Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: In-N-Out Burger tells San Francisco 'we refuse to become the vaccination police'

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,581 Times in 2,074 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 92 Times in 88 Posts

Default In-N-Out Burger tells San Francisco 'we refuse to become the vaccination police'

Beloved California burger chain In-N-Out is firing back against San Francisco’s vaccine mandate. The company blasted the city after the Department of Public Health temporarily shut down its Fisherman’s Wharf location on Oct. 14. for not checking customers' vaccine cards. It's the only San Francisco restaurant that’s been closed for violating the indoor vaccinate mandate, the health department said.

Despite multiple warnings, In-N-Out employees continued to let customers into the restaurant without verifying their vaccination status since at least late-September. (The city’s indoor vaccine mandate for businesses, including restaurants, went into effect on Aug. 20). In-N-Out acknowledged the enforcement violation, calling San Francisco’s indoor vaccination requirement “intrusive, improper, and offensive” governmental “overreach.”

“We refuse to become the vaccination police for any government,” In-N-Out’s Chief Legal and Business Officer Arnie Wensinger said in a statement. “It is unreasonable, invasive, and unsafe to force our restaurant associates to segregate customers into those who may be served and those who may not, whether based on the documentation they carry, or any other reason.”

The temporary closure of the 333 Jefferson St. outpost, the only In-N-Out in San Francisco, was first reported by local TV station Kron4.

The Department of Public Health said it asked In-N-Out to correct the violations multiple times since late September, after a complaint was filed with the city’s 3-1-1 service center line. After an initial visit on Sept. 24, health inspectors returned on Oct. 6 and found that the In-N-Out was still not enforcing the vaccine mandate. The public health department said it “attempted multiple times to bring the business into compliance with the health order” before shutting In-N-Out down last Thursday, Oct. 14.

“The business was instructed to cease all operations on site immediately because of the threat it poses to public health,” the Department of Public Health said in a statement.

In-N-Out had posted required signage about the city’s vaccine requirement, but employees were not enforcing it, Wensinger confirmed. The restaurant has since reopened but is no longer offering indoor dining.

This is the most brazen example of a San Francisco restaurant pushing back against the indoor vaccine check. But mask mandates and other coronavirus requirements have been a flashpoint for restaurants throughout the pandemic, including some Bay Area owners that made headlines for defying public health orders. In Mendocino, a now-closed cafe went viral for charging customers who wear face coverings a fee.

In-N-Out did not immediately respond to a question about what the company’s opposition to vaccine checks means for locations in Contra Costa County or Los Angeles, both of which require proof of vaccination for indoor dining. The chain doesn’t have any restaurants in Berkeley, the only other Bay Area city with an indoor vaccine mandate.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/food/art...e-16546650.php

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ziggy For This Post:

Stretch (10-19-2021)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,834 Times in 6,110 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 710 Times in 658 Posts
    Blog Entries

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,036 Times in 13,846 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,042 Times in 2,838 Posts

Fine their ass, hit them in the pocketbook, and they’ll change their practices

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,968 Times in 14,555 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 949 Times in 933 Posts
    Blog Entries

Makes me hungry for an In and Out Burger.
    IMPEACH 46 FOR TREASON
    Biden/Harris 2024
    IT'S A NO BRAINER!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ExpressLane For This Post:

Lionfish (10-19-2021)

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,544 Times in 9,995 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,099 Times in 1,011 Posts

You have to show an ID to get a hamburger, but not to vote

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to volsrock For This Post:

Lionfish (10-19-2021), PostmodernProphet (10-19-2021), Stone (10-19-2021)

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,544 Times in 9,995 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,099 Times in 1,011 Posts

We can now demand that all businesses screen for dangerous diseases brought in by illegals, such as TB?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to volsrock For This Post:

Lionfish (10-19-2021)

11. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,503 Times in 27,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,565 Times in 18,156 Posts
    Blog Entries

12. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,956 Times in 10,497 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 573 Times in 557 Posts
    Blog Entries

I now know my favorite burger joint.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Dutch View Post
    Agreed. Shooting angry Trumpers should be a national pastime.
    Quote Originally Posted by BidenPresident View Post
    Only conclusion. Going to a Christian school causes you to be a mass murderer.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Lionfish For This Post:

Stretch (10-19-2021)

14. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,007 Times in 2,639 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 404 Times in 391 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ziggy View Post
    Beloved California burger chain In-N-Out is firing back against San Francisco’s vaccine mandate. The company blasted the city after the Department of Public Health temporarily shut down its Fisherman’s Wharf location on Oct. 14. for not checking customers' vaccine cards. It's the only San Francisco restaurant that’s been closed for violating the indoor vaccinate mandate, the health department said.

Despite multiple warnings, In-N-Out employees continued to let customers into the restaurant without verifying their vaccination status since at least late-September. (The city’s indoor vaccine mandate for businesses, including restaurants, went into effect on Aug. 20). In-N-Out acknowledged the enforcement violation, calling San Francisco’s indoor vaccination requirement “intrusive, improper, and offensive” governmental “overreach.”

“We refuse to become the vaccination police for any government,” In-N-Out’s Chief Legal and Business Officer Arnie Wensinger said in a statement. “It is unreasonable, invasive, and unsafe to force our restaurant associates to segregate customers into those who may be served and those who may not, whether based on the documentation they carry, or any other reason.”

The temporary closure of the 333 Jefferson St. outpost, the only In-N-Out in San Francisco, was first reported by local TV station Kron4.

The Department of Public Health said it asked In-N-Out to correct the violations multiple times since late September, after a complaint was filed with the city’s 3-1-1 service center line. After an initial visit on Sept. 24, health inspectors returned on Oct. 6 and found that the In-N-Out was still not enforcing the vaccine mandate. The public health department said it “attempted multiple times to bring the business into compliance with the health order” before shutting In-N-Out down last Thursday, Oct. 14.

“The business was instructed to cease all operations on site immediately because of the threat it poses to public health,” the Department of Public Health said in a statement.

In-N-Out had posted required signage about the city’s vaccine requirement, but employees were not enforcing it, Wensinger confirmed. The restaurant has since reopened but is no longer offering indoor dining.

This is the most brazen example of a San Francisco restaurant pushing back against the indoor vaccine check. But mask mandates and other coronavirus requirements have been a flashpoint for restaurants throughout the pandemic, including some Bay Area owners that made headlines for defying public health orders. In Mendocino, a now-closed cafe went viral for charging customers who wear face coverings a fee.

In-N-Out did not immediately respond to a question about what the company’s opposition to vaccine checks means for locations in Contra Costa County or Los Angeles, both of which require proof of vaccination for indoor dining. The chain doesn’t have any restaurants in Berkeley, the only other Bay Area city with an indoor vaccine mandate.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/food/art...e-16546650.php
    do they make their food preparers wear gloves and hair nets when they prepare food or is that a violation of their rights? fuck those assholes.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Hoosier Daddy For This Post:

AProudLefty (10-21-2021)

16. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,007 Times in 2,639 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 404 Times in 391 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lionfish View Post
    I now know my favorite burger joint.
    you are a really stupid bitch!!

17. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

If it is the LAW they'll have to be. Or they can close down.

In other news, liquor stores REFUSE to be the underage drinking police!!!! Good luck with that.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Micawber For This Post:

AProudLefty (10-21-2021)

19. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
    you are a really stupid bitch!!
    I'm for unvaxed bounties. Anyone who reports an unvaxed sonofabitch who is in a burger joint gets a 10 K bounty.

20. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,785 Times in 32,151 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
    do they make their food preparers wear gloves and hair nets when they prepare food or is that a violation of their rights? fuck those assholes.
    I think you should boycott them and eat only at Burger King.....for all our sakes.....
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

21. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Stone (10-19-2021)

22. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,785 Times in 32,151 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    I'm for unvaxed bounties. Anyone who reports an unvaxed sonofabitch who is in a burger joint gets a 10 K bounty.
    pay for it with California's new tax on Texans......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

23. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Fine their ass, hit them in the pocketbook, and they’ll change their practices
    that's pretty fascist move. The government wants them to check vaxx cards at the door?