Thread: Chicago's mayor goes batshit crazy

1. #121 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,323 Times in 10,512 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,917 Times in 4,233 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Dillon View Post
    Son, you are Toopid! In that instance (ANTIFA/BLM riots) the governor complied with the requests because the whole state was burning due to...Democrats.

That doesn't mean the governor has to. The mayor has to request the NG, and the governor has to approve it.

For instance in Maryland, the mayor (also a black Democrat woman like Lightfoot) let Baltimore burn.

https://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2015/...ce-to-do-that/

You play chess like a pigeon.

PS: There are no riots in Chicago right now.
    I kicked your ass on every point and you have to make up shit to bolster your own failure. Then you couldn’t even answer a simple yes or no on whether the NG can and have been called up to support LE.

I never said the mayor had the authority to call up NG. Liar
    I never said it was automatic. Liar
    I never said anything about riots. Liar

Then, I gave an example, and I could give many more, where NG has been used in a policing function.

Checkmate, moron. You got your ass handed to you.

2. The Following User Groans At domer76 For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (10-20-2021)

3. #122 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,460 Times in 7,746 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 503 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by domer76 View Post
    I kicked your ass on every point and you have to make up shit to bolster your own failure. Then you couldn’t even answer a simple yes or no on whether the NG can and have been called up to support LE.

I never said the mayor had the authority to call up NG. Liar
    I never said it was automatic. Liar
    I never said anything about riots. Liar

Then, I gave an example, and I could give many more, where NG has been used in a policing function.

Checkmate, moron. You got your ass handed to you.
    Lemme know when the governor approves her request for NG and if it's before or after there are major riots in Chicago. TIA.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Matt Dillon For This Post:

5. #123 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Lemme know when the governor approves her request for NG and if it's before or after there are major riots in Chicago. TIA.
    One more tome, you illiterate fucking moron.

I never said the mayor would make a request. I merely pointed out that the NG can and does support LE in crisis situations and that would be a viable option, if necessary.

Fuck o dear, you are one stupid fucking moron.

6. The Following User Groans At domer76 For This Awful Post:

7. #124 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

One more tome, you illiterate fucking moron.

I never said the mayor would make a request. I merely pointed out that the NG can and does support LE in crisis situations and that would be a viable option, if necessary.

Fuck o dear, you are one stupid fucking moron.
    None of your NG daydream fantasy will ever come to fruition.

8. #125 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello T. A. Gardner,

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    Depends on who wins... If the Democrats somehow beat the odds and roll snake eyes six times in a row, it'll be called a mandate by the people and democracy in action with no hint of voter fraud. On the other hand, if the Republicans demolish the Democrats and take control of Congress, it will be proof of an insurrection and widespread voter fraud...
    The right has a penchant for falsely believing that everyone is on their side.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

9. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

10. #126 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello T. A. Gardner,

First, you have to have people eligible and willing to join the police.
    Next, I doubt you can graduate upwards of 3,000 officers in one shot.
    Then, those officers have zero experience on the job so any higher ranked police officers that were fired won't be replaced for months to years.
    And, there's a six month gap between starting new officers and any being ready to work (by your estimate). That's six months of major shortage and likely massive crime.

Sounds to me like Lighthead screwed the pooch, along with Joke, on this one.
    No problem. If the police force becomes inadequate and unable to do the job, the National Guard can be brought in until a replacement police force can be implemented. People in the military have already sworn to do whatever they are ordered to do. If that involves taking vaccines, all part of the job.

The people of Illinois are lucky they are not ALL ordered to get vaccinated. It would be completely legal to do so.

"In 1905, the Supreme Court ruled that a state can mandate vaccines, and accompany those vaccine mandates with a criminal fine for those not in compliance. "
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

11. #127 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello T. A. Gardner,

How many National Guard are going to quit because of this pull? How many National Guard will be fired for not having a vaccine. If you expect the National Guard to be police they'll have to have training for that. If you expect them to act like soldiers, their use as police will likely end badly.

How will pulling National Guard from their civilian jobs impact the companies and businesses they are pulled from? How will impact readiness of these units for their primary mission?

The only suitable Illinois NG unit for this mission is the 33rd Military Police Battalion that is mostly staffed by police officers in civilian life...

Not a solution...
    Good luck with that view. We shall see how this works out. One by one, the vaccine hold-outs are being eliminated.

Slowly but surely things are being taken away from the anti-social who refuse to consider public health.

Slowly but surely the vaccination rate is creeping upwards until we get control of the pandemic.

Holding out will get increasingly undesirable until the goal is achieved.

It is anti-American and unpatriotic to ignore the public health of the citizens of the USA.

This is a problem we have to solve together, with or without the cooperation of everyone.

People have had plenty of time to do it the easy way so now it is time to get tough.

12. #128 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello T. A. Gardner,

The National Guard is a volunteer force. You can quit if you have your base time in service in (4 years). You would be discharged if you refused the vaccine too leaving units short on personnel. If you have 20 or more years you can retire in day if you really want.

Aside from that, the NG normally has only been used as police if the unit is trained as police. That means if the unit doesn't have that training, they receive it before being sent to do policing. When a NG or Reserve unit is deployed for active duty, they follow a sequence to put the people where needed. One of the things checked off is that the unit is trained to do whatever they're going to be doing.

You obviously have never served in the military and don't have a fucking clue what you're talking about.
    As if having served gives anyone the right to screw the USA.

We thank those who have served but we do not give them any special rights to endanger the public health.

13. #129 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello T. A. Gardner,

Once your initial enlistment or contract period of duty as an officer is up, you can quit--even on active duty. The military will list on your DD 214 that you are ineligible for reenlistment, but you can quit. The only persons who can't outright quit are junior enlisted and officers on that first period of service.

Sure, they have. What they can't do is law enforcement. They don't have arrest powers like police. Instead, they do things like shoot looters and such. And, in those situations, they supplemented law enforcement, they didn't replace it.
    So what.

Implement marshal law if needed.

Not a good situation but better than just letting the virus run free.

We have to shut it down. We are not kidding. We are at war. We need everyone to be on the side of humans, not with the virus.

Either you are with us, or you are with IT.

Maskless wonders are disgusting. Such selfishness is pro-PUTIN. He loves it.

And what about the chin-maskers?

Nothing looks more stupid.

14. #130 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

None of your NG daydream fantasy will ever come to fruition.

Once again, illiterate bitch, I never claimed it would.

What a fucking illiterate clown

15. #131 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello T. A. Gardner,

Good luck with that view. We shall see how this works out. One by one, the vaccine hold-outs are being eliminated.

Slowly but surely things are being taken away from the anti-social who refuse to consider public health.

Slowly but surely the vaccination rate is creeping upwards until we get control of the pandemic.

Holding out will get increasingly undesirable until the goal is achieved.

It is anti-American and unpatriotic to ignore the public health of the citizens of the USA.

This is a problem we have to solve together, with or without the cooperation of everyone.

People have had plenty of time to do it the easy way so now it is time to get tough.
    Fuck you, Covid Nazi Boi!

Times will get hella tough for you if you keep pushing your bullshit.

What is going to happen is a lot of businesses will be underemployed, many will fold, and this mandate garbage will bring about another Great Depression.

This time around, many less Americans are equipped to handle it like they were in the 1930s-40s.

Urbanites will have it the worst.
    Last edited by Matt Dillon; 10-20-2021 at 12:42 PM.

16. #132 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,816 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,328 Times in 1,225 Posts

we're about to find out just how powerful police unions are...........buckle up
    A sad commentary on we, as a people, and our viewpoint of our freedom can be summed up like this. We have liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans, yet those very people look at Constitutionalists as radical and extreme.................so those liberals and conservatives, Democrats and Republicans must believe that the constitution is radical and extreme.

17. #133 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello T. A. Gardner,

So what.

Implement marshal law if needed.

Not a good situation but better than just letting the virus run free.

We have to shut it down. We are not kidding. We are at war. We need everyone to be on the side of humans, not with the virus.

Either you are with us, or you are with IT.

Maskless wonders are disgusting. Such selfishness is pro-PUTIN. He loves it.

And what about the chin-maskers?

Nothing looks more stupid.
    You'd end up in a war against bullets flying towards you with your attitude.

18. #134 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Once again, illiterate bitch, I never claimed it would.

What a fucking illiterate clown
    You never claimed it would, but were wistfully daydreaming all kinds of about how it would be when it happened. (Because you thought it was likely)

Until I burst your fantasy bubble, that is.

Now what she can do is ask Uncle "The Big Guy" Joe to send in the Feds, but she refused when Trump offered.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...e-they-n712141

Too bad you don't know how American government works, dickface. Wait...not it's not!
    Last edited by Matt Dillon; 10-20-2021 at 01:20 PM.

19. #135 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You never claimed it would, but were wistfully daydreaming all kinds of about how it would be when it happened. (Because you thought it was likely)

Until I burst your fantasy bubble, that is.

Now what she can do is ask Uncle "The Big Guy" Joe to send in the Feds, but she refused when Trump offered.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...e-they-n712141

Too bad you don't know how American government works, dickface. Wait...not it's not!
    I kicked your ass on every point. So bad that you had to make shit up to try to bolster your losing point.

Fucking loser