Thread: “Parents protest California COVID vaccine mandate for kids”

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,242 Times in 13,967 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,054 Times in 2,849 Posts

Default “Parents protest California COVID vaccine mandate for kids”

https://www.sacbee.com/news/article255103597.html

These people crack me up, do they also oppose and protest against polio vaccines, measles vaccines, and all the rest that children are required to get before attending school? Doubtful, says it all

Their big threat is they will pull their kids out of school, good, let me raise kids as dumb as themselves

And interesting aspect is how the vast majority of parents in America support the vaccine, but get little coverage or attention, yet the right cries endlessly the media is biased

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to archives For This Post:

AProudLefty (10-19-2021), cancel2 2022 (10-18-2021), evince (10-19-2021)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

what's popular isn't always right........what's right isn't always popular.......

but then a servant like you is always going to say, yes daddy, tread harder.........you sound just like a trumper, only with leftist ideals. you should be ashamed of yourself.......but then I think you've never been raised right to begin with
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post

These people crack me up, do they also oppose and protest against polio vaccines, measles vaccines, and all the rest that children are required to get before attending school? Doubtful, says it all

Their big threat is they will pull their kids out of school, good, let me raise kids as dumb as themselves

And interesting aspect is how the vast majority of parents in America support the vaccine, but get little coverage or attention, yet the right cries endlessly the media is biased
    My wife directs a pre-school in the Bay Area. She is vaccinated (as am I). She largely wrote the COVID hand book for her school and did such a good job several of her peers asked to use it for their schools. She takes COVID very seriously. She did not vote for Trump. Yet she does not believe it should be mandated that kids get vaccinated. And you want to laugh at her? She wasn't in Sacramento but the media didn't come and talk to her. Yet that's your example for the media supposedly not being biased?

You're too partisan man. You don't have to agree with people like my wife, but you try to create these almost caricatures of people whom you disagree with because it's so much easier in your mind to dismiss them rather than acknowledge people from varied backgrounds can have differing opinions.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (10-18-2021)

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    what's popular isn't always right........what's right isn't always popular.......

but then a servant like you is always going to say, yes daddy, tread harder.........you sound just like a trumper, only with leftist ideals. you should be ashamed of yourself.......but then I think you've never been raised right to begin with
    “what is popular isn’t always right……what’s right isn’t popular,” true, but if it looks like a duck, talks like a duck, and walks like a duck, sure as hell ain’t an elephant

7. The Following User Groans At archives For This Awful Post:

8. The Following User Says Thank You to archives For This Post:

AProudLefty (10-19-2021)

9. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,832 Times in 17,264 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,598 Times in 4,276 Posts

Some people are now saying all vaccines, even the long-established ones should be shunned. The anti-vaccine craziness has metastasized. It is spreading. Cut it at the bud. Mandate them.

10. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Do you ever shut the fuck up, it is not necessary or indeed desirable to vaccinate children.

11. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    My wife directs a pre-school in the Bay Area. She is vaccinated (as am I). She largely wrote the COVID hand book for her school and did such a good job several of her peers asked to use it for their schools. She takes COVID very seriously. She did not vote for Trump. Yet she does not believe it should be mandated that kids get vaccinated. And you want to laugh at her? She wasn't in Sacramento but the media didn't come and talk to her. Yet that's your example for the media supposedly not being biased?

You're too partisan man. You don't have to agree with people like my wife, but you try to create these almost caricatures of people whom you disagree with because it's so much easier in your mind to dismiss them rather than acknowledge people from varied backgrounds can have differing opinions.
    Nothing personal, but until your wife can explain why she opposes mandatory vaccines to return to school, yes, I probably would chuckle at her, does she oppose the other mandated vaccines?

And that is not true, I am not disagreeing with them because of differing options, they have yet to express a rational opinion on why they oppose the mandates, “freedom,” “freedom” of choice is not a luxury when we are talking about the health of others children

12. The Following User Says Thank You to archives For This Post:

AProudLefty (10-19-2021)

13. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Primavera View Post
    Do you ever shut the fuck up, it is not necessary or indeed desirable to vaccinate children.
    Right, let’s let them spread the virus to other peoples kids, good idea

14. The Following User Says Thank You to archives For This Post:

AProudLefty (10-19-2021)

15. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post

Arsecheese has always been like that, he's too old and set in his ways to ever change now. People like him, Nordberg and Trumpet are all cut from the same cloth.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to cancel2 2022 For This Post:

ExpressLane (10-18-2021)

17. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,224 Times in 10,695 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 579 Times in 563 Posts
    Blog Entries

Given California ranks 41st in school rankings, I suspect parents pulling their kids from the public schools will improve their children's chances of success in life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Dutch View Post
    Agreed. Shooting angry Trumpers should be a national pastime.
    Quote Originally Posted by BidenPresident View Post
    Only conclusion. Going to a Christian school causes you to be a mass murderer.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lionfish For This Post:

ExpressLane (10-18-2021), PostmodernProphet (10-20-2021)

19. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,176 Times in 14,712 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 952 Times in 936 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post

It has to be safe because the government says so and the government never lies. Just ask the people at Tuskegee you can trust the government.
    IMPEACH 46 FOR TREASON
    Biden/Harris 2024
    IT'S A NO BRAINER!

20. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,832 Times in 17,264 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,598 Times in 4,276 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lionfish View Post
    Given California ranks 41st in school rankings, I suspect parents pulling their kids from the public schools will improve their children's chances of success in life.
    Number 3 in higher education.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

evince (10-19-2021)

22. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Right, let’s let them spread the virus to other peoples kids, good idea
    Right, how about you stop pontificating for once in your life, is that even possible? It would be a far better use of resources to send those vaccines to the third world rather that waste them vaccinating children.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/58439829

23. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Right, how about you stop pontificating for once in your life, is that even possible? It would be a far better use of resources to send those vaccines to the third world rather that waste them vaccinating children.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/58439829
    Not pontificating, facts, can and are doing both, and for the majority of Californians sending their kids to school, it is necessary, they don’t want their children catching Covid cause some Tucker disciple thinks it violates his “freedom”

24. The Following User Groans At archives For This Awful Post:

25. The Following User Says Thank You to archives For This Post:

evince (10-19-2021)

26. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,176 Times in 14,712 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 952 Times in 936 Posts
    Blog Entries

Its a risk benefit thing. One study shows that young males 12-17 run a higher risk of hospitalization with heart inflammation after vaccination than the unvaccinated young males 12-17 had of hospitalization from COVID. Young healthy kids rarely have any problems with COVID they tolerate it very well. No one knows what the long term side effect of the vaccine will be. I'm double vaccinated and will get a booster soon but I have significant comorbidities so the vaccine made sense to me. But young healthy kids the risk benefit isn't as clear.
    Last edited by ExpressLane; 10-18-2021 at 09:02 PM.
    IMPEACH 46 FOR TREASON
    Biden/Harris 2024
    IT'S A NO BRAINER!

27. The Following User Says Thank You to ExpressLane For This Post: