Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Alternate Holocaust narrative

1. #196 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,286 Times in 27,094 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,975 Times in 2,692 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    It's funny how quickly a thread can steer from it's original intent when one poster with an agenda decides that this thread is fodder for their crusade. Next time I'm interested in discussing some issue that involves the Holocaust, I'll make sure I prevent that from happening. Let's see if I can get it back on track.

A Texas school official suggested that a 'opposing narrative' be taught when teaching about the Holocaust. I don't give two fucks if you want to talk about JUST the six million Jews, or if you want to talk about 18 million people killed. THAT IS NOT THE POINT OF THE THREAD. It was not bait to have a poster call everyone holocaust deniers. The point, if it wasn't obvious to EVERYONE is that there is no 'opposing narrative' to a factual accounting of history. Suggesting there is so is an attempt to whitewash history because some people are uncomfortable talking about it.

Can we talk about that instead? Would that be okay with you?

Gee, thanks.
    Teaching "the other side" of the Holocaust means teaching the Nazi point of view.

That means teaching the Nazi justifications for the final solution, for the mass murderer of Jews and other minorities.

I antipated that there would be some who wanted to quibble about numbers would crusade on threads like this. But quibbling about numbers is not "the other side".

2. #197 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,400 Times in 5,849 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 6,396 Times in 6,143 Posts
    Blog Entries

No- it's not OK. If you start a thread on a topic then you have to accept its relevant ramifications. As it has turned out you're guilty of trying to ' whitewash history ' yourself - although it wasn't the aspect of history that you were expecting.
    Not only that- but you called me a ' Jew-hater ', you poor deluded asshole. On to my thread ban list you go, along with the other narrow-minded prosemitic dross.
    " First they came for the journalists...
    We don't know what happened after that . "

Maria Ressa.

3. #198 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 33,620 Times in 21,483 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,632 Times in 5,140 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Moon is a Muslim white supremist? This is a new one. Please do tell us more...
    Who is moon?

18 U.S. Code § 2071 - Concealment, removal, or mutilation generally
    44 U.S.C. 2202 - The United States shall reserve and retain complete ownership, possession, and control of Presidential records; and such records shall be administered in accordance with the provisions of this chapter.

LOCK HIM UP!

4. #199 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,405 Times in 9,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by moon View Post
    No- it's not OK. If you start a thread on a topic then you have to accept its relevant ramifications. As it has turned out you're guilty of trying to ' whitewash history ' yourself - although it wasn't the aspect of history that you were expecting.
    Not only that- but you called me a ' Jew-hater ', you poor deluded asshole. On to my thread ban list you go, along with the other narrow-minded prosemitic dross.
    Yes, I did, because you called me a Holocaust Denier you poor deluded asshole. See how that works? Don't worry about thread banning me. I'm not that interested in Israel bashing as my main focus. Suit yourself. You are now on my ignore list.

5. #200 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,405 Times in 9,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    Teaching "the other side" of the Holocaust means teaching the Nazi point of view.

That means teaching the Nazi justifications for the final solution, for the mass murderer of Jews and other minorities.

I antipated that there would be some who wanted to quibble about numbers would crusade on threads like this. But quibbling about numbers is not "the other side".
    Correct. When someone is on a self righteous crusade, they can find something to be offended by in just about any topic. Moon is that guy. It's also surprising how an otherwise intelligent person can suddenly embrace Trumpian logic when they have an axe to grind. Moon is also THAT guy. Pretty pathetic. I'm moving on.

6. #201 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    You are now on my ignore list.
    So's the Holocaust that you deny in favor of your own, narrow-minded conditioning.

Maria Ressa.

7. #202 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Of course there's no Nazi ' side ' to the Holocaust- any more than there's a ' side ' to other fascist occupations and ethnic cleansing. Only a dumbass would go a-hunting for Nazi viewpoints.
    No- this thread has given an opportunity to right some of the wrongs of the accepted American narrative;
    The Holocaust wasn't a Jewish event- that was the Shoah aspect of it.
    Twice as many other ethnic groups and minorities were murdered in the Holocaust as there were Jews- 12-14 million in contrast to 6 million Jews.
    There were more than forty-two thousand other camps and ghettos besides Auschwitz. Forty-two thousand.
    These are the facts that everybody needs to include in their Holocaust narratives. It isn't an ' alternative' to the accepted narrative- it's a replacement.

Who says so ? The Washington Holocaust Museum . It isn't afraid to alter its past inaccuracies- and neither should anybody else be.

Maria Ressa.

8. #203 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Of course there's no Nazi ' side ' to the Holocaust- any more than there's a ' side ' to other fascist occupations and ethnic cleansing. Only a dumbass would go a-hunting for Nazi viewpoints.
    No- this thread has given an opportunity to right some of the wrongs of the accepted American narrative;
    The Holocaust wasn't a Jewish event- that was the Shoah aspect of it.
    Twice as many other ethnic groups and minorities were murdered in the Holocaust as there were Jews- 12-14 million in contrast to 6 million Jews.
    There were more than forty-two thousand other camps and ghettos besides Auschwitz. Forty-two thousand.
    These are the facts that everybody needs to include in their Holocaust narratives. It isn't an ' alternative' to the accepted narrative- it's a replacement.

Who says so ? The Washington Holocaust Museum . It isn't afraid to alter its past inaccuracies- and neither should anybody else be.
    I told you two years ago that the US Holocaust museum presents, acknowledges, and researches all the people murdered in the Holocaust

>> https://www.justplainpolitics.com/sh...57#post3917657

It was me that told you the USNHM presents research and information on the Romani experience in the Holocaust, more than a year ago.

Every educated person on the planet knows the Nazis murdered more than just Jews.

You are like Don Quixote, screaming at monsters that don't exist, and shadow boxing opinions no one has expressed.

9. #204 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,318 Times in 2,772 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 215 Times in 209 Posts

Apart from Jews, the ethnic group(s) targeted for total extermination by the Nazis were Romanies/Gypsies. That’s a fact, but there sure as hell weren’t 12-14 million of them. Not even if you add in all the “colored people” in Europe [sarc].

There is some confusion here. Nobody denies that millions of people died in Nazi concentration and labor camps (those are the numbers that researchers are updating), but that wasn’t the primary purpose of those places. They were not extermination camps.

Extermination camps were death factories designed solely for killing people – subhumans, in the Nazi view. These camps were much smaller than regular concentration camps because arriving trainloads were usually gassed the same day. Over 90% of arrivals were Jewish. There were no departures.

And moon: if you want us to think that Palestinian Arabs suffered anything like that, you’ve got your work cut out.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Tranquillus in Exile For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (10-19-2021)

11. #205 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I told you two years ago that the US Holocaust museum presents, acknowledges, and researches all the people murdered in the Holocaust

>> https://www.justplainpolitics.com/sh...57#post3917657

It was me that told you the USNHM presents research and information on the Romani experience in the Holocaust, more than a year ago.

Every educated person on the planet knows the Nazis murdered more than just Jews.

You are like Don Quixote, screaming at monsters that don't exist, and shadow boxing opinions no one has expressed.
    If you were aware of what the Washington Holocaust Museum was researching then you wouldn't be contesting its findings would you.
    Another of your ass-covering failures.

Maria Ressa.

12. #206 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    Who is moon?
    Seriously are you insane?

13. #207 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tranquillus in Exile View Post
    Apart from Jews, the ethnic group(s) targeted for total extermination by the Nazis were Romanies/Gypsies. That’s a fact, but there sure as hell weren’t 12-14 million of them.
    As I said previously- take it up with the Washington Holocaust Museum researchers. Certainly, the combined totals of non-Jews murdered were 12-14 millions, according to their research. How you define the divisions of that estimate, in your niggardly and petulant fashion, is no concern of mine. You're clearly still smarting from your last failure to diminish the scale of the Holocaust. Why compound your embarrassment ?

Maria Ressa.

14. #208 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    Who is moon?
    I'm just a simple ol' Internet internationalist

Maria Ressa.

15. #209 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

If you were aware of what the Washington Holocaust Museum was researching then you wouldn't be contesting its findings would you.
    Another of your ass-covering failures.
    So you tacitly admit you forgot I was the one who told you that the USNHM acknowledges and does research on the Romani experience in the Holocaust.

And that ai told you that years ago.

The USNHM does not agree with your claim that a vast Jewish conspiracy plots to exaggerate and inflate the Jewish experience in WW2.

16. #210 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

So you tacitly admit you forgot I was the one who told you that the USNHM acknowledges and does research on the Romani experience in the Holocaust.

And that ai told you that years ago.
    You're bordering on the asinine. I've been quoting the Washington Holocaust Museum research to YOU- and you've spent much of this thread contesting it.
    Further, wasn't it you that just claimed that Roma and Gypsies were the same people ? Or was that the Concart fool.

The USNHM does not agree with your claim that a vast Jewish conspiracy plots to exaggerate and inflate the Jewish experience in WW2.
    That doesn't surprise me as it's not a claim I've made. Your ass-covering misquotes aren't going to work .

Maria Ressa.