Thanks
    Thanked 83,327 Times in 53,234 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ExpressLane View Post
    How about a link?
    How do you link to an opinion? Gods.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Matt Dillon (10-16-2021)

3. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,822 Times in 1,527 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 73 Times in 73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    When I was in school, I was taught that the Holocaust involved Nazis rounding up and exterminating six million Jews in concentration camps.

But Texas, being the progressive openminded state that it is has insisted that texts teach an alternate narrative. Maybe some 'conservatives' here can lay out those alternative narratives. I'm interested.
    As far as Im concerned your right , while its a bit more complicated then that you pretty well hit the nail on the head.

4. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,460 Times in 7,746 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 510 Times in 503 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    White Europeans.

Yes, the original Western Hemisphere people excelled at survival and thrived in all sorts of environments and climates, from Alaska to Tierra del Fuego.
    That's right, and so what do other people the government lets in indiscriminantly and gives all kinds of free stuff the people that did things and built up that government pay for deserve?

I say give them 40 acres and either they make it or get deported.

I could make it on 40 acres.

Either they make it, or leave.

5. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,822 Times in 1,527 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 73 Times in 73 Posts

I do? How do you know this? And what do Muslims have to do with the Holocaust? Oh, that's right. Nothing at all.

Sorry about your poor strawman. Tsk.

Well foul owl you dont seem to be know much about history .

The nazis had a lot of buddy's in the middle east especially guys like the grand mufti , you need to read up on him but he was the top Muslim officer in the Nazi movement and there were large units of Muslims that served under the Nazis, Saddams political party was also based on the nazi party

6. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,168 Times in 14,706 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 952 Times in 936 Posts
    Blog Entries

How do you link to an opinion? Gods.
    But Texas, being the progressive openminded state that it is has insisted that texts teach an alternate narrative. He made a claim I would like a link that backs up his claim. Bird brain
    IMPEACH 46 FOR TREASON
    Biden/Harris 2024
    IT'S A NO BRAINER!

7. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by ExpressLane View Post
    But Texas, being the progressive openminded state that it is has insisted that texts teach an alternate narrative. He made a claim I would like a link that backs up his claim. Bird brain
    What alternative narrative?

Holocaust denial like moon?

8. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,750 Times in 4,500 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 184 Times in 180 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Flash,

Well that's the spin. No part of CRT requires students to admit anything about themselves. It is not about them. It is a theory about how the discrimination of racism might be offset through government policy.

It's already taught in college, anyway. The whole dispute is really about whether or not the same thing which is already taught on college with no objection should be taught in high school.
    What is taught in college varies greatly and nobody can really say what is included. While it may not be labeled CRT, some courses, freshman orientation, workshops, certainly do require students to admit their white privilege. Some do not include anything about offsetting discrimination though government policy. What is taught in college is what the individual instructor chooses to teach. Some professors sympathetic to the cause oppose anything seen as indoctrination or ideological content.

There have been many objections about the teaching of some of these things in college and professors have been required to alter the course syllabus. For example, in one course students were required to acknowledge their white privilege before they could take part in the class discussion which was the basis for their grade.

Some students used the "safe place" argument or intimidation, or said they were "triggered" by viewpoints discussed in class which are usually arguments made by liberal students about conservative viewpoints.

While there are certainly objections to teaching these things in college high school is a different ball game because parents are involved. If you believe in democracy and think the elected school board should be responsive to parents, then they should have a role.

Sometimes, stories we read initially for the shock value turn out to be changed later or incomplete originally as in this story about the Holocaust. In another example a suburb of Houston (Katy) pulled a book from the shelves and canceled a visit from the author based on objection(s). After studying the book the district changed its mind.

Houston Chronicle shares the books have been reinstated, and that Craft’s virtual visit has been rescheduled. A statement from the school district reads, “Earlier this week, the review committee met and determined the appropriateness of the book, ‘New Kid.’ The reading material is already back on district library shelves, and the virtual author visit is scheduled to take place on October 25 as part of the instructional day.”

9. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,327 Times in 53,234 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Dillon View Post
    That's right, and so what do other people the government lets in indiscriminantly and gives all kinds of free stuff the people that did things and built up that government pay for deserve?

I say give them 40 acres and either they make it or get deported.

I could make it on 40 acres.

Either they make it, or leave.
    Hmm. Not sure where the acreage would come from -- BLM lands? But the idea has some merit to it. I imagine that if ppl coming here knew that they would get a few acres to farm and that was that, they might look elsewhere. Even so, employers want them and government looks the other way instead of enforcing the laws. As long as that's going on, they're going to come here.

I'm not sure what your first sentence is trying to say.
    "Conservatism is the blind and fear-filled worship of dead radicals." -- Mark Twain

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

Matt Dillon (10-16-2021)

11. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hmm. Not sure where the acreage would come from -- BLM lands? But the idea has some merit to it. I imagine that if ppl coming here knew that they would get a few acres to farm and that was that, they might look elsewhere. Even so, employers want them and government looks the other way instead of enforcing the laws. As long as that's going on, they're going to come here.

I'm not sure what your first sentence is trying to say.
    Yes, federal lands. A smattering of tools and enough to make it or not provided.

After a time if fail? Out you go.

The first sentence is about letting foreigners into this country to leech off the people that built it. That's not cool.

Most of those people are white, black, hispanic, and asian. And the Natives.

This is our country. We are all multigenerational Americans. Not to denigrate legalized Americans, they did good! But letting illegals in and giving them things naturalized Americans didn't have is not fair. It's a slap in their face when they did things the right way.

I may get a little racist when it comes to my longtime and naturalized fellow Americans, yes. It is what it is.

Fuck all this illegal bullshit! Grrr!
    Last edited by Matt Dillon; 10-16-2021 at 07:08 PM.

12. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

An education should provide the facts and teach critical thinking about those facts. I agree; there is nothing wrong with teaching the reasons for the internment or for slavery in America. What is going on here though are parents and school boards who do not want those subjects mentioned until, maybe, college. To many RWers, anything that could remotely be about racial inequality = teaching that white ppl are evil.

As for my side, forcing teachers to teach that blacks and natives owned slaves too is both ridiculous and meant to excuse the truth. Lest you think I'm exaggerating, I have read multiple people's comments about "well, blacks had slaves too" here and elsewhere over the years. And just look at the RW Indigenous Day vs. Columbus Day threads here.

I agree that teaching information that is unimportant to the overall picture is unnecessary and that includes every atrocity from both sides that people complain "we were not taught about that."

I do think that teaching about pre-Columbian America is difficult without including the use of slaves to maintain the empires created by Aztecs although there were many variations of the type of slavery that existed. Teaching about human sacrifice is also important and should not be ignored because it might be negative.

13. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hitler was defeated by Americans. Russia could not have handled Hitler without American boys kicking ass.

That entire Nazi government was sickening beyond belief, and here come brainwashed by commies American mush head leftists trying to institute it HERE.

Son, that shit ain't gonna fly and you may die. You ready for that? Americans are, way ready, believe that. I'm telling you the truth.

14. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Micawber View Post
    No it's more like you scum are a bunch of filthy Nazis and you say crap like she did. Scumbag fascist Nazi apologist.
    No, we are just not intolerant bigots who are so blinded by the partisan prejudices they cannot understand how shock news stories are not always accurate. You will believe anything negative because it reinforces your bigotry and you are unwilling to believe the true story.

Your bigotry is as evil as that you pretend to oppose.

15. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,096 Times in 12,623 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,439 Times in 1,383 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    When I was in school, I was taught that the Holocaust involved Nazis rounding up and exterminating six million Jews in concentration camps.

But Texas, being the progressive openminded state that it is has insisted that texts teach an alternate narrative. Maybe some 'conservatives' here can lay out those alternative narratives. I'm interested.
    Notice how you are not considerate enough to provide a link.

Civility escapes you.
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Hawkeye10 For This Post:

Matt Dillon (10-16-2021)

17. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,096 Times in 12,623 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,439 Times in 1,383 Posts
    Blog Entries

Those who are honest and have not slept walked through life know that a whole lot of non-jews were murdered.....this was not all about the Jews.....regardless of what they say.
    I choose my own words like the Americans of olden times........before this dystopia arrived.

DARK AGES SUCK!

18. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye10 View Post
    Notice how you are not considerate enough to provide a link.

Civility escapes you.
    Idk about that, but without a link, how is one supposed to know wtf he's talking about at all?

I'm guessing Concart did not excel in English and debate.