Page 233 of 259 FirstFirst ... 133183223229230231232233234235236237243 ... LastLast
Results 3,481 to 3,495 of 3878

Thread: Reality check on electric cars

  1. #3481 | Top
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    78,460
    Thanks
    31,156
    Thanked 13,153 Times in 11,719 Posts
    Groans
    11
    Groaned 1,366 Times in 1,352 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    They think they are the greatest experts in the world on EVs, after spending 2 minutes studying them.
    I am am a chemist, with expertise in pyrochemistry, electrochemistry, and various industrial processes. I run a successful company manufacturing sensors for industrial, aerospace, medical, and entertainment sectors. These are sold all over the world. The products you use every day depend on them.

    I also happen to be a very competent mechanic with cars, tractors, and aircraft.

    So much for your 'expert' worship. You think buying and driving an EV makes you an 'expert' on electrochemistry, electronics and industrial electrical systems, industrial processes, or mechanics.

    It doesn't.
    "The atmosphere is among the factors that determines the Earth's atmosphere." --ZenMode
    "Donald has failed in almost every endeavor he has attempted. " --floridafan
    "Abortion is not a moral issue. " --BidenPresident
    "Propaganda can also be factual." --Flash
    "Even after being vaccinated, you shed virus particles." --Jerome
    "no slavery is forcing another into labor" -archives
    "Evs are much safer from fires" -- Nordberg
    "Abortion has killed no one." -- LurchAddams

  2. #3482 | Top
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    78,460
    Thanks
    31,156
    Thanked 13,153 Times in 11,719 Posts
    Groans
    11
    Groaned 1,366 Times in 1,352 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    Generic bleach. It has no trouble bleaching the other shirts.
    There is no such thing as 'generic bleach'. I assume you are using a product like Clorox, which is sodium hypochlorite in solution.
    "The atmosphere is among the factors that determines the Earth's atmosphere." --ZenMode
    "Donald has failed in almost every endeavor he has attempted. " --floridafan
    "Abortion is not a moral issue. " --BidenPresident
    "Propaganda can also be factual." --Flash
    "Even after being vaccinated, you shed virus particles." --Jerome
    "no slavery is forcing another into labor" -archives
    "Evs are much safer from fires" -- Nordberg
    "Abortion has killed no one." -- LurchAddams

  3. #3483 | Top
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    78,460
    Thanks
    31,156
    Thanked 13,153 Times in 11,719 Posts
    Groans
    11
    Groaned 1,366 Times in 1,352 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    I have never claimed I did not say that. In fact, I say that again.
    Paradox. Irrational. You cannot argue both sides of a paradox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    It takes between 10,000 and 20,000 to become an expert at any field.
    Too bad it takes you 20,000 hours to figure out how to sort clothes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    You seem to have exaggerated some simple ability to do something with being an expert.
    No, you just don't know what 'expert' means.

    The word itself first appeared in the English lexicon around the late 14th century, coming from the French experiri extracted out as 'ex', or out of or from', and 'periri', meaning experience or skill.
    In other words, an 'expert' is one with experience or skill. That's all. If you are practiced at sorting clothes (which can literally be learned in hours), you are an expert. The act has become a skill (and a useful one).

    There is no minimum number of hours to become an expert.
    Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    It really is a sign of the times.
    Cliche fallacy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    Everyone has to be told they are special, and an expert in anything they want to be.
    No one needs to be told they are an expert. They either are, or they aren't. They are either skilled in a task, or they aren't. There really is no gray area.
    Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    If you tell them they are not a world renowned expert, they start crying out of control, and saying how mean you are.
    Expertise does not require world recognition.
    Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    I am not an expert on being an expert,
    Strange loop fallacy. You cannot deny an identity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    but I know a thing or two about it.
    You just said you didn't. Which is it, dude?
    Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    One of my side jobs is hiring real experts,
    Bullshit. You don't even have any idea what the word even means. Go read the meaning I've given you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    so I can tell you that it really does take between 10,000 and 20,000 hours to become a real expert.
    Nope. You can become an expert in literally an hour or two...even less. There is NO minimum time required to become an expert.
    Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    In the grown up world, not everyone can be an expert in everything.
    No one said they did. Pivot fallacy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    In fact, most people will never be an expert in anything.
    You don't get to speak for everyone. Omniscience fallacy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    You cannot be an expert in anything in a few minutes.
    You certainly can.
    Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    We sort clothing because of different cleaning effects on different colors and types of materials.
    People sort clothing for all kinds of purposes. Shirts from pants...formal from informal...socks from underwear...colors from whites...clean from dirty...
    Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    It is all based on biochemistry,
    No chemistry in sorting clothes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    one of the most complex forms of chemistry.
    You don't know what biochemistry is. Ask me how I know. (Hint: I'm an expert in that too.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    If you want to be an expert in what types of clothes to be separated, with the ability to extend human knowledge on the subject, you need to have a very good understanding of the biochemistry behind it all.
    Expertise does not require extending human knowledge. Neither does sorting clothes (except for the development of your own skill in the task).
    Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    Remember, being an expert means that you are not just doing what other people have taught you, but coming up with new solutions to new problems. You understand the process so well, that you have some ability to predict new outcomes, and to understand new outcomes. In this case, that involves an in-depth understanding of biochemistry.
    No chemistry in sorting clothes. Buzzword fallacy. You obviously don't know what biochemistry is either. Ask me how I know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    Picture this, you are called as an expert witness in a court case.
    Been there...done that...got the T shirt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    When the lawyers question you to make sure you are an expert,
    Heh. I know quite a few incompetent lawyers! They are NO experts!
    Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    you say you spent 2 minutes studying the subject.
    I've spend much more then 2 minutes, but ok...let's say the skill in question was learned in 2 minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    I think the only thing that might prevent you from being sent to jail for contempt of court would be your obvious insanity.
    It is not contempt to answer a question truthfully. It is not a crime of any kind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    To master a subject, means you can do it competently.
    And I do. Too bad you aren't rich like I am! Your avarice is showing again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    To be an expert means you have an understanding of the internal workings of a subject well beyond just mastering it, and can and do extend human knowledge on it.
    Nope. Not the definition of an expert. Redefinition fallacy. Go read the origins of the word that I have given you. THAT is how words are defined.
    Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    You clearly have no knowledge of the biochemistry behind clothes sorting, and I have to wonder if you have even mastered clothes sorting.
    No chemistry in sorting clothes.
    "The atmosphere is among the factors that determines the Earth's atmosphere." --ZenMode
    "Donald has failed in almost every endeavor he has attempted. " --floridafan
    "Abortion is not a moral issue. " --BidenPresident
    "Propaganda can also be factual." --Flash
    "Even after being vaccinated, you shed virus particles." --Jerome
    "no slavery is forcing another into labor" -archives
    "Evs are much safer from fires" -- Nordberg
    "Abortion has killed no one." -- LurchAddams

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Into the Night For This Post:

    gfm7175 (02-24-2024)

  5. #3484 | Top
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    29,274
    Thanks
    4,068
    Thanked 12,397 Times in 8,545 Posts
    Groans
    29
    Groaned 2,723 Times in 2,528 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Into the Night View Post
    I am am a chemist, with expertise in pyrochemistry, electrochemistry, and various industrial processes.
    And you were able to learn that all in 2 minutes? Wow that is amazing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Into the Night View Post
    I run a successful company manufacturing sensors for industrial, aerospace, medical, and entertainment sectors. These are sold all over the world. The products you use every day depend on them.
    And you still have the time to post here every day for hours on end? Wow, again that is amazing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Into the Night View Post
    I also happen to be a very competent mechanic with cars, tractors, and aircraft.
    Why not? If you can become an expert in chemistry in 2 minutes, and run a company that the world depends on in a few minutes, it had to have taken you less than a minute to become "very competent" in everything mechanical.

    Quote Originally Posted by Into the Night View Post
    So much for your 'expert' worship. You think buying and driving an EV makes you an 'expert' on electrochemistry, electronics and industrial electrical systems, industrial processes, or mechanics. It doesn't.
    I have never claimed to be an expert in EV's. I am very good at spotting experts.

    Let's recap some of your "expert" claims: You claimed insulation was physically impossible, because you cannot trap heat. You also claimed that fossil fuels do not exist, because you cannot burn fossils. Oh and apparently oil is a renewable fuel...

    Not to mock you, but come on.
    Daniel Patrick Moynihan said it best, "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
    Paul Begala, "Politics is show business for ugly people."
    Stephen Colbert, "Reality has a well known liberal bias."
    trump is a child rapist. We all know it.

  6. #3485 | Top
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    29,274
    Thanks
    4,068
    Thanked 12,397 Times in 8,545 Posts
    Groans
    29
    Groaned 2,723 Times in 2,528 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Into the Night View Post
    There is no such thing as 'generic bleach'.
    Complete Home is the store brand for Walgreens. Store brands are considered generic brands, and therefore a generic bleach. Once again, I am not claiming to be a renowned expert on product marketing, but I have picked these things up over time.

    Remember when you claimed that it was impossible for New Zealand to be Covid free, because the Covid virus could fly by itself thousands of miles?
    Daniel Patrick Moynihan said it best, "You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
    Paul Begala, "Politics is show business for ugly people."
    Stephen Colbert, "Reality has a well known liberal bias."
    trump is a child rapist. We all know it.

  7. #3486 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    11,036
    Thanks
    6,682
    Thanked 3,861 Times in 3,140 Posts
    Groans
    45
    Groaned 124 Times in 122 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    I have never claimed I did not say that. In fact, I say that again. It takes between 10,000 and 20,000 to become an expert at any field.
    TRIPLING down on stupid, eh? Sucks to be Walt......

    Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    You seem to have exaggerated some simple ability to do something with being an expert.
    Some things are easier to become an expert at than others (because they are "simpler things" instead of "more complex things").

    You are now trying to ban all of those "simpler things" from the discussion because they all refute your claim about 10-20K hours being necessary in order to become an expert at something.

    Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    It really is a sign of the times.
    A cliché. Your point?

    Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    Everyone has to be told they are special, and an expert in anything they want to be. If you tell them they are not a world renowned expert, they start crying out of control, and saying how mean you are.
    No one has to be told that they are an expert in order to be an expert.

    Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    I am not an expert on being an expert,
    Interesting.......

    Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    but I know a thing or two about it.
    You've yet to display any knowledge about it... not even "a thing or two"... and you just admitted that you didn't, so you're being irrational again... or still...

    Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    One of my side jobs is hiring
    I don't believe you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    real experts,
    Gibberish.

    Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    so I can tell you that it really does take between 10,000 and 20,000 hours to become a real expert.
    Repetition of a false claim, this time basing it upon gibberish.

    Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    In the grown up world,
    When is the world considered to be "grown up"?

    Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    not everyone can be an expert in everything.
    CLEARLY (and I never claimed otherwise). In fact, YOU'RE a prime example of that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    In fact, most people will never be an expert in anything.
    Speak for yourself. Just because you aren't capable of it doesn't mean that other people aren't capable of it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    You cannot be an expert in anything in a few minutes.
    You've already been provided examples that directly refute this claim. You are being irrational.

    Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    We sort clothing because of different cleaning effects on different colors and types of materials. It is all based on biochemistry, one of the most complex forms of chemistry. If you want to be an expert in what types of clothes to be separated, with the ability to extend human knowledge on the subject, you need to have a very good understanding of the biochemistry behind it all.
    There are a plethora of different reasons for sorting clothing. It doesn't matter why it's being done, just that it IS being done and that many people are experts at it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    Remember, being an expert means that you are not just doing what other people have taught you, but coming up with new solutions to new problems. You understand the process so well, that you have some ability to predict new outcomes, and to understand new outcomes. In this case, that involves an in-depth understanding of biochemistry.
    Now you're adding steps into "becoming an expert" that aren't necessary in order to become one. One doesn't need an "in-depth understanding of biochemistry" in order to be an expert at sorting clothes by type. A child who knows little to nothing about biochemistry can be an expert at sorting clothes by type.

    Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    Picture this, you are called as an expert witness in a court case. When the lawyers question you to make sure you are an expert, you say you spent 2 minutes studying the subject. I think the only thing that might prevent you from being sent to jail for contempt of court would be your obvious insanity.
    Give me a basket full of laundry and I would happily show anyone my expertise in sorting said laundry by type.

    Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    To master a subject, means you can do it competently.
    To be an expert means you have an understanding of the internal workings of a subject well beyond just mastering it, and can and do extend human knowledge on it.

    You clearly have no knowledge of the biochemistry behind clothes sorting, and I have to wonder if you have even mastered clothes sorting.[/QUOTE]
    You clearly have no knowledge of the etymology of words or how to remain focused on the relevant parts of a discussion.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to gfm7175 For This Post:

    Into the Night (02-25-2024)

  9. #3487 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    11,036
    Thanks
    6,682
    Thanked 3,861 Times in 3,140 Posts
    Groans
    45
    Groaned 124 Times in 122 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    And you were able to learn that all in 2 minutes? Wow that is amazing.
    Once again, resorting to ridiculously bogus position assignments. Can I safely assume that dishonesty is all that you have?

    Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    Why not? If you can become an expert in chemistry in 2 minutes, and run a company that the world depends on in a few minutes, it had to have taken you less than a minute to become "very competent" in everything mechanical.
    See above.

    Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    I have never claimed to be an expert in EV's.
    Maybe you've never specifically said the words "I am an expert in EVs", but you act as if you are one. At this point, AProudLefty would be proud of you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    I am very good at spotting experts.


    How can you spot one if you don't even know what one is?

    TOO FUNNY!

    Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    Let's recap some of your "expert" claims: You claimed insulation was physically impossible, because you cannot trap heat.
    I've never seen him claim that insulation is physically impossible. I've seen him claim that heat cannot be trapped though, and he is correct about that. Insulation does not involve trapping heat. Can you name and direct me towards where I can acquire a perfect insulator?

    Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    You also claimed that fossil fuels do not exist, because you cannot burn fossils.
    Right. There is no such thing as "fossil fuels". Fossils do not burn very well (they are not used for fuel). Can you name anything in which fossils are used to fuel it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    Oh and apparently oil is a renewable fuel...
    It IS. It is naturally forming underground as we speak.

    Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    Not to mock you, but come on.


    TOO FUNNY!

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to gfm7175 For This Post:

    Into the Night (02-25-2024)

  11. #3488 | Top
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    38,713
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 19,331 Times in 13,441 Posts
    Groans
    3
    Groaned 844 Times in 803 Posts

    Default

    And, EV's take another bashing...

    Toyota's 1-6-90 rule shows that building and putting on the road one EV is the same environmentally as building 6 plug-in hybrids or 90 ICE / battery hybrids.

    Toyota’s Leaked 1:6:90 Rule Reveals Why It’s Not Wasting Lithium on EVs
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/auto...vs/ar-BB1iOfAN

    Toyota figured out it's better to build ICE hybrids that each reduce pollution some because the pollution and other economic factors involved in straight battery EV's makes the latter (EV's) a horrible choice both economically and in terms of total pollution emitted.

  12. #3489 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    6,785
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2,858 Times in 2,165 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 56 Times in 52 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    Generic bleach. It has no trouble bleaching the other shirts.
    Chlorine bleach or oxygen bleach? I asked you to post a picture of the jug.
    Global Warming violates the 1st LoT by claiming a magical creation of thermal energy out of nothing, in the form of a temperature increase, which is somehow caused by a magical substance.
    Greenhouse Effect violates Stefan-Boltzmann and black body science by claiming that an increase in earth's temperature is somehow caused by a decrease in earth's radiance.
    Greenhouse Effect violates the 2nd LoT by claiming that the cooler atmosphere somehow heats the warmer earth's surface.

  13. #3490 | Top
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    78,460
    Thanks
    31,156
    Thanked 13,153 Times in 11,719 Posts
    Groans
    11
    Groaned 1,366 Times in 1,352 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    And you were able to learn that all in 2 minutes? Wow that is amazing.
    I never said I became a competent chemist in 2 minutes, Sock.
    Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    I have never claimed to be an expert in EV's.
    Yes you did. Don't try to deny your own posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    I am very good at spotting experts.
    No, you are not. You don't even know what the word 'expert' means or how it's defined.
    Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    Let's recap some of your "expert" claims:
    Okay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    You claimed insulation was physically impossible, because you cannot trap heat.
    Thermal insulation (such as used in houses, blankets, coats, etc) does not trap heat. It is not possible to trap heat. Such materials REDUCE heat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    You also claimed that fossil fuels do not exist, because you cannot burn fossils.
    Correct.
    Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    Oh and apparently oil is a renewable fuel...
    Correct.
    Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    Not to mock you, but come on.
    You can't. Every time you try, Sock, you look like an illiterate idiot.
    "The atmosphere is among the factors that determines the Earth's atmosphere." --ZenMode
    "Donald has failed in almost every endeavor he has attempted. " --floridafan
    "Abortion is not a moral issue. " --BidenPresident
    "Propaganda can also be factual." --Flash
    "Even after being vaccinated, you shed virus particles." --Jerome
    "no slavery is forcing another into labor" -archives
    "Evs are much safer from fires" -- Nordberg
    "Abortion has killed no one." -- LurchAddams

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Into the Night For This Post:

    gfm7175 (02-26-2024)

  15. #3491 | Top
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    78,460
    Thanks
    31,156
    Thanked 13,153 Times in 11,719 Posts
    Groans
    11
    Groaned 1,366 Times in 1,352 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    Complete Home is the store brand for Walgreens.
    Nope. Complete Home means many things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    Store brands are considered generic brands,
    Store brands are not generic brands. It is a store brand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    and therefore a generic bleach.
    Which one? There a lot of bleaches. Sodium hypochlorite in solution? Sodium oxalate in solution? Hydrogen peroxide in solution?
    Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    Once again, I am not claiming to be a renowned expert on product marketing,
    You never said that before, so there is no 'once again'. It is obvious you have no idea how a product is marketed though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    but I have picked these things up over time.
    What things? Bleach? Which one?
    Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    Remember when you claimed that it was impossible for New Zealand to be Covid free, because the Covid virus could fly by itself thousands of miles?
    Never did, but I will now. Covid doesn't fly by itself, but it is an airborne virus that can travel by aircraft. New Zealand is not free of the Covid19 virus. No nation is.
    "The atmosphere is among the factors that determines the Earth's atmosphere." --ZenMode
    "Donald has failed in almost every endeavor he has attempted. " --floridafan
    "Abortion is not a moral issue. " --BidenPresident
    "Propaganda can also be factual." --Flash
    "Even after being vaccinated, you shed virus particles." --Jerome
    "no slavery is forcing another into labor" -archives
    "Evs are much safer from fires" -- Nordberg
    "Abortion has killed no one." -- LurchAddams

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Into the Night For This Post:

    gfm7175 (02-26-2024)

  17. #3492 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Living in rural America, "clinging to guns and religion"
    Posts
    43,240
    Thanks
    9,696
    Thanked 22,619 Times in 17,057 Posts
    Groans
    134
    Groaned 522 Times in 502 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    They hate electric cars and have never been in one. They have no real-life knowledge or experience so they scour the internet looking for something, anything at all that says EVs are bad. owners love them. https://www.jdpower.com/cars/shoppin...EV%20ownership.
    There are always bad cars made . The recall on ICEs are common and part of owning one. Same for EVs, but they are much simpler with far fewer parts and require a lot less maintenance.
    EVs need as much maintenance as ICEs, less the oil changes.
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

  18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RB 60 For This Post:

    gfm7175 (02-26-2024), Into the Night (02-25-2024)

  19. #3493 | Top
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    78,460
    Thanks
    31,156
    Thanked 13,153 Times in 11,719 Posts
    Groans
    11
    Groaned 1,366 Times in 1,352 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    EVs need as much maintenance as ICEs, less the oil changes.
    EVs need lubrication and even oil changes too...more like transmission oil changes in frequency.
    Oil is used as a coolant/lubricant for the motor/gearbox assembly.

    The batteries are also liquid cooled, and that coolant must be checked from time to time. Low coolant in the battery system can cause battery fire.
    "The atmosphere is among the factors that determines the Earth's atmosphere." --ZenMode
    "Donald has failed in almost every endeavor he has attempted. " --floridafan
    "Abortion is not a moral issue. " --BidenPresident
    "Propaganda can also be factual." --Flash
    "Even after being vaccinated, you shed virus particles." --Jerome
    "no slavery is forcing another into labor" -archives
    "Evs are much safer from fires" -- Nordberg
    "Abortion has killed no one." -- LurchAddams

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to Into the Night For This Post:

    gfm7175 (02-26-2024)

  21. #3494 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    11,036
    Thanks
    6,682
    Thanked 3,861 Times in 3,140 Posts
    Groans
    45
    Groaned 124 Times in 122 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    EVs need as much maintenance as ICEs, less the oil changes.
    It's funny how the leftists on this forum regularly state that they neglect maintenance on their EVs... same with their rooftop solar panels.

  22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gfm7175 For This Post:

    Into the Night (02-26-2024), RB 60 (02-26-2024)

  23. #3495 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    53,949
    Thanks
    255
    Thanked 24,849 Times in 17,275 Posts
    Groans
    5,352
    Groaned 4,602 Times in 4,279 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    EVs need as much maintenance as ICEs, less the oil changes.
    That of course is absolutely wrong. You are maintaining your record of knowing nothing about the subject you chose to intrude on. You save 5 K over the lifetime use of an EV, These are maintenance costs. It does not address the personal time taking care of an ICE requires. https://www.chase.com/personal/auto/...ar-maintenance

Similar Threads

  1. Oh yeah! Let's put these things in cars! Electric cars, yay!
    By Matt Dillon in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: Yesterday, 10:24 PM
  2. Study dispels myth that electric cars pollute as much as gas-powered cars.
    By Joe Capitalist in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-21-2021, 07:48 AM
  3. Are Electric Cars Really Better for the Environment?
    By Legion in forum Off Topic Forum
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 03-24-2021, 08:11 PM
  4. Anyone Interested In Electric Cars?
    By American Man in forum Off Topic Forum
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 02-18-2021, 04:07 PM
  5. Politics of electric cars
    By Rune in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-26-2012, 06:28 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •