Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Another warning to the Conservative Republican Christians About Halloween

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,939 Times in 11,525 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,361 Times in 1,347 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leaningright View Post
    It was my mom’s favorite “holiday.” There was no more Christian lady than she was.
    For quite a few, it's their favorite holiday. It's a chance to have some fun, dressing up in costume, decorating things up in macab with a twisted humor. Have fun! Enjoy the day!
    "The atmosphere is among the factors that determines the Earth's atmosphere." --ZenMode
    "Donald has failed in almost every endeavor he has attempted. " --floridafan
    "Abortion is not a moral issue. " --BidenPresident
    "Propaganda can also be factual." --Flash
    "Even after being vaccinated, you shed virus particles." --Jerome
    "no slavery is forcing another into labor" -archives
    "Evs are much safer from fires" -- Nordberg
    "Abortion has killed no one." -- LurchAddams

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Into the Night For This Post:

TOP (10-18-2021)

3. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leaningright View Post
    We’ll, our porch is decorated and I’ll have the mid-size snickers bought and the popcorn balls made for the kiddos by the 31st. We’ll have fun anyway.
    Good for you! Good for the kids! It's a time to have fun!
    "The atmosphere is among the factors that determines the Earth's atmosphere." --ZenMode

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Into the Night For This Post:

leaningright (10-17-2021)

5. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,454 Times in 9,909 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 867 Times in 825 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Into the Night View Post
    No kids in the neighborhood?
    There is,.... lots of them . I want to hand out candy this year like we always used to. She says its celebrating an evil non Christian holiday by giving out candy. Hardest part? .......she is actually 100% right. So, sorry kids,....no candy from us this year.

6. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I want to have fun with it again like we always used to. But no doubt about it...it IS a pagan thing not a Christian thing,.... so we cant. Be glad when its over...LOL

7. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,754 Times in 14,346 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    I want to have fun with it again like we always used to. But no doubt about it...it IS a pagan thing not a Christian thing,.... so we cant. Be glad when its over...LOL
    How many people celebrate Christmas, but don't celebrate Christmas?

Mixed religion families celebrate Christmas/Hanukah/Kwanzaa etc. without a care about what the 'religious' ramifications are.

It's free fucking candy. A kid's dream. Does your wife actually believe that any of the kids who might litter your doorstep worship Satan? Or trees?

She's missing a good opportunity to make some kids happy. Sounds Christian to me.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

8. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

"Did the Church “Steal” Christmas From Pagan Rome?"
    https://www.ncregister.com/blog/did-...rom-pagan-rome

--->"Now despite what you may have heard, it was the Roman pagans who stole the December 25 celebration from us."

9. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

"Malachi 4:2

The worship of the Sun (Sol) was indigenous to the Romans, who had a temple to Sol Indiges on the Quirinal that was said to have been established by Tatius, king of the Sabines, the first inhabitants of the hill who, after the rape of the Sabine women, reconciled with Romulus and ruled jointly in the eighth century BC (Quintillian, Institutio Oratoria, I.7.12; Varro, De Lingua Latina, V.10). There also was a temple to Sol (as well as one to Luna) in the Circus Maximus, where chariot races took place under the auspices of these deities (Tacitus, Annals, XV.74; Tertullian, De Spectaculis, VIII.1). The four-horse quadriga, for example, was consecrated to the sun, just as the two-horse biga was entrusted to the Moon (Tertullian, IX.3). The foundation dates, too, of the temples on the Quirinal and in the Circus both were in August (the ninth and twenty-eighth, respectively), when the heat of the sun was most intense."
    https://penelope.uchicago.edu/~grout.../invictus.html

10. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,571 Times in 17,095 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

The marriage of Christianity and the Republican party has formed the no-fun league. They just bitch about everything. Halloween used to be fun for kids. They never gave a thought to the scary shit the Repubs weep about now. Were you people ever kids?

11. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,795 Times in 32,158 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    The marriage of Christianity and the Republican party has formed the no-fun league. They just bitch about everything. Halloween used to be fun for kids. They never gave a thought to the scary shit the Repubs weep about now. Were you people ever kids?
    the marriage of demmycrats and abject ignorance is sad......will you children ever be adults?......
    Isaiah 6:5
    “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.”

12. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

Into the Night (10-18-2021)

13. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,549 Times in 14,032 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,451 Times in 1,370 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Into the Night View Post
    A Christian performing an old Jewish rite???

What makes you think a resurrected body is rotting??

Play the trick on that house. They earned it.
    poor goyim
    “If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

ברוך השם

14. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    How many people celebrate Christmas, but don't celebrate Christmas?

Mixed religion families celebrate Christmas/Hanukah/Kwanzaa etc. without a care about what the 'religious' ramifications are.

It's free fucking candy. A kid's dream. Does your wife actually believe that any of the kids who might litter your doorstep worship Satan? Or trees?

She's missing a good opportunity to make some kids happy. Sounds Christian to me.
    We dont do Christmas or Easter anymore either.

15. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,754 Times in 14,346 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

We dont do Christmas or Easter anymore either.
    Christmas is a Pagan holiday, but Easter?
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

16. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    Christmas is a Pagan holiday, but Easter?
    Easter? Sure is,....BIGTIME. The rabbit, the egg,...symbolic. Easter= Ishtar.

17. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

What you guys have to understand is this....... I like celebrating Halloween and Christmas,....but its not THAT big of a deal. I could easily sit down and have a talk with my wife and it would end up that we could kind of celebrate those holidays again somewhat. But here is the KEY POINT,...she is not wrong. In fact she is 100% right. I cant in good conscience talk her into this stuff when I know she is right. Just wouldnt feel right AT ALL. People get used to things like Christmas or Halloween because we have done it all our lives so we do not question it. But it still doesnt make it right.

18. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Halloween is not part of the Pagan religion. There is no Pagan religion. Paganism is simply any religion that is not Christian. It's a simple belief in humanity. The name of Halloween came from Christianity though, specifically the Catholic Church.

This festival (or holiday in today's terms) simply marked a the beginning of a new year on a calendar in use at the time, and celebrated the harvest home, and also remembering those that have passed before us (The Day of the Dead is a similar practice in Mexico, but is held on Nov 1st). In some cultures, such as Mexico, they will set up afrinda alters with photographs or pictures of loved ones in their past family. A rather sweet tradition.

New Year celebrations are often associated with two faces, the beginning and the end. It is at this time that people also remember their loved ones that have passed. You might say the link between the living and the dead is closest during this celebration. In the States, New Year comes instead after the Winter Solstice, and the 1st month is named January, after the two-faced god Janus.

Originally the festival was called Samhain, and was celebrated among the Celts. The Catholic Church, in an effort to quash Samhain, created All Saints Day, which ironically is used to celebrate all saints, known and unknown, and including those that have already passed. It later became known as All Hallows Day, again to honor the saints. The Samhain festival was the day before, so it became known as All Hallow's Eve, later shortened to Halloween.

The tradition of candy for the kids stems from the harvest home.
    The traditions of ghosts, goblins, witches, silly decorations and costumes, grew over the years...sort of a mutation of the Day of the Dead celebration mixed into it.

If you want to feel miserable on Halloween, that's your business. It's also being an ingrate. Harvest home is a special time. Appreciate the harvest. It feeds you through the coming hard winter months ahead. For kids, it's fun and candy. Why make their life miserable?