Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid vaccine mandates fueling showdowns nationwide

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,247 Times in 13,393 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 840 Times in 799 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    Mandating vaccinations isn't totalitarian.

Plotting with Nazis to storm the Capitol is, though...

But you didn't have the courage to do that yourself.
    It is when you threaten people with losing their jobs, freedom, and all without legal recourse of any sort. That is totalitarian. Take the vaccine or your life is destroyed! No questions, no recourse. Take the damn vaccine! That is totally totalitarian.

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,810 Times in 17,250 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,593 Times in 4,271 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    It is when you threaten people with losing their jobs, freedom, and all without legal recourse of any sort. That is totalitarian. Take the vaccine or your life is destroyed! No questions, no recourse. Take the damn vaccine! That is totally totalitarian.
    Sothe smallpox and Polio vaccines are totalitarian?

3. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Life is Golden View Post
    DeSantis is looking like a God right now.
    nobody is perfect on handling COVID, but his early emphasis on keeping COVID out of nursing homes
    (no visitors either) and prioritizing seniors vaxx, while keeping kids in school and no long lockdowns
    were all best decisions

4. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Sothe smallpox and Polio vaccines are totalitarian?
    Smallpox hasn't been required for decades, and even when it was it wasn't something that was forcibly required. Polio was the same way. I can remember that one. All us kids went to the grocery store where we went through a checkout line and got a sugar cube to eat. There was no requirement that you bring your kid for parents or the government would destroy your life.

That's what makes this one different. It is the government demanding you take it or else. That's where the push back is coming from.

5. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,145 Times in 10,539 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,987 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ziggy View Post
    I know, Republicans sure are stupid, right?

6. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,810 Times in 17,250 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,593 Times in 4,271 Posts

Smallpox hasn't been required for decades, and even when it was it wasn't something that was forcibly required. Polio was the same way. I can remember that one. All us kids went to the grocery store where we went through a checkout line and got a sugar cube to eat. There was no requirement that you bring your kid for parents or the government would destroy your life.

That's what makes this one different. It is the government demanding you take it or else. That's where the push back is coming from.
    When the Salk vaccine was discovered, the govt came to school and lined us up for the shots. There was no weeping about mandates. here are Cali requirements. https://www.cedars-sinai.org/blog/ba...kids-need.html Yep smallpox is one.,

7. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    When the Salk vaccine was discovered, the govt came to school and lined us up for the shots. There was no weeping about mandates. here are Cali requirements. https://www.cedars-sinai.org/blog/ba...kids-need.html Yep smallpox is one.,
    Chicken pox, yes. Small pox, no. There hasn't been a case of small pox in like 50 years. The disease is dead in the natural world.

8. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,422 Times in 10,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

It is when you threaten people with losing their jobs, freedom, and all without legal recourse of any sort.
    Vaccine mandates are Constitutional, and why do you want everyone to catch COVID?

That is totalitarian.
    If you show no loyalty to the company that has graciously employed you and provided you with benefits by refusing to follow their rules, why the fuck should the company show any loyalty to you?

Maybe form a union to collectively air your grievances...problem is though, that most businesses have a 95% compliance rate with the mandate, so you're rushing to the defense of outliers, probably because you also are an outlier with no friends and no loyalty.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

9. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

There hasn't been a case of small pox in like 50 years. The disease is dead in the natural world.
    Why?

Vaccines.

10. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You're not entitled to employment in this country...isn't that what you've said many times before?

Why yes, you have. That's been you, Mr. Right to Work, anti-Union, Conservative shitposter.

This whole time, you were of the position that every worker should be THANKFUL that they are employed and should be GRACIOUS that their employer has been benevolent enough to pay them a wage.

For the three years I've been on JPP, that has been your steadfast, personal position on employment, minimum wage, and employer responsibility.

Now that the employers are doing something you don't like, suddenly people who refuse to follow rules and comply (what you've also said to Black people who are stopped by the police) are entitled to these jobs.

Why do you think these people are entitled to their jobs, but a federal jobs guarantee is "totalitarianism"?

Don't worry, I know you won't respond to this post, just like how you didn't respond to the posts I made tearing apart the lies you told about HR 1, like what's in it, what it says, that you even read it much less took notes when you did...all that was bullshit and lies.

You're just full of shit....you've always been full of shit, and this pandemic has just magnified it.

And the real kicker to all this is that you know you're full of shit, but are still opening your big, fat mouth anyway.

11. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,405 Times in 9,440 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,894 Times in 1,783 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    nobody is perfect on handling COVID, but his early emphasis on keeping COVID out of nursing homes
    (no visitors either) and prioritizing seniors vaxx, while keeping kids in school and no long lockdowns
    were all best decisions
    So that explains why Florida leads the nation in Covid deaths, eh comrade?

LOL at you. DeSantis is mass murderer. I'm sure you're very proud to support him.

12. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    So that explains why Florida leads the nation in Covid deaths, eh comrade?

LOL at you. DeSantis is mass murderer. I'm sure you're very proud to support him.
    per capita its behind AZ and TX -other southern states. we are opening we've been closed up.
    as a resut the case numbers have dropped off the cliff.

but you keep never saying a word about the superspreaders coming across the border
    with no testing and no mandatory vaxxing

13. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

per capita its behind AZ and TX -other southern states. we are opening we've been closed up.
    as a resut the case numbers have dropped off the cliff.

but you keep never saying a word about the superspreaders coming across the border
    with no testing and no mandatory vaxxing
    Florida has the highest Covid death toll in the country because DeSantis pushed dangerous policies and killed people. Period. Full stop.

Or is it those Brazilian Tourists?

ROTLFMFAO!!!! STFU clown.

Florida has not been closed up in over a year.

14. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Concart View Post
    Florida has the highest Covid death toll in the country because DeSantis pushed dangerous policies and killed people. Period. Full stop.

Or is it those Brazilian Tourists?

ROTLFMFAO!!!! STFU clown.

Florida has not been closed up in over a year.
    insane shit. you dont understand per capita you dont understand "waves", and you dont understand masks and vaxxes do not stop the spread.

But almost 2 million migrants coming across without testing and no vaxx mandates..that makes you happy

15. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

insane shit. you dont understand per capita you dont understand "waves", and you dont understand masks and vaxxes do not stop the spread.

But almost 2 million migrants coming across without testing and no vaxx mandates..that makes you happy
    Yes, I understand per capita. It's your new dodge because Florida is such a cluster fuck. Saying it's better than Texas and Arizona is like saying Jeffery Dahmer isn't that bad because he killed fewer people than Ted Bundy. Immigrants didn't kill Floridians. DeSantis did. But I'm sure you think he'd make a fine President. Because that's what you're paid to do.