Page 44 of 68 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546474854 ... LastLast
Results 646 to 660 of 1009

Thread: Reality check on electric cars

  1. #646 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Prairieville
    Posts
    27,356
    Thanks
    2,896
    Thanked 10,626 Times in 7,127 Posts
    Groans
    331
    Groaned 2,985 Times in 2,707 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by redfish View Post
    ok, so you are convinced that electric cars are a "good" idea. so explain how paying 70K for an EC and then 3 years later paying another 20K for a new battery is a good idea. Then tell us how saving $200/month on gas is a "good" idea when your electric bill goes up by $300/month to recharge every night. Then tell us how its a "good" idea to blow the power grid every night recharging car batteries. Then tell us how its a "good" idea to limit your range to 300 miles (unless you use the heater, AC, radio, wipers, defroster, etc). It might be a good idea if the batteries would just provide power forever-------but that can never happen. dream on, idiot.
    The problem with your question is you are a moron
    Why Biden? Because Fuck You that's why. Barack Obama has a Grammy, an Emmy, a Nobel Prize, 2 terms as President and a Twitter account.

    Donald Trump has 2 impeachments.

  2. #647 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    39,373
    Thanks
    212
    Thanked 17,211 Times in 12,008 Posts
    Groans
    4,497
    Groaned 3,853 Times in 3,588 Posts

    Default

    The fact is you plug in every night to top it off to max range. That is not a big problem. I do it every night if we drove it. The 300-mile range on new ones is equivalent to a tank of gas on ICEs. There are fast chargers that the govt is going to install on major highways. They can recharge during lunch or a pit stop.
    My car has only 50 mi range and I almost never use gas. Sometimes the car computer runs on gas to keep the gas from going stale.

  3. #648 | Top
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    39,597
    Thanks
    13,736
    Thanked 7,512 Times in 6,646 Posts
    Groans
    11
    Groaned 437 Times in 427 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    The fact is you plug in every night to top it off to max range. That is not a big problem. I do it every night if we drove it.
    That is not using the maximum range at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    The 300-mile range on new ones is equivalent to a tank of gas on ICEs.
    And then you have to spend 10-12 hours charging it. An ICE car only requires a few minutes to refuel it and then it's good for ANOTHER 300 miles!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    There are fast chargers that the govt is going to install on major highways. They can recharge during lunch or a pit stop.
    So you are going to take a pit stop every hour or so to spend an hour charging it. Right. I'll be at my destination long before you finish your 'lunches'.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    My car has only 50 mi range and I almost never use gas.

    Sometimes the car computer runs on gas to keep the gas from going stale.
    So your car is a hybrid, not an electric car. That means you get no better gas mileage on the open road than a typical lousier car of the same size.
    " Abortion is not a moral issue. " -- BidenPresident
    "Propaganda can also be factual." --Flash
    "Even after being vaccinated, you shed virus particles." --Jerome
    "Trump was not a conservative." --Jarod
    "The economy was never shut down." - LV426

    Everything else debunked here

  4. #649 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    39,373
    Thanks
    212
    Thanked 17,211 Times in 12,008 Posts
    Groans
    4,497
    Groaned 3,853 Times in 3,588 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Into the Night View Post
    That is not using the maximum range at all.

    And then you have to spend 10-12 hours charging it. An ICE car only requires a few minutes to refuel it and then it's good for ANOTHER 300 miles!

    So you are going to take a pit stop every hour or so to spend an hour charging it. Right. I'll be at my destination long before you finish your 'lunches'.
    After my 50 mils is gone, I continue driving for another 00 miles

    So your car is a hybrid, not an electric car. That means you get no better gas mileage on the open road than a typical lousier car of the same size.
    How dumb was that? The Volt runs on electricity. It also has an ICE. When the electricity runs out, the car seamlessly goes to the ICE and it drives the electricity The Volt does not have range anxiety.
    I almost never use the ICE. The computer will sometimes force us to drive on it because gas gets stale in the tank.
    You are doing an electric fallacy.

  5. #650 | Top
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    39,597
    Thanks
    13,736
    Thanked 7,512 Times in 6,646 Posts
    Groans
    11
    Groaned 437 Times in 427 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    How dumb was that? The Volt runs on electricity. It also has an ICE. When the electricity runs out, the car seamlessly goes to the ICE and it drives the electricity The Volt does not have range anxiety.
    So you have a gas powered car.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    I almost never use the ICE. The computer will sometimes force us to drive on it because gas gets stale in the tank.
    So you are using the ICE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    You are doing an electric fallacy.
    No such fallacy. Denial of logic. Mockery.
    " Abortion is not a moral issue. " -- BidenPresident
    "Propaganda can also be factual." --Flash
    "Even after being vaccinated, you shed virus particles." --Jerome
    "Trump was not a conservative." --Jarod
    "The economy was never shut down." - LV426

    Everything else debunked here

  6. #651 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    39,373
    Thanks
    212
    Thanked 17,211 Times in 12,008 Posts
    Groans
    4,497
    Groaned 3,853 Times in 3,588 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Into the Night View Post
    So you have a gas powered car.

    So you are using the ICE.

    No such fallacy. Denial of logic. Mockery.
    Why is it so hard for you to understand such a simple thing? The Volt has both. When 5o miles of electricity are used up, the ICE starts up and drives the electric motor. I almost never use the ICE. My driving rarely reaches 50 miles in a day. Try harder. This seems so simple.
    If I drive 70 miles without charging, the first 50 are totally electric, therefore 20 are on the ICE.
    Quit misusing fallacies. It makes you look pretentious to some and stupid to others.

  7. #652 | Top
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    39,597
    Thanks
    13,736
    Thanked 7,512 Times in 6,646 Posts
    Groans
    11
    Groaned 437 Times in 427 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Why is it so hard for you to understand such a simple thing? The Volt has both. When 5o miles of electricity are used up, the ICE starts up and drives the electric motor. I almost never use the ICE. My driving rarely reaches 50 miles in a day. Try harder. This seems so simple.
    If I drive 70 miles without charging, the first 50 are totally electric, therefore 20 are on the ICE.
    I understand what a hybrid is. You are carrying around two 'engines' instead of one, making the whole car heavier for it's size. That means using more energy to move it.

    You have also put yourself in a paradox, describing that you never use the ICE and then saying you use the ICE. You can't have it both ways, dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Quit misusing fallacies. It makes you look pretentious to some and stupid to others.
    Denial of logic. If you don't like me calling fallacies on your arguments, don't make them. This is YOUR problem. Only YOU can correct it. Burden fallacy.
    " Abortion is not a moral issue. " -- BidenPresident
    "Propaganda can also be factual." --Flash
    "Even after being vaccinated, you shed virus particles." --Jerome
    "Trump was not a conservative." --Jarod
    "The economy was never shut down." - LV426

    Everything else debunked here

  8. #653 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    39,373
    Thanks
    212
    Thanked 17,211 Times in 12,008 Posts
    Groans
    4,497
    Groaned 3,853 Times in 3,588 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Into the Night View Post
    I understand what a hybrid is. You are carrying around two 'engines' instead of one, making the whole car heavier for it's size. That means using more energy to move it.

    You have also put yourself in a paradox, describing that you never use the ICE and then saying you use the ICE. You can't have it both ways, dude.

    Denial of logic. If you don't like me calling fallacies on your arguments, don't make them. This is YOUR problem. Only YOU can correct it. Burden fallacy.
    Not about liking or not. It is your utter misuse.

  9. #654 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    39,373
    Thanks
    212
    Thanked 17,211 Times in 12,008 Posts
    Groans
    4,497
    Groaned 3,853 Times in 3,588 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Into the Night View Post
    I understand what a hybrid is. You are carrying around two 'engines' instead of one, making the whole car heavier for it's size. That means using more energy to move it.

    You have also put yourself in a paradox, describing that you never use the ICE and then saying you use the ICE. You can't have it both ways, dude.

    Denial of logic. If you don't like me calling fallacies on your arguments, don't make them. This is YOUR problem. Only YOU can correct it. Burden fallacy.
    Electric cars are heavier. Write that down someplace so you can remember something relevant. Batteries are heavy. Again..try and follow this. We almost NEVER,, Fucking never. use the ICE.

  10. #655 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    23,116
    Thanks
    1,050
    Thanked 49 Times in 40 Posts
    Groans
    2,732
    Groaned 648 Times in 283 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerdsperg View Post
    We almost NEVER,, Fucking never. use the ICE.
    So you say.


  11. #656 | Top
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    39,597
    Thanks
    13,736
    Thanked 7,512 Times in 6,646 Posts
    Groans
    11
    Groaned 437 Times in 427 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Not about liking or not. It is your utter misuse.
    Inversion fallacy. It is YOU causing your own fallacies. Only YOU can stop them. Burden fallacy.
    " Abortion is not a moral issue. " -- BidenPresident
    "Propaganda can also be factual." --Flash
    "Even after being vaccinated, you shed virus particles." --Jerome
    "Trump was not a conservative." --Jarod
    "The economy was never shut down." - LV426

    Everything else debunked here

  12. #657 | Top
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    39,597
    Thanks
    13,736
    Thanked 7,512 Times in 6,646 Posts
    Groans
    11
    Groaned 437 Times in 427 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Electric cars are heavier. Write that down someplace so you can remember something relevant. Batteries are heavy. Again..try and follow this. We almost NEVER,, Fucking never. use the ICE.
    So you are limiting your car to short commutes. Gotit.
    " Abortion is not a moral issue. " -- BidenPresident
    "Propaganda can also be factual." --Flash
    "Even after being vaccinated, you shed virus particles." --Jerome
    "Trump was not a conservative." --Jarod
    "The economy was never shut down." - LV426

    Everything else debunked here

  13. #658 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    39,373
    Thanks
    212
    Thanked 17,211 Times in 12,008 Posts
    Groans
    4,497
    Groaned 3,853 Times in 3,588 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Into the Night View Post
    So you are limiting your car to short commutes. Gotit.
    As usual, you have nothing. Are you deliberately obtuse? Do you have no feelings or care about facts? It is difficult to reach some so wrapped up in his own beliefs that he rejects anyone and anything that does not fit. That is what you do. You call debates fallacies. Anything everyone says is fallacious. That is wearing out.
    I wish what I told you was difficult to understand so I could justify what you type, but I cannot. You are a bit daft.

  14. #659 | Top
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    92,585
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 19 Times in 18 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerdsperg View Post
    feelings

  15. #660 | Top
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    39,597
    Thanks
    13,736
    Thanked 7,512 Times in 6,646 Posts
    Groans
    11
    Groaned 437 Times in 427 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    As usual, you have nothing. Are you deliberately obtuse? Do you have no feelings or care about facts? It is difficult to reach some so wrapped up in his own beliefs that he rejects anyone and anything that does not fit. That is what you do. You call debates fallacies. Anything everyone says is fallacious. That is wearing out.
    I wish what I told you was difficult to understand so I could justify what you type, but I cannot. You are a bit daft.
    Argument of the Stone fallacy. Buzzword fallacy. Void argument fallacy. Inversion fallacy. Hallucinations. Insult fallacies. Trolling. No argument presented.
    " Abortion is not a moral issue. " -- BidenPresident
    "Propaganda can also be factual." --Flash
    "Even after being vaccinated, you shed virus particles." --Jerome
    "Trump was not a conservative." --Jarod
    "The economy was never shut down." - LV426

    Everything else debunked here

Similar Threads

  1. Oh yeah! Let's put these things in cars! Electric cars, yay!
    By Matt Dillon in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-28-2021, 06:17 PM
  2. Study dispels myth that electric cars pollute as much as gas-powered cars.
    By Joe Capitalist in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-21-2021, 07:48 AM
  3. Are Electric Cars Really Better for the Environment?
    By Legion in forum Off Topic Forum
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 03-24-2021, 08:11 PM
  4. Anyone Interested In Electric Cars?
    By American Man in forum Off Topic Forum
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 02-18-2021, 04:07 PM
  5. Politics of electric cars
    By Rune in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-26-2012, 06:28 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •