Thread: netflix and chappelle cancel cancel culture

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,326 Times in 9,834 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 511 Times in 484 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default netflix and chappelle cancel cancel culture

New York (CNN)Netflix fired an employee for sharing "confidential, commercially sensitive information" outside of the company about Dave Chappelle's controversial stand-up special "The Closer," the company confirmed to CNN on Saturday. The employee leaked the information to Bloomberg, which published it in an article on Wednesday.

The unidentified employee was an organizer of an upcoming walkout by the company's trans employees, according to a report by The Verge.
    The Bloomberg report said that Netflix spent $24.1 million on the "The Closer," while "Squid Game," the company's biggest debut hit, cost the streaming giant $21.4 million.
    Netflix said a review of its internal access logs showed that only one person viewed sensitive title data, and that person downloaded and shared it externally.
    "The Closer" has been criticized by advocacy groups such as GLAAD as being transphobic. The trans employee resource group at Netflix is planning a walkout on October 20 to protest both Chappelle's special and statements in support of the comedian by Netflix CEO Ted Sarandos, The Verge report sa

https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/16/media...lle/index.html
    morality is a set of beliefs, attitudes, and behaviors that facilitate voluntary, cooperative and mutually beneficial relationships.

Trump Wins,
    by definition
    https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/trump

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blackwater Lunchbreak For This Post:

goat (10-19-2021), Stone (10-24-2021)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,327 Times in 1,987 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 184 Times in 174 Posts

Trans women lack a sense of humor. Guys who tape their junk back and sit down to pee deserve to be made fun of.

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,326 Times in 9,834 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 511 Times in 484 Posts
    Blog Entries

gender is a fact.
    morality is a set of beliefs, attitudes, and behaviors that facilitate voluntary, cooperative and mutually beneficial relationships.

Trump Wins,
    by definition
    https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/trump

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,115 Times in 12,640 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,444 Times in 1,388 Posts
    Blog Entries

So there was a Netflix employee walkout over this scheduled for yesterday...something happened but none of the half dozen reports I have looked at make a claim of how many employees took part.

This sounds like it was an unusual Woke Revolution failure.
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Hawkeye10 For This Post:

Blackwater Lunchbreak (10-24-2021)

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    So there was a Netflix employee walkout over this scheduled for yesterday...something happened but none of the half dozen reports I have looked at make a claim of how many employees took part.

This sounds like it was an unusual Woke Revolution failure.
    'Eco-Terrorists', Hawkeye.

8. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Anyone here watch it? Thoughts if you did.

9. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

So this explains I think why this revolutionary action failed:

Netflix has fired a leader of the trans employee resource group who was organizing the upcoming October 20th walkout. The employee, who is Black and currently pregnant, asked not to be named for fear of online harassment. They have been encouraging trans employees and allies to walk out of work in protest of Netflix’s handling of the Dave Chappelle special The Closer. The employee declined to speak to The Verge for this story.

“All these white people are going around talking to the press and speaking publicly on Twitter and the only person who gets fired is the Black person who was quiet the entire time,” says a former employee in an interview with The Verge. “That’s absurd, and just further shows that Black trans people are the ones being targeted in this conversation.”

The employee was terminated on suspicion of leaking metrics to the press related to the Dave Chappelle special. Those metrics — about how much Netflix paid for The Closer and how many people it reached — subsequently ended up in a report on Bloomberg. While the employee had shared the metrics internally, they spoke out against the leaks to colleagues, worried they might hurt the walkout movement.
    https://www.theverge.com/2021/10/15/...dave-chappelle

I knew that this person had been fired for leaking, but I did not know that he/she/whatever was a leader of the revolutionary action.
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Hawkeye10 For This Post:

Blackwater Lunchbreak (10-21-2021)

11. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 10 Times in 10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Anyone here watch it? Thoughts if you did.
    I watched it and I didn’t think it was as good as his previous specials. It was funny, but mainly because Chappelle is a hilarious guy. It lacked the edge, typical boundary pushing and challenging norms that all of his earlier stuff had. To me, it felt like it was basically 60 minutes of him defending himself which is kind of sad because it just seemed like he acknowledged that he has lost the war and is going to ride off into the sunset.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirt McGirt For This Post:

Blackwater Lunchbreak (10-21-2021)

13. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt McGirt View Post
    I watched it and I didn’t think it was as good as his previous specials. It was funny, but mainly because Chappelle is a hilarious guy. It lacked the edge, typical boundary pushing and challenging norms that all of his earlier stuff had. To me, it felt like it was basically 60 minutes of him defending himself which is kind of sad because it just seemed like he acknowledged that he has lost the war and is going to ride off into the sunset.
    A reviewer here at the 44:00 mark agrees with you:

DARK AGES SUCK!

14. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt McGirt View Post
    Agree with you. I thought it was (very) funny but he set the bar so high previously that it’s hard to top and there was an element of defensiveness to it.

Not that they speak for anyone but themselves but I asked a couple of close (black) friends what they thought and they loved it and said Chapelle is a genius. You read the reviews and many clearly aren’t fans of it.

15. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 10 Times in 10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Agree with you. I thought it was (very) funny but he set the bar so high previously that it’s hard to top and there was an element of defensiveness to it.

Not that they speak for anyone but themselves but I asked a couple of close (black) friends what they thought and they loved it and said Chapelle is a genius. You read the reviews and many clearly aren’t fans of it.
    Yeah he definitely set the bar high starting all the way back with Killing them Softly. Chappelle will always be the GOAT to me. With apologies to Pryor and Carlin, I don’t think there has ever been anyone that took on the things you weren’t supposed to talk about better than him.

I think the reviews and ratings of The Closer are exactly the same as it was for Sticks and Stones. The critics trashed it, but the real folks loved it.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirt McGirt For This Post:

cawacko (10-21-2021)

17. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

DARK AGES SUCK!

18. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,184 Times in 14,718 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 952 Times in 936 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AssHatZombie View Post
    New York (CNN)Netflix fired an employee for sharing "confidential, commercially sensitive information" outside of the company about Dave Chappelle's controversial stand-up special "The Closer," the company confirmed to CNN on Saturday. The employee leaked the information to Bloomberg, which published it in an article on Wednesday.

The unidentified employee was an organizer of an upcoming walkout by the company's trans employees, according to a report by The Verge.
    The Bloomberg report said that Netflix spent $24.1 million on the "The Closer," while "Squid Game," the company's biggest debut hit, cost the streaming giant $21.4 million.
    Netflix said a review of its internal access logs showed that only one person viewed sensitive title data, and that person downloaded and shared it externally.
    "The Closer" has been criticized by advocacy groups such as GLAAD as being transphobic. The trans employee resource group at Netflix is planning a walkout on October 20 to protest both Chappelle's special and statements in support of the comedian by Netflix CEO Ted Sarandos, The Verge report sa

Chappel was critical of people bulling on transgender people. He shared a practically tragic story of a transgender woman friend that opened shows in San Francisco for him that committed suicide after being bullied by the transgender community. The message was we are all people.
    IMPEACH 46 FOR TREASON
    Biden/Harris 2024
    IT'S A NO BRAINER!

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ExpressLane For This Post:

Blackwater Lunchbreak (10-22-2021), TTQ64 (10-21-2021)

20. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,733 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 707 Times in 647 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AssHatZombie View Post

no such thing as cancel culture but once again gotta explain to white deniars what have said...........basically the glbtq people have more rightsand support than blacks but blacks have been fighting for rights way longer...................

whites accept the glbtq community because they have them in their families.they fight for their rights.............not so much for blacks.

21. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ64 View Post
    no such thing as cancel culture but once again gotta explain to white deniars what have said...........basically the glbtq people have more rightsand support than blacks but blacks have been fighting for rights way longer...................

whites accept the glbtq community because they have them in their families.they fight for their rights.............not so much for blacks.
    Surely this is comedy.

DARK AGES SUCK!