Thread: Man gets 15 months in prison for joke post on Facebook

1. #91 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,207 Times in 3,428 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,204 Times in 1,881 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    Why didn't Trump enforce it? Or Bush?
    Don't ask me. Trump could have used this law to remove all the illegals and put their enablers in prison . But he didn't. He promised to rid us of the illegals and he didn't. I am no fan of trump though he is of course better than Pedodent Brandon or the Babbling Baboon from kenya.
    Reckless drivers are a bigger threat to you than all other criminals put together!

THE BIG LIE - Blacks and whites are different physically but identical mentally!

There is no way 81 million americans voted for a man they know is a child molester w dementia. Impeach Joe the Pedophile Vegetable (JPV)

2. #92 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Agreed they determine the constitutionality of laws but never make them.
    So show us where the consttitution gives the SC power to decide the constitutionality of laws.
    Reckless drivers are a bigger threat to you than all other criminals put together!

THE BIG LIE - Blacks and whites are different physically but identical mentally!

There is no way 81 million americans voted for a man they know is a child molester w dementia. Impeach Joe the Pedophile Vegetable (JPV)

3. #93 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,654 Times in 4,435 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 184 Times in 180 Posts

Agreed they determine the constitutionality of laws but never make them.

Which is why it's always unwise to divide people by race regardless of the reason. It only perpetuates racism. All citizens have a right to equal protection under the law. If they aren't getting it, they have a right to address it.

They took extraordinary measures to nullify minority voters. The entire intent was to eliminate opposing voices. That's not what the Founders had in mind when designing the system.
    What equal protection was violated? I'm not defending the TX redistricting, but drawing districts to benefit the majority party is the practice in every state. I'm not sure they nullified minority voices since drawing a district with a majority of black or Hispanic voters guaranteed them representation.

When the founders designed the system they did not even specify how the House members were to be chosen within each state. Many elected all the members at-large. Single member districts were not required until 1842 and even then states ignored that requirement.

4. #94 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,603 Times in 51,909 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Text Drivers are Killers View Post
    Don't ask me. Trump could have used this law to remove all the illegals and put their enablers in prison . But he didn't. He promised to rid us of the illegals and he didn't. I am no fan of trump though he is of course better than Pedodent Brandon or the Babbling Baboon from kenya.
    Only a hypocritical cocksucker, probably a foreign spy, would attack one President for failing to uphold the law while attacking another for exactly the same thing.

Sad. Hypocrites really do suck cock.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

5. #95 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    What equal protection was violated? I'm not defending the TX redistricting, but drawing districts to benefit the majority party is the practice in every state. I'm not sure they nullified minority voices since drawing a district with a majority of black or Hispanic voters guaranteed them representation.

When the founders designed the system they did not even specify how the House members were to be chosen within each state. Many elected all the members at-large. Single member districts were not required until 1842 and even then states ignored that requirement.
    Do you think that was what the Founders and other great leaders had in mind when they discussed fairness? Voting? A government of the people, by the people and for the people?

Yes, they nullified voices by ensuring Republican party agenda issues, themselves often racist with Trump, rules the day in multiple districts.

No doubt you and I can agree that life isn't fair, but you and I seem to be disagreed on whether or not our own government should be fair.

https://www.texastribune.org/2021/10...congressional/

6. #96 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Do you think that was what the Founders and other great leaders had in mind when they discussed fairness? Voting? A government of the people, by the people and for the people?

Yes, they nullified voices by ensuring Republican party agenda issues, themselves often racist with Trump, rules the day in multiple districts.

No doubt you and I can agree that life isn't fair, but you and I seem to be disagreed on whether or not our own government should be fair.

https://www.texastribune.org/2021/10...congressional/

They really did not change much in the districts. They had to add two districts and one is Republican and the other Hispanic.

Being "fair" is impossible to measure when making partisan political decisions. Most states are not fair in redistricting. Even those states using "bipartisan" commissions to redistrict have results not "fair." WA, for example, tends to protect incumbents.

The Republican agenda was already in control. They are criticized for using race/ethnicity when they draw the lines and criticized when they don't.

7. #97 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Text Drivers are Killers View Post
    So show us where the consttitution gives the SC power to decide the constitutionality of laws.
    It's pretty basic, dude.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/constitution/articleiii

Article III Section 1.
    The judicial power of the United States, shall be vested in one Supreme Court, and in such inferior courts as the Congress may from time to time ordain and establish. The judges, both of the supreme and inferior courts, shall hold their offices during good behaviour, and shall, at stated times, receive for their services, a compensation, which shall not be diminished during their continuance in office.

Besides you, who else is "us"? I'm curious. I understand if you are too afraid to reply.

8. #98 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    They really did not change much in the districts. They had to add two districts and one is Republican and the other Hispanic.

Being "fair" is impossible to measure when making partisan political decisions. Most states are not fair in redistricting. Even those states using "bipartisan" commissions to redistrict have results not "fair." WA, for example, tends to protect incumbents.

The Republican agenda was already in control. They are criticized for using race/ethnicity when they draw the lines and criticized when they don't.
    I believe fairness is part of the intent of the Constitution.

Do you believe the same way?

9. #99 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 10 Times in 10 Posts

It's pretty basic, dude.

Article III Section 1.
    The judicial power of the United States, shall be vested in one Supreme Court, and in such inferior courts as the Congress may from time to time ordain and establish. The judges, both of the supreme and inferior courts, shall hold their offices during good behaviour, and shall, at stated times, receive for their services, a compensation, which shall not be diminished during their continuance in office.

Besides you, who else is "us"? I'm curious. I understand if you are too afraid to reply.
    Judicial review isn’t in the constitution. That practice wasn’t established until 15 years later with Justice Marshall. This is another one of those things similar to immigration law where we’ve been doing things a certain way for so long that it gets overlooked.

In the federalist papers and some of Thomas Jefferson’s plans for the courts it’s clear that they all wanted some form of what we call judicial review today, but there never was a consensus. I don’t know if it was something that the founders felt didn’t need to be in there because it was a no brainer or since they never could reach a consensus they just decided to burn that bridge when they got there, so it wasn’t listed in Article 3 section 2 as a power of the court.

If you haven’t already you should check out some of the articles out there on the feud between Adams and Jefferson surrounding the courts at the tail end of Adams’ presidency. It will make you feel better(or worse depending on your perspective) to see that they were going through the same petty bullshit power struggles that we see today.

10. #100 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,240 Times in 2,333 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 161 Times in 150 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SmarterthanYou View Post
    the fuckstick got what he deserved.............it's not a damned joke to fill the public with fear to make a funny
    Agreed. This happened a few days before my sister died of that shit, and by that time, we all knew we were in for some serious evil. If I had been geographically close to him, and had known about this, I would have made a serious attempt to kick his ass(I always say I would "attempt" it because too many times I have said "I'm gonna kick that guy's ass" and ended up with my own ass beat).
    “The Communist party must control the guns.”
    ― Mao Tse-tung

“Those who vote decide nothing. Those who count the vote decide everything.”-Generally attributed to Uncle Joe Stalin

“Everything under heaven is in utter choas; the situation is excellent.”
    ― mao tse-tung

11. #101 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I believe fairness is part of the intent of the Constitution.

Do you believe the same way?
    Sure, fair in terms of legal equality. The Constitution sets up a political system in which the winner has a lot of power advantages over the loser. That is not always fair but is the function of elections.

Being fair in redistricting is a more complicated political and legal question. Should districts be drawn on the basis of race to give more minority representation? That is being fair to minorities but violates a basic constitutional principle.

Americans want their side to win political power but are then squeamish when the winner exercises that power.

What constitutes fair redistricting to you?

12. #102 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

It's pretty basic, dude.

Article III Section 1.

HAHAHA. You moron. Since when does "judicial power" include deciding if a law is constitutional??? That's the issue and you are skirting it.

BTW - it can be argued that the 10A gives STATES the power to decide if a law is constitutional or not.

13. #103 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt McGirt View Post

In the federalist papers and some of Thomas Jefferson’s plans for the courts it’s clear that they all wanted some form of what we call judicial review today, but there never was a consensus. I don’t know if it was something that the founders felt didn’t need to be in there because it was a no brainer or since they never could reach a consensus they just decided to burn that bridge when they got there, so it wasn’t listed in Article 3 section 2 as a power of the court.
    That's how i see it. The founding fathers never said who should have authority to decide if a law is constitutional or not. I think they realized that whoever had that power would be dictator. So they just left it up to the three branches of govt to somehow work it out. But in 1803 the SC simply ASSERTED that they had the power exclusively and they've had it ever since.

14. #104 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,986 Times in 2,762 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 178 Times in 173 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Are you okay with someone paying someone with AIDS to lick stuff at a grocery store?
    AIDS is not contagious, but HIV (the virus that can cause AIDS) is. Not everyone who has HIV has AIDS. HIV is not transmitted via licked surfaces.

That being said, I would be against paying anyone to lick things at the grocery store.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Sirthinksalot For This Post:

AProudLefty (10-22-2021)

16. #105 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,761 Times in 17,091 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,342 Times in 2,261 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sirthinksalot View Post
    AIDS is not contagious, but HIV (the virus that can cause AIDS) is. Not everyone who has HIV has AIDS. HIV is not transmitted via licked surfaces.

That being said, I would be against paying anyone to lick things at the grocery store.
    Hoax or not, he committed a crime.