Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Conservatives Are Happier Than Liberals. Discuss.

1. #226 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,761 Times in 17,091 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,342 Times in 2,261 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    Well it's true. Of course, she's hardly alone in Congress at one of these hearings to use such poor legal form in a line of questioning.
    LOL. She could easily obliterate you in a debate. You don't even have a working knowledge of the fallacies.

2. #227 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,929 Times in 13,196 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 832 Times in 791 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    LOL. She could easily obliterate you in a debate. You don't even have a working knowledge of the fallacies.
    Harris? She couldn't debate her way out of wet paper sack. Now, Trey Goudy? He's dangerous. I would not want to debate him.

3. #228 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Harris? She couldn't debate her way out of wet paper sack. Now, Trey Goudy? He's dangerous. I would not want to debate him.
    LOL. You claimed that Harris committed a few fallacies in her questioning. Are you actually saying that Barr cannot recognize those fallacies and failed to point them out?

You are truly hilarious. Never change.

4. #229 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,929 Times in 13,196 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 832 Times in 791 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    LOL. You claimed that Harris committed a few fallacies in her questioning. Are you actually saying that Barr cannot recognize those fallacies and failed to point them out?

You are truly hilarious. Never change.
    I think Barr tried to maintain decorum there as Harris badgered him. It's nothing new, and I've seen Republicans do it too. It's just those in Congress aren't generally the sharpest tools in the shed. They're often just tools.

5. #230 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I think Barr tried to maintain decorum there as Harris badgered him. It's nothing new, and I've seen Republicans do it too. It's just those in Congress aren't generally the sharpest tools in the shed. They're often just tools.
    LOL.

Well okay.

6. #231 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,512 Times in 16,974 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
    you have no intellect. here is a video showing her complete dominance over, until he aligned himself to tightly to traitor trump, a lawyer and attorney general who had respect from both sides of the aisle. he made her look like some rube who just fell off the turnip truck, and you keep talking about her private sex life. you are such a shallow bitch!!

William Pelham "Bill" Barr is an American attorney who served as the 77th and 85th United States attorney general in the administrations of Presidents George H. W. Bush and Donald Trump. From 1973 to 1977, Barr was employed by the Central Intelligence Agency. Wikipedia
    Born: May 23, 1950 (age 71 years), New York, NY
    Full name: William Pelham Barr
    Spouse: Christine Barr (m. 1973)
    Children: Mary Daly
    Education: The George Washington University Law School (1977), MORE
    Previous offices: United States Attorney General (2019–2020), MORE
    She's still a ho.
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

7. #232 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,674 Times in 14,047 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

8. #233 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Flash,

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    Never heard Thomas Edsall accused of having a conservative slant. Would a liberal slant be more acceptable?

The sentence you cited was from only one of the studies. Clearly, some of the other studies have a different slant.

I have no opinion on this issue, but do you have any evidence to support or challenge the assertion that conservatives are happier than liberals?

Most of the studies cited on JPP showing any difference in IQ, knowledge, etc. between liberals and conservatives are somewhat questionable (although statistically sophisticated). The operationalization of terms is simplistic.

Liberals and conservatives on JPP seem bitter, cranky, foul mouthed, hostile, and think the other side is evil and responsible for the world's problems.
    The problem with such studies is there is no way to exclude personal opinion. The way the questions are asked produces bias. We have seen these studies show the exact opposite results depending on who conducts them.

Since there is nothing truly quantifiable on the subject I have nothing more than my own personal point of view.

I am liberal, quite happy, and quite content with my life. I love my life. I love people. I love being a human on Earth and being an American. Naturally, I find it hard to accept a study that says my experience should not be possible. I don't like to talk about myself here so I can't really give any details of how I have such a wonderful life, but I know I most certainly do. How else could I come in here, such a rough place, and so easily deal with all these really rude people? I've got my priorities in order. Respect is the key.

Even when I place somebody on Ignore, I don't insult them. I actually wish them well. I sincerely do hope that they have a good life and find the personal peace I know.

Life can be so fabulous. I know it because I live it. I know most people are not ready to accept such civility and peace so I have to simply push them gently away. That is how I protect my own space. I don't want my thoughts poisoned with such stress. I think the key is stress management. Taking active measures to protect oneself from stress and grief. That is how it is done.

I'm sure there are conservatives who have done this. There are some here, such as yourself, who are able to conduct civil conversations. Although I don't know if you really consider yourself a conservative. Your views seem that way to me because I am liberal. But even you. I have seen you go off on others. I don't know if you are as happy and satisfied with your life as I am with mine. And what difference would it make if we could quantify such a thing? It can't be done.

Personal anecdotes are the last thing to be convincing of anything in a discussion board. These studies are tainted with them in hidden ways. There is just no way to scientifically gauge happiness. One can only opine. Which is all I have done, and all they can do. All I know is I am there. I feel so lucky to be so content. It didn't come naturally. I wanted it. I had to make it happen. I did. I am not allowing anyone to mess it up. I know how to nurture happiness. And it can totally be done as a liberal. I flatly reject the study results on that simple basis.

I don't think political views have anything to do with happiness and contentment. No correlation can be made.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

9. #234 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,007 Times in 2,639 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 404 Times in 391 Posts

That is the worst line of questioning she could possibly use. It is a complex question fallacy.

Why? Because as Barr says to her, "suggested?" It is clearly an attempt at entrapment rather than a question aimed at legal proofs. That is, the question is so broad and sweeping in its wording as to be meaningless. Yet, politically it is obviously meant to get a yes answer even if that answer is about something like an off hand suggestion by some staff member without any merit.
    Harris is a hack. She's always been a hack. She's clearly not all that bright.
    fuck you. you are so stupid you cannot even watch a video and get a clue. jeezus christ, what the fuck is wrong with you? do you try to ignore facts even as they are slapping you right across your huge gaping piehole?

10. #235 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    She's still a ho.
    you are a lying piece of shit. fuck off, boy.

11. #236 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,419 Times in 16,408 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,433 Times in 1,355 Posts
    Blog Entries

This is not a happy post.....

12. #237 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,786 Times in 32,152 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post

Conservatives Are Happier Than Liberals. Discuss.
    happily.....
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

13. #238 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,786 Times in 32,152 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

I am being as honest as I can be, in all my life, it is my observation people who do not discriminate against minorities, are accepting of others gender and sexual identities, do not call a bunch of poor people walking towards our border an "invasion," and who could never vote for a sick ass piece of shit liar like trump are much happier than right wingers. how can you hate so many people and be happy?
    to be honest, you haven't been happy since 2016......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

14. #239 | Top
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,512 Times in 16,974 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

Truth slaps you in the face and you're still too incompetent to acknowledge it. Idiot.
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

15. #240 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    This is not a happy post.....
    as a woman, you might think you would call out these sexist clowns who judge her by sexual rumors of her private life, but totally accept the 23 charges of assault against trump and his talk about grabbing pussy....but you are a hypocrite, or you would not be a trump voter.