Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Alternate Holocaust narrative

1. #91 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,360 Times in 14,088 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    I’d have to challenge you to provide verifiable evidence supporting that claim. A few people on the extremes stating opinions is an evasion of the fact that CRT is not being taught in primary and secondary schools. It’s simply moving the target on the burden of evidence. People can say whatever they want but it doesn’t make it a fact.

The evidence that CRT is being taught to children in public schools to indoctrinate kids is almost nonexistent. The fact that it’s become a divisive political issue doesn’t mean squat when the vast majority of those getting their panties in a wad, on either side, don’t even know what the hell it is or ever studied it.

The knee jerk reaction is just more “foreign devil” politicking in an attempt to gain political support via using issue or group of people as a threat.

My concern is that in the process they’re demonizing teachers, again, and denying them by statute intellectual freedom on a topic they literally know nothing about.

So once again our teachers are being portrayed as malefactors only the irony here is it’s really just a made up nonexistent problem being used and manipulated for political gain at the cost of teachers and educational system which they are demonizing. It’s an irrational ad hom attack on them for something they have not done.

It amazes me that anyone would want a career in teaching under the completely irrational conditions of employment expected from them. This is why Universities have tenure systems. To protect their professors from this kind of lunacy.
    I'll share my personal experience. I went to a very diverse high school in Oakland. We had a Black Student Union and I attended several meetings. It was a great experience and I learned quite a bit from it. Knowledge is power and it's important we learn both the good and bad about our country's history.

That being said I have no interest in sending my daughter to school where she is taught she is an oppressor, to stand in front of the class acknowledging her white privilege, lining kids up by privilege level etc. No thanks. If that's what you and others want to teach to your kids/grandkids then that is your right. But I draw the line between having an understanding of history and this left wing ideology.
    Last edited by cawacko; 10-17-2021 at 09:46 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

Matt Dillon (10-17-2021)

3. #92 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,334 Times in 9,321 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,825 Times in 2,563 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    I'll share my personal experience. I went to a very diverse high school in Oakland. We had a Black Student Union and I attended several meetings. It was a great experience and I learned quite a bit from it. Knowledge is power and it's important we learn both the good and bad about our country's history.

That being said I have no interest in sending my daughter to school where she is taught she is an oppressor, to stand in front of the class acknowledging her white privilege, lining kids up by privilege level etc. No thanks. If that's what you and others want to do to your kids/grandkids then that is your right. But I draw the line between having an understanding of history and this left wing ideology.
    yep, "Knowledge is power and it's important we learn both the good and bad about our country's history."

man up, acknowledge the ingrained racism in America, those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it

4. The Following User Groans At reagansghost For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (10-17-2021)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to reagansghost For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (10-17-2021)

6. #93 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,287 Times in 27,095 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,975 Times in 2,692 Posts

It’s another right wing boogeyman solution to a non existent problem. CRT is a graduate level legal premise. It’s not even taught in undergraduate schools let alone primary and secondary schools.

It’s just more Machiavellian politics to convince the ignorant and uninformed of a threat by playing up to their bigoted fears.
    Rightwing crying about CRT will eventually go the way of their whining about school prayer, gay marriage, and Wars on Christmas.

It will lose it's traction and interest, and people will realize it was simply a gimmick to inspire the Rubes and get them to donate $$$.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (10-17-2021), Mott the Hoople (10-17-2021)

8. #94 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,405 Times in 9,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by moon View Post
    He didn't say ' so it's OK '. He said that many others were murdered- which doesn't do justice to the scale of the rest of the victims- some 12-14 million others. We're not talking war casualties here. If we were we'd be swamped by the 20 million Russian civilians who died. We're talking Holocaust victims, 18-20 million according to recent research, 6 million of whom were the Shoah Jews.
    I get that. But that's missing the point. The POINT is that there should not be an 'opposing' narrative. What happened happened. It is not a matter of opinion. It is a matter of fact.

So yes, that was the exact implication of his statement. It's like the 'All Lives Matter' nonsense. Yes, they do, but let's keep the focus on what happened, which was a systematic purge based on religion.

9. #95 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,770 Times in 33,632 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,065 Times in 4,683 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    When I was in school, I was taught that the Holocaust involved Nazis rounding up and exterminating six million Jews in concentration camps.

But Texas, being the progressive openminded state that it is has insisted that texts teach an alternate narrative. Maybe some 'conservatives' here can lay out those alternative narratives. I'm interested.
    Arrrrrrggggghhhhh, it’s one school district.

10. #96 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

You may have read about the Dalton School in NYC and the Brentwood School in LA. Those are high profile private schools that made national news from the pushback against their anti-racist (CRT) policies the schools implemented. The Atlantic and other national publications have written about them.

(Mind you these are $50K+/yr schools. These kids aren’t coming from anti-science, uneducated, redneck households)

Edit: Those schools aren’t the only examples just the most high profile
    Whoa…hold on their. Anti racist and CRT are two different critters. Was it the former or the later?
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

11. #97 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

That being said I have no interest in sending my daughter to school where she is taught she is an oppressor, to stand in front of the class acknowledging her white privilege, lining kids up by privilege level etc. No thanks. If that's what you and others want to teach to your kids/grandkids then that is your right. But I draw the line between having an understanding of history and this left wing ideology.
    Who would but again show me where this is happening. You’ve only mentioned two private schools as examples yet the those appear to be extreme outliers.
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

12. #98 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,969 Times in 14,556 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 949 Times in 933 Posts
    Blog Entries

This whole thing is about a misinterpretation of a recent Texas law on diversity. The woman in question was wrong on how she interpreted the law. She is from the Carrol ISD in Southlake the town that I live in. She screwed up and of course the News Media ran with it because it met their narrative. Nothing to see here so move along.
    IMPEACH 46 FOR TREASON
    Biden/Harris 2024
    IT'S A NO BRAINER!

13. #99 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,360 Times in 14,088 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Who would but again show me where this is happening. You’ve only mentioned two private schools as examples yet the those appear to be extreme outliers.
    When I listen to this being discussed on podcasts or see various stories about what’s happening in schools across the country I don’t save their links, so it’s not something I have at the tip of my finger tips. I offered those two schools because they were the most high profile and got national attention but they aren’t alone.

I will say I although I don’t support CRT I don’t like the idea of legislatures banning it either. Banning things often don’t turn out well and have (negative) unintended consequences down the road.

Edit: I’ll throw this in as well. They want to teach these kids about their privilege. My daughter already knows she’s privileged. Privileged that her daddy went to USC.
    Last edited by cawacko; 10-17-2021 at 01:03 PM.

14. #100 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,545 Times in 14,029 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,451 Times in 1,370 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    Rightwing crying about CRT will eventually go the way of their whining about school prayer, gay marriage, and Wars on Christmas.

It will lose it's traction and interest, and people will realize it was simply a gimmick to inspire the Rubes and get them to donate $$$.
    The ignorant, poorly educated don't realize CRT is and never has been taught in grade schools and only in few universities as an elective. What the ignorant are using the CRT scare word for is to stifle any discussion on race
    “If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

ברוך השם

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Guno צְבִי For This Post:

Cypress (10-17-2021)

16. #101 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,400 Times in 5,849 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 6,396 Times in 6,143 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    The fact that the Nazis killed millions of other people is still not "the other side of the story".

That is just quibbling around the margins of the details of the Holocaust. The educated public is aware the millions of Russians, Poles, Romani and others were worked to death, starved to death, or sometimes murdered in various and sundry slave labor facilities, concentration camps, prisoner of war camps. One cannot take a tour of the U.S.National Holocaust Museum without seeing evidence of it.

But the "other side" is the Nazi's point of view of the final solution -- how they justified their crimes against humanity, and what were their reasons for deciding to exterminate all the Jews of Europe.
    Again- the design was to liquidate ALL threats to the purity of the Aryan ' race ' . Continually emphasizing Jewish victims is a distortion of the facts. It relegates 12-14 million victims to the dustbin of history.
    There is , of course, no ' other side ' to the Holocaust just as there is no ' other side ' to the Zionist agenda of the ethnic cleansing of Palestine. There aren't two sides to rape, theft and murder.
    Last edited by moon; 10-17-2021 at 01:01 PM.
    " First they came for the journalists...
    We don't know what happened after that . "

Maria Ressa.

17. The Following User Groans At moon For This Awful Post:

18. #102 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,400 Times in 5,849 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 6,396 Times in 6,143 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    I get that. But that's missing the point. The POINT is that there should not be an 'opposing' narrative. What happened happened. It is not a matter of opinion. It is a matter of fact.

So yes, that was the exact implication of his statement. It's like the 'All Lives Matter' nonsense. Yes, they do, but let's keep the focus on what happened, which was a systematic purge based on religion.
    Religion ? How do you come to that conclusion ? The Nazis dressed themselves as Christians.
    " First they came for the journalists...
    We don't know what happened after that . "

Maria Ressa.

19. #103 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,939 Times in 11,525 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,361 Times in 1,347 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Flash,

I was wondering just exactly what 'the other side' story was. WWII didn't happen?
    That's actually documented in the various diaries and military records that survived the War.
    Most Germans, including their military and even most of the SS, knew they were rounding up the Jews, but did not know what became of them.
    Hitler actually found it somewhat difficult to find people willing to mistreat, abuse, and shovel Jews into furnaces. He managed to hide the genocide rather well. We only found out about it after these camps were liberated by the Allies. It made the soldiers that found them sick to their stomachs.

Not even the horrors of war compared to what happened to the Jews.
    "The atmosphere is among the factors that determines the Earth's atmosphere." --ZenMode
    "Donald has failed in almost every endeavor he has attempted. " --floridafan
    "Abortion is not a moral issue. " --BidenPresident
    "Propaganda can also be factual." --Flash
    "Even after being vaccinated, you shed virus particles." --Jerome
    "no slavery is forcing another into labor" -archives
    "Evs are much safer from fires" -- Nordberg
    "Abortion has killed no one." -- LurchAddams

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Into the Night For This Post:

21. #104 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    'One side' is the industrial scale size of exterminating a group of people.
    Maybe the 'other side' is a more insidious way of exterminating people?
    Or maybe the 'other side' is Indoctrination Camps?
    Maybe teaching 'Inclusiveness'?

Maybe 'Flash' is right?
    His point is valid here. There really is no other 'side' that makes any sense. The 'other side' only reinforces the 'first side'. In other words, no matter who is describing it, the story is the same. Flash also is beginning to touch on another important point:
    This whole thing is about trying to erase history, as if to justify repeating it.
    "The atmosphere is among the factors that determines the Earth's atmosphere." --ZenMode

22. #105 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Arrrrrrggggghhhhh, it’s one school district.
    No. It's crap that is spreading from school district to school district, and from State to State. This kind of bullshit appears in Oregon school districts as well, for example. It has also already appeared in a couple of Washington school districts that I know of.