPEACH 46 FOR TREASON
    Biden/Harris 2024
    IT'S A NO BRAINER!

15. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Concart,

They are destroying their brand. That’s a large part of it. Republicans running for Congress are faced with an impossible choice made more difficult by their votes (or lack there of) and their need to have accomplished something. And Trump seals the deal. He is the genie. They wished for the wrong things.
    Well, when you have no platform...
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

16. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Concart,

IMHO history is tossed out the window, because there has never been a Trump before. He's so far 2-2 in costing Republicans Senate seats, and I think he's at least a -20 seat drag on the Republicans in the House. That being said, that is highly dependent on a Voting Rights Act passing, it is the single most important issue there is. It has to be done, or all bets are off.
    I don't see why Manchin won't support that. He is a Democrat.