Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Liz Cheney, Lisa Murkowski and other Trump targets outraise their Republican rivals

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello guno,

Quote Originally Posted by guno View Post
    Four Republican lawmakers who voted to impeach or convict former President Donald Trump over his role in the January 6 attack on the US Capitol outraised the candidates he has endorsed to oust them, new campaign filings show.

Republican Reps. Liz Cheney of Wyoming, Jaime Herrera Beutler of Washington and Fred Upton of Michigan drew Trump's condemnation for their impeachment votes in his January trial in the House. All three collected more money in the third fundraising quarter than their Trump-endorsed rivals, according to reports filed Friday with the Federal Election Commission.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...als/ar-AAPBXxq
    So glad to hear they have so much support!
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,419 Times in 7,538 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 270 Times in 253 Posts
    Blog Entries

Y
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Uncle View Post
    He has the entire Republican party giving him public blowjobs. They give him whatever he wants, not matter how ridiculous. Or how anti-American and/or unConstitutional.

He turned a party of patriots into a party of traitors. Yes, the Republican party has had a fratricidal problem for over 25 years. No, Trump didn't cause this problem. Trump did capitalize on it. The Republicans have been dousing themselves in gasoline for years. Trump lit the match. Trump is definitely ripping up what's left of the Republican Party.

The MidTerms often go against the incumbent party. Midterms are also more local and, therefore, more individual. An additional factor is Republican efforts to cheat elections through various means such as gerrymandering, closing polls and, in general, making it more difficult for lower middle-class and lower income Americans to vote.

We could see Congress flip-flop offices every two years and in both houses but still see President Harris become the first 10 year President since FDR.
    Agreed, Trump is a drag on the Republican Party but so is Biden a drag on dims. Harris? Her only responsibility is the border and we all know how that’s going. No predictions from me.

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 68,624 Times in 51,916 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,506 Times in 2,463 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    Y

Agreed, Trump is a drag on the Republican Party but so is Biden a drag on dims. Harris? Her only responsibility is the border and we all know how that’s going. No predictions from me.
    The Republicans have no one on deck except Trump. He is even less likely to win in 2024 than predicted in 2016. Biden isn't running and I'm guessing he resigns after January 20th, 2023 to let Harris run as an incumbent.
    God bless America and those who defend our Constitution.

"Hatred is a failure of imagination" - Graham Greene, "The Power and the Glory"

4. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The Republicans have no one on deck except Trump. He is even less likely to win in 2024 than predicted in 2016. Biden isn't running and I'm guessing he resigns after January 20th, 2023 to let Harris run as an incumbent.
    Too early to say but Harris is an exceptionally poor choice. (Not saying Trump is a good one.)
    No prediction from me. Just a curious observer. Kinda like watching a football game.

5. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Too early to say but Harris is an exceptionally poor choice. (Not saying Trump is a good one.)
    No prediction from me. Just a curious observer. Kinda like watching a football game.
    No shit, but like GW Bush in 2004, her party is stuck with her.

6. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Zero enthusiasm for her or Biden. Remind you if someone?

7. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Zero enthusiasm for her or Biden. Remind you if someone?
    Like 2016, it's going to be the lesser of two evils. Do you think most people are going to pick Trump or Harris?

8. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Like 2016, it's going to be the lesser of two evils. Do you think most people are going to pick Trump or Harris?
    I don’t make predictions. Just an interested observer. I’ll probably vote libertarian or some other third party. Again.

9. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I don’t make predictions. Just an interested observer. I’ll probably vote libertarian or some other third party. Again.
    Me too in 2024. OTOH, it looks like Trump will win, then I might cast my first Democratic President vote.

10. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,736 Times in 14,331 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by guno View Post
    Four Republican lawmakers who voted to impeach or convict former President Donald Trump over his role in the January 6 attack on the US Capitol outraised the candidates he has endorsed to oust them, new campaign filings show.

Republican Reps. Liz Cheney of Wyoming, Jaime Herrera Beutler of Washington and Fred Upton of Michigan drew Trump's condemnation for their impeachment votes in his January trial in the House. All three collected more money in the third fundraising quarter than their Trump-endorsed rivals, according to reports filed Friday with the Federal Election Commission.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...als/ar-AAPBXxq
    That's the point. trump threatens to fund their opponents, but I think we all know that he's going to funnel all of his fundraising into his own coffers.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

11. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,736 Times in 14,331 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

I don't think Harris wins the primary. Personally, I believe Buttigieg should be the nominee.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

12. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    I don't think Harris wins the primary. Personally, I believe Buttigieg should be the nominee.
    IMO the DNC will stick with the horse they have.

13. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Even the deep pocketed corporate money masters can see which party is bad for the USA and must be avoided.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

14. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Me too in 2024. OTOH, it looks like Trump will win, then I might cast my first Democratic President vote.
    As for me… libertarian as usual. Trump is insane and Harris has NO concern about the border. Neither has any concern about the deficit. My only regret in all my votes for president was voting for HW and not Perot.

15. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

As for me… libertarian as usual. Trump is insane and Harris has NO concern about the border. Neither has any concern about the deficit. My only regret in all my votes for president was voting for HW and not Perot.
    Which is how I voted in the past two elections and, given Trump isn't in the running or has a chance of winning, will do so again.

The deficit troubles me too. Not a business guy but if the US government defaults, who benefits? Not American business, does it?